Anirban657

Finding it hard to believe I am not the body

39 posts in this topic

@Anirban657 gotcha. Hope this helps!

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

@Anirban657 if your legs and arms were chopped off in an unfortunate accident... You would still be you (sure, different in many ways) but you, the feeling of you, will still be you :)

Ergo. You aint the body.

You are aware of a body but aren't the body.

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

@Anirban657 The better question is, why would you think you are a body? Who is there to even say what counts as a body and what doesn't? Humans make up all such boundaries, including the boundary of human vs non-human. In other words, humans only exist as a species because we say that we do. The universe does not know what a species is.

Don't take the most basic things for granted.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

4 minutes ago, Anirban657 said:

@Serotoninluv I think the blood vessels are part of my body but not me. I as a while is not my body. Ok, now I thing I get it. I need to try locating myself in the body. I need to think through it.

From a physical perspective there is no boundary that separates your body from your environment. It is just a subjective sense and idea. If you look very closely there is no separation with the body and environment - it is just a practical concept that comes in handy to function in the world. When we look closely, your body is a continuation with the environment. There is no separation. It just feels that way and the mind has been conditioned to believe it.

9 minutes ago, Anirban657 said:

But how can I exist without the body?

That is a deeper question. The mind may think: “OK, I am not what I have been calling the “body”. Yet I am something. And that something is dependent on what I call the body”. 

It certainly seems that something will end when the body dies. What ends? 

It’s a question humans have pondered for thousands of years. The deepest truth is revealed in your own direct experience, not what someone else tells you it should be based on their direct experience. Others have value, yet your direct experience is the deepest.

@Anirban657 You know, in the end, it really doesn't matter what you believe in. If you can just blindly accept that you are not the body, that would work just as well as if you had a proper logical answer. Ultimately, you must have faith, and surrender. Only then will you have direct experience of the fact that you are not limited to the body. To put it differently, not being the body is not a matter of a belief. Being the body is.

4 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Anirban657

You are unthinkable, unbelievable, and unimaginable. 

Only direct experience will do. 

@NahmThanks! 

4 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

That is a deeper question. The mind may think: “OK, I am not what I have been calling the “body”. Yet I am something. And that something is dependent on what I call the body”. 

It certainly seems that something will end when the body dies. What ends? 

It’s a question humans have pondered for thousands of years. The deepest truth is revealed in your own direct experience, not what someone else tells you it should be based on their direct experience. Others have value, yet your direct experience is the deepest.

This is great. I will schedule a routine for self-inquiry. I want to verify what am I. So yes that's great!

"Becoming 'awake' involves seeing our own confusion more clearly"-Rumi

Yeah this can some investigating before you full realise you are not the body. One way to look at it to help is if you were a body, then you would be a body, like a unconscious body without anyway of even knowing if you are a body or not. However, you can perceive a body, you are aware of a body just like you are aware of a sound, a thought ect, of course its easy to know we are not the sounds we hear or the objects we see but why is it any different in regards to the body? if you can perceive something then you cannot be the thing you are perceiving as you are aware of it. And if you were it then you would not be aware of it in the first place you would would just be it.  

Edited by noselfnofun

also when you close your eyes or are dreaming, do you have a body then? 

@Leo Gura if animals don't speak human language, does it mean they have always felt the one-ness with the cosmos? does it mean they are all actually quite spiritually enlightened?

...because our construct of enlightenment has come from its polar opposite of darkness/suffering, which is also a consequence of logic dualities lol

@clouffy animals still have seperate selves so they're not enlightened

however, to even state there is a concept of enlightenment is not true 

and therefore there is no enlightenment to which an animal could reach 

vice versa 

its kinda the same as saying everything is already enlightened 

:') mindfuck levells 10/10 

@clouffy Animals are not awake, just like children are not awake. But nor are they egoically deluded.

To be awake is to be conscious that you are God. A mule is not conscious that he is God. Unless maybe he's really good at hiding it ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura God does not exist Leo . And animals are enlightened ... Being enlightened is not being ''egoically deluded'' . 

And as Neo-advaitas says '' there is no one to become enlightened '' . That's too simplistic , but is true .

@Anirban657 All the best.Dont worry you will not go mad by doing Atma vichara or self enquiry.

The perceiver cannot be the perceived.what ever you perceive is not you.

It may happen to you immediately or will take several years or may not happen in the life time.so be prepared.

Self enquiry has to be done all the time.Atleast all your free time.

Guys to me a mule is happy being a mule then is the need to know they are God relevant?

Sure a mule is unconscious, but arent they content?

Its a perspective of Taoism or Forrest Gump; to just live ones life, and is that not enough?

A mule may not be enlightened, but a mule is alive and is within life.

And who are we to judge that mules arent enlightened? Maybe they are! Has anyone here been a mule before?

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

@clouffy Animals are not awake, just like children are not awake. But nor are they egoically deluded.

To be awake is to be conscious that you are God. A mule is not conscious that he is God. Unless maybe he's really good at hiding it ;)

Numbers 22:28 hahahaha... 

:P

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

Wei Wu Wei in his book "Open Secret" in my opinion is one of the few who really explain what we are not "inside" a body, or inside the brain or we are not the body either. I also struggled (and still do sometimes)  with the idea that I am not the body. This is a fragment of the book I consider it very clear for understanding.

Screen Shot 2019-04-13 at 4.03.54 PM.png

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

@Mikael89  I always wanted to read that book, it's really good. In reality I was always curious about Wei Wu Wei. I found it searching books about enlightenment and he immediately caught my attention.

He has a lot of books that I want to read hehehe... 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wei_Wu_Wei