winterknight

The eternal psychedelic

24 posts in this topic

Just thought this might be appreciated since so many enjoy psychedelics as spiritual aids to exploration on this forum.

That sense, when you take a psychedelic, of being taken on a swing backward and upward so that suddenly you can see the stage of life where once you thought you were an actor upon it... 

That "whoa! oh!" sense of reality of everything being spun on an axis you didn't even know existed...

That sense, where you notice that the blankness, the spaces of experience are actually full...

That sense of being supported on all sides and at every point at all times...

That sense of being able to hear the static in what you thought was silence... 

These are just what it is to taste temporarily of what is actually always the case.

You are in a psychedelic state right now that operates every second of your life. It runs through experience like an old-school phone tone, seemingly interrupted only by the thoughts of experiences, themselves rooted in the sense "I am". Try to grasp that "I" sense and the attempt will lead you to being able to hear that tone; eventually it will be all you hear.

Edited by winterknight

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

Life's a trip and the journey is the destination ;)

Psychedelic vs not-psychedelic is yet one more duality.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura I still remember that video you made spontaneously when you were on a trip, I keep thinking about it. At first I had such a negative reaction but by the end I experienced this intense oneness with it and stayed in that state for hours after. I remember commenting that I had little kids and can't do psychedelics right now but maybe you do psychedelics so I don't have to. xD 

I think I'm going to go watch this again now. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@mandyjw You vs me is a duality ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura I know, but when I watch this it disappears.

I want to see if it will happen again. I'll let you know. :)

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@winterknight

Am I a robot? Like literally...I'm doubting this as I do self inquiry.

During self inquiry, it is found that no phonomena have any being whatsoever. 

This whole thing called 'being alive' is a sham. No phenomena possess life or sentience or being. The world doesn't say "hey look! I am the world". The body, thoughts, feeling don't have any being to assert themselves either.

What I knew as life, I discovered the whole of it as dumb, dead, insentient, hollow phenomena. 

I am not alive! I was never alive. This is where self inquiry goes to.

It's seems like I am/was an insentient robot all along. Only by some god forsaken accident/magic, this illusion of a living, separate 'I' seemed to nest inside that robot. Upon inquiry, that virus vanishes and the robot stays like as it is. 

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

3 minutes ago, Preetom said:

@winterknight

Am I a robot? Like literally...I'm doubting this as I do self inquiry.

During self inquiry, it is found that no phonomena have any being whatsoever. 

This whole thing called 'being alive' is a sham. No phenomena possess life or sentience or being. The world doesn't say "hey look! I am the world". The body, thoughts, feeling don't have any being to assert themselves either.

What I knew as life, I discovered the whole of it as dumb, dead, insentient, hollow phenomena. 

I am not alive! I was never alive. This is where self inquiry goes to.

It's seems like I am/was an insentient robot all along. Only by some accident, this illusion of a living, separate 'I' seemed to nest inside that robot. Upon inquiry, that virus vanishes and the robot stays like as it is. 

What you think of as a separate I is a lot like a robot, yes. But that's not where inquiry ends. Inquiry ends in the recognition of the "true I" -- which is neither dead nor robotic.

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

9 minutes ago, winterknight said:

What you think of as a separate I is a lot like a robot, yes. But that's not where inquiry ends. Inquiry ends in the recognition of the "true I" -- which is neither dead nor robotic.

This robot has neither any choice, nor  it is alive, nor it does certain things.

Only through a sort of deluded imagination, it takes itself as the chooser, decider, actor, enjoyer etc. aka the main character of this cinema called life.

When you talk about surrender, Is this the surrender of this robot? Omg this thing isn't even alive. Not really if I look.

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

38 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

@Leo Gura  xD 

I think I'm going to go watch this again now

Please don't scare your kids. They might piss their pants in the middle of the night :ph34r:

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

4 minutes ago, Preetom said:

This robot has neither any choice, nor  it is alive, nor it does certain things.

Only through a sort of deluded imagination, it takes itself as the chooser, decider, actor, enjoyer etc. aka the main character of this cinema called life.

When you talk about surrender, Is this the surrender of this robot? Omg this thing isn't even alive. Not really if I look.

But who is the one looking and noticing the robotic nature of the robot?

@Preetom I'm alone in my workshop right now. xD

Yep this is still pure gold. This time I thoroughly enjoyed the start of it.

"It's called Youtube, Metube, Ustube, Wetube, we all tube for Youtube. Of course." the perfect strangeloop

5 minutes ago, winterknight said:

But who is the one looking and noticing the robotic nature of the robot?

Honestly if I try my best to put it in words, it is an involuntary recognition. It would be a lie if I said that I am witnessing all this. That I itself is a part of the robot.

It's like asking "who sleeps?". That question makes no sense. Sleep is not an activity one can do. Sleep merely happens.

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

"Explosion of energy in my chest", Leo, you busted open your heart chakra buddy.

"The mindfuck to end all mindfucks"

Just now, Preetom said:

Honestly if I try my best to put it in words, it is an involuntary recognition. It would be a lie if I said that I am witnessing all this. That I itself is a part of the robot.

It's like asking "who sleeps?". That question makes no sense. Sleep is not an activity one can do. Sleep merely happens.

But to whom is the involuntary recognition occurring?

The question of who sleeps does make sense -- if sleep happens, it is certainly happening to someone. This is true even of deep, dreamless sleep. In the Vedantic conception, deep sleep too is experienced -- and we know that it is because when we wake up we had the vague sense that we slept. We don't logically "infer" that "I must have slept" because "I remembering laying down on the bed and now I'm on the bed and opened my eyes and hey that must mean I slept."

No -- we know we did not know what was going on in the interval. That knowing of not-knowing is the experience of deep sleep.

So sleep does occur to a 'someone.' That someone when investigated may prove itself to be a robot at one level, but at a deeper level it is not merely a robot. The one to whom that "robotic I" occurs and is experienced -- who is that?

The one who is identical in waking, dream, and deep sleep... the one that is constant through those very different-seeming states... who is that?

17 minutes ago, winterknight said:

But to whom is the involuntary recognition occurring?

Further questioning and movements is redundant and more phenomena at this point.

17 minutes ago, winterknight said:

The one who is identical in waking, dream, and deep sleep... the one that is constant through those very different-seeming states... who is that?

I am that. I have always been that. Even when i forget it or think i lost it, I am never nothing but that.

At this point, I am either enlightened or there is no such thing as enlightenment. Oh god the whole thing is a joke

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

3 minutes ago, Preetom said:

Further questioning and momements is redundant and more phenomena at this point.

I am that. I have always been that. Even when i forget it or think i lost it, I am never nothing but that.

At this point, I am either enlightened or there is no such thing as enlightenment. Oh god the whole thing is a joke

If you are that, then to whom do the doubts occur? Self-inquiry must persist until there is clarity.

6 minutes ago, winterknight said:

If you are that, then to whom do the doubts occur? Self-inquiry must persist until there is clarity.

Okay thank you.

Self inquiry at this point becomes a zero sum game. Its like when someone sits for an exam where he already knows all the question including all the answers beforehand.

This applied folly on oneself...haha so funny :D

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

I found the comment I wrote last year, it was on the follow up video. 

"Light on Earth1 year ago

I somehow managed to link into your experience watching your video yesterday, and I'm still amazed at how it happened. I'm a mom of two young kids and have never taken drugs, never smoked pot, have never even been drunk. I love your videos and have been following them for more than two years but I skip over your videos on psychedelics because even if I chose to experiment with them it's definitely not an option for me right now. I mostly follow Eckhart Tolle and various other teachers like Pema Chodron and to be honest I have a lot of judgements and reservations about your methods. I started out watching feeling disgusted and a bit embarrassed for you with no intention of finishing the video, then I started finding the entire thing really funny, then I just felt nothing and watched, then I felt attracted to you, then a sense of deeper love and connection and then the I am God, you are God, we are God realization. The feeling didn't wear off. I had maybe the best day of my life yesterday though nothing notable happened, and I still feel like the realizations stuck. Maybe you take psychedelics so the rest of us don't have to? Parts of your video yesterday reminded me a lot of Eckhart Tolle to whom I've listed for hours upon hours, the pauses in speaking, the holy shit epiphany things that you said, but there was an energy that's not there with him. Enlightenment is as simple as being one with the present moment. All concepts about enlightenment that entertain the past or future or the concept of an enlightened one are hypocritical jokes, a joke that points it's finger back at itself, a strange loop.

Actualized.org1 year ago

I can tell that psychedelics would transform your life. If you just opened yourself to them.

Light on Earth1 year ago

I've found that if you bring awareness into any naturally "altered" state you can come away with new realizations. For me these have included getting the flu, passing out after slamming my finger in a door, a runner's high after running in extreme cold, etc. As a nursing mom I'm still not allowed to take pepto bismol or cough medicine, so trips are definitely not an option for now. Part of being open minded is being very aware of your biases which I do my best at so who knows what the future holds. We're all on a unique journey. But the same journey. ;)"

I'm a bit embarrassed for myself now. xD When I watched it this time it was instant connection/realization of truth.