Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AlphaAbundance

Why is contribution important?

12 posts in this topic

Why is helping people or contribution important (in general, as it relates to life purpose, as it relates to consciousness, spirituality)?

Aren't you just creating that meaning anyway?What's different or special about the meaning you assign to contribution?

Also, is this expanded on in the life purpose course? At @Leo Gura and others who took the course

@AlphaAbundance I just came back from my track coach's funeral and let me tell you...

In the end, the impact you make on others is what lasts.

People remember you based on who you were as a person, what values you had, how you made them feel, and what your overall mission was in life.

My coach was willing to give you the shoes off of his feet if that's what it took for you to compete.

My coach was willing to go to your mom's house in order to PROOVE to her that her son had potential to be something better than just a jock with no future in sports...

He was a man who wanted to see you develop as a person, regardless of how you felt about him.

... are you starting to see how impact matters? 

Hope this helps. 

As strange as it sounds, I think that interacting with people with the intent to help them is a mistake.
To look at another person as if he/she was somehow weaker, less complete, is to validate the self-image of a victim.
It is right to give what is needed, only as long as it is done between equals.
If it's not, then treating the other as your equal is the 'help' they need to get first.

In this sense, helping others is not meaningful because it does not ennoble anybody. It is not a virtue.
It is simply a way to exercise your embodiment.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

There's a tiny line between helping and debilitating people.

@AlphaAbundance If I help you, then karma works in that I am helping myself because you are me. 

If I punch someone in the face I will be feeling that punch after this life as that person.

Also to do acts of Selflessnes is pro-spirituality and leads to faster growth.

Edited by Anton_Pierre

@Sahil Pandit :( Hugs. 

@AlphaAbundance Do it because it's fun to see what happens. It's like planting seeds in a garden. You work hard and get all dirty. You don't know which will die and which will sprout when you do it. But life begets life and it's fun to see what happens in the end. It's like wrapping a present up for yourself, hiding it until you forget about and finding it again someday. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@AlphaAbundance

It's not important at all.

If you find it materialistic valuable, it'll be important to you.

If you find it emotionally valuable, it'll be important to you.

Human beings have always survived in societies, and contribution is valuable to society, both materially and emotionally.

21 hours ago, tsuki said:

As strange as it sounds, I think that interacting with people with the intent to help them is a mistake.
To look at another person as if he/she was somehow weaker, less complete, is to validate the self-image of a victim.
It is right to give what is needed, only as long as it is done between equals.
If it's not, then treating the other as your equal is the 'help' they need to get first.

In this sense, helping others is not meaningful because it does not ennoble anybody. It is not a virtue.
It is simply a way to exercise your embodiment.

Very true.

But you can contribute without directly helping. You can inspire other people and be peaceful. Not engaging in the constant violence people indulge in day to day. For example Leo is contributing with his work.

17 hours ago, Shiva said:

Yes. To God your little human contribution doesn't matter. Compared to the vastness of existence, everything you could possibly accomplish in life will be insignificant anyways.

That is one perspective. The other is, that you are God. So it can matter in some way.

@AlphaAbundance Life purpose has nothing to do with spirituality. Life purpose is a future ideal. When you awaken you discover your real life purpose is not planned, but in the moment without thought. 

@AlphaAbundance All the people that have contributed so that you are on a good path. All the people that motivate you so you stay on the path. All the people that are at selfless service to mankind. Aren't you grateful for them? Aren't you grateful those people decided to help you instead of just blissing out somewhere?

life is meaningless, the meaning you put into it is what counts, on your own terms and understanding whether you cherry pick your preferences or leave them at default