Anirban657

Finding it hard to believe I am not the body

39 posts in this topic

Just starting to get interested in finding what I really am. And it's so mind boggling. How can I not be the body?

I am asking this not to skip the self-inquiry though but to ensure that I am not going insane. 

How can I not be the body? If I just believe I am not the body then it's really a dumb decision. But am I really not the body? 

I don't want to go insane. Will self-inquiry really help me discover my true nature or will it make me believe more of what I am not? 

Please comment any suggestions. Thank you!

"Becoming 'awake' involves seeing our own confusion more clearly"-Rumi

In short you are not the body

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

Look around right now and notice that everything you perceive has equal value so to speak. Everything you perceive is inside your awareness. Notice how awareness doesn't discriminate. Look now stories judgements and distinctions your mind makes. Hope this helps. 

@Anirban657

Oh boy you are in for at least 2 years of feeling like dying from time to time during self inquiry, constant heavy feeling in the chest which feels like slow death through suffocation with no cure and no way available to numb it.

A shit ton of ego backlash, huge changes in personality(mostly negative :x), unable to even relate to the self from 2-3 years back in any way, seeing through all sorts of bullshit mirage bonds(including parents), fear of losing your shit and end up in the streets while surprisingly not caring that much as well....

Then after 2-3 years, you'all be shocked to even imagine that you were once deluded enough to take this body, thoughts, sensations, stories as yourself. This realization will humble you to your core. You'll indiscriminately forgive everyone and be unable to hold grudge against anything or anyone, realizing the level of your own delusion; compared to which other people's 'stupid' and 'unjust' activities will seem like peanuts.

And all that would be barely scratching the surface only.

"How was that for a horror story?"

- Daddy Mckenna

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

5 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

@Anirban657 Where is the exact point your external environment ends and your body begins?

Pls dont pop my imaginary bubble.

I feel like i am dying.

Oh no

Bless me Mooji. Pls bless me mooji xD

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

20 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

@Anirban657 Where is the exact point your external environment ends and your body begins?

@Serotoninluv I think my skin. 

9 minutes ago, Anirban657 said:

@Serotoninluv I think my skin. 

Are the billions of microbes within your skin also your body?

Also consider that the bacteria in your gut have a direct pipeline to communicate with your brain. They influence your brain’s activity, thoughts and emotions. Your brain also sends signals to your gut to regulate that bacteria community. Are these bacteria part of your body? Do you identify with these bacteria as “me”?

26 minutes ago, Jkris said:

@Anirban657 why you want to find who I am ?

@Jkris I just feel like this is insane to believe whatever people say and not verify it for myself. So far I think I don't know the truth about anything and so I want to know the truth about what am I? Because it's frustrating not to know what am I. I mean I am always with myself. I sleep, I eat, I pray, I love, I think, I feel, I laugh, I cry with myself and I don't know what am I?

I also read that the I am Nothing which is not a thing that can be perceived. So I want to verify myself. 

If I say I am a human being. That means I am the body. But people say I am not the body I am the soul or I am God or I am energy or I am a frequency or blah blah. So what I want to verify. 

I want to verify what am I really? 

Also after some thinking I found out that people think they are different but if we are all one then there will only be love and unity but people believe that they are separate and different from each other. So I want to unite people by first verifying who am I really? Am I one with the universe or am I some separate entity? 

That's why I want to know what am I?

I am fed up with all the different views on I. I want to verify it. And also I want to help people unite and be happy.

4 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Are the billions of microbes within your skin also your body?

Also consider that the bacteria in your gut have a direct pipeline to communicate with your brain. They influence your brain’s activity, thoughts and emotions. Your brain also sends signals to your gut to regulate that bacteria community. Are these bacteria part of your body? Do you identify with these bacteria as “me”?

@Serotoninluv No I am not the bacteria. But I am not perceiving the body, am I? I am the body,right? I mean if I see a smartphone in front of me, I can say that I am not the smartphone but if I am the body, there is no separation or subject or object relationship between the body and I. Right? I mean I am one with the body, right?

7 minutes ago, Anirban657 said:

@Serotoninluv No I am not the bacteria. But I am not perceiving the body, am I? I am the body,right? I mean if I see a smartphone in front of me, I can say that I am not the smartphone but if I am the body, there is no separation or subject or object relationship between the body and I. Right? I mean I am one with the body, right?

How is the bacteria in your gut not your body and “you”? That bacteria is communicating with your brain and influencing your thoughts and emotions - like neurons in your brain are influencing thoughts and emotions. Are the neurons in your brain part of your body and “you”?

@Anirban657 self-inquiry is not a belief system. It's an active discovery through direct experience, nothing more, nothing less. Your fear about what you mind might find out is the falsehood.

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

1 minute ago, Serotoninluv said:

How is the bacteria in your gut not your body and “you”? That bacteria is influencing your thoughts and emotions, like neurons in your brain are influencing thoughts and emotions. Are the neurons in your brain part of your body and “you”?

@Serotoninluv please don't get me wrong but I am being as honest as possible.. I think I am the collection of the neurons. I may be wrong. 

4 minutes ago, Anirban657 said:

@Serotoninluv please don't get me wrong but I am being as honest as possible.. I think I am the collection of the neurons. I may be wrong. 

If you are a collection of neurons, are you also the cells that communicate with those neurons? For example, blood vessels supply oxygen and nutrients to your brain. Are not these blood vessels also your body and you?

Don't worry about right and wrong. What does it seem like to you?

2 minutes ago, TheAvatarState said:

@Anirban657 self-inquiry is not a belief system. It's an active discovery through direct experience, nothing more, nothing less. Your fear about what you mind might find out is the falsehood.

@TheAvatarState I just wanted to discuss. I am not skipping self-inquiry. 

1 minute ago, Serotoninluv said:

If you are a collection of neurons, are you also the cells that communicate with those neurons? For example, blood vessels supply oxygen and nutrients to your brain. Are not these blood vessels also your body and you?

@Serotoninluv I think the blood vessels are part of my body but not me. I as a while is not my body. Ok, now I thing I get it. I need to try locating myself in the body. I need to think through it.

But how can I exist without the body?

1 hour ago, zeroISinfinity said:

Look around right now and notice that everything you perceive has equal value so to speak. Everything you perceive is inside your awareness. Notice how awareness doesn't discriminate. Look now stories judgements and distinctions your mind makes. Hope this helps. 

@zeroISinfinity Great help. Thank you so much!

You are the body. You are the body of Christ/consciousness. You must eat the body of Christ (communion). 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost