Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Esoteric

Meditating in Himalayan Cave - In Practice?

12 posts in this topic

How do you get food? How to deal with the coldness? Where do you go to the toilet?

3 hours ago, Esoteric said:

How do you get food?

Hunt for rabbit or go and fish. You can go to nearby shop and get food to survive

How to deal with the coldness?

Start a fire 

Where do you go to the toilet?

You can pee outside and poop outside where people dont see you. You can use grass to take away the poop in you butt

Edited by Peo
grammer

Ahh well if you are ready to go in a cave you will already have all those answers :)

B R E A T H E

Two good books about living in the Himalayas and meditating in caves are by Swami Rama - Living with the himalayan masters and Om swami - A truth to be told.

It's funny that you think about how to go to the toilet when you think about such a drastical lifestyle ?

What's the difference between a duck?

IMO

Instead of going to a brutal, freezing mountain it is a better strategy to go and live in a small hut in some suburb or rural area(possibly in some other country where living cost is low).

And living a simple, secluded, contemplative life for months(as long as it takes) and self inquiring one's ass off until realization happens 

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

53 minutes ago, Mirror of Confusion said:

Two good books about living in the Himalayas and meditating in caves are by Swami Rama - Living with the himalayan masters and Om swami - A truth to be told.

It's funny that you think about how to go to the toilet when you think about such a drastical lifestyle ?

1 hour ago, Peo said:

Hunt for rabbit or go and fish. You can go to nearby shop and get food to survive

Start a fire 

You can pee outside and poop outside where people dont see you. You can use grass to take away the poop in you butt

Haha the toilet question is funny, but hey I was just curious.

And no I certainly am not ready to live in a cave but it's very fascinating that people are doing it.

You know You are enlightened but can't stop that pleasure You get of seeking. Drop it all and get back into your life. Everything is divine, living as manual worker or going to cave. 

I have no plans to go there and meditate. I was just curious how it works.

21 minutes ago, Esoteric said:

I have no plans to go there and meditate. I was just curious how it works.

Oh and btw in many places, cave monks are revered. So often times, some local people cook and arrange food for the monk daily while he meditates all day to get woke AF.

It is done in the hope that a portion of the good piety and spiritual results of that monk will be shared by the food provider as well.

Cook food for a monk and get your ticket to heaven to bang some celestial chicks. Who's up for this? B|

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

@Preetom I think I'd rather go for being a monk.

Though islams 72 virgins sounds damn appealing. Maybe  if it was 84 I'd do it. Oh and if they were experienced women. Virgins are not a thrill in bed B|

And thanks for the info. I will check out more about this. I gotta be honest. The lore of Babaji and other sages is very intriguing to me and motivational. This is my new form of entertainment. I also saw Leo had a book on the list about a monk, will pick it up at some point whenever I go through my 5+ books Im planning to read. So much interesting stuff. I love it.

Edited by Esoteric

4 hours ago, Esoteric said:

there seems to be something very special with this mountain range.

There really is.. the Himalayas are amazing, well the parts I've seen, which is just a fragment of the range. Roof of the world for real. The geography is so raw and huge.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.