theking00

I am tired of my ego

32 posts in this topic

I want to remove it so badly. My ego causes so much suffering. 

Edited by theking00

@theking00 who is it that wants to "remove the ego"?

you can have some experiences of ego death. but in the end, you can only learn to appreciate Life.

unborn Truth

@theking00 Are you willing to let go? Or is there still some fight in there? . . . I say this as someone who had an epic battle for control of the mental narrative.

@theking00 Then why do you continue creating it? I think you secretly like it. Or at least, there’s something you’re getting out of it. Maybe you don’t realize what that is? 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

6 minutes ago, theking00 said:

Maybe spirituality is not for me.

@theking00 Said the ego.

15 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

@theking00 Are you willing to let go? Or is there still some fight in there? . . . I say this as someone who had an epic battle for control of the mental narrative.

How can I experienced ego death?

@theking00 Take a quantum leap and step beyond yourself. No words can tell you how to do that. You either do it or you don't.

@theking00  Not sure if this will help and I'm not sure that everyone will agree but in my experience, life is a constant state of ego death. There is not one ego death, but many, and many more after those and many more after those. I'm not sure if the ego can truly be fully overcome. I'm open to the possibility, but in my own life the best I've been able to do is to gain more and more control over the ego, but it's still there. 

"It can't be that lame, you know?" Terence McKenna

7 minutes ago, EmptyInside said:

@theking00  Not sure if this will help and I'm not sure that everyone will agree but in my experience, life is a constant state of ego death. There is not one ego death, but many, and many more after those and many more after those. I'm not sure if the ego can truly be fully overcome. I'm open to the possibility, but in my own life the best I've been able to do is to gain more and more control over the ego, but it's still there. 

Maybe I should love my ego. 

26 minutes ago, theking00 said:

How can I experienced ego death?

Have you tried a psychedelic? There is nearly a 100% chance of full ego death. The ego will return,  yet you would get a good look at life without an ego. 

It's how I got my first ego death experiences. 

14 minutes ago, EmptyInside said:

@EmptyInside It is a process. As the ego returns so will the re-experience of ego death. But with each successive ego death there is less ego to "die". 

"I love fucking with my ego"    -Leo 

5 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Have you tried a psychedelic? There is nearly a 100% chance of full ego death. The ego will return,  yet you would get a good look at life without an ego. 

It's how I got my first ego death experiences. 

I don't have access to psychedelic. 

Learn to love and accept your ego. But also learn to see past it. Transcending doesn't mean to remove it. That wouldn't be holistic. 

6 minutes ago, Shadowraix said:

Learn to love and accept your ego. But also learn to see past it. Transcending doesn't mean to remove it. That wouldn't be holistic. 

@Shadowraix Yes. A healthy ego is carefree ego. It just goes about it's business.

3 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

Yes. A healthy ego is carefree ego. It just goes about it's business.

Yea. . . it seems my thinking is only a problem when it's a problem. I don't seem to notice thoughts that aren't problematic. . . 

1 hour ago, theking00 said:

I want to remove it so badly. My ego causes so much suffering. 

But you are not the ego/mind , the ilussion is that you think you are, the one saying ' I want to remove it' is the ego itself, the ego wants to get rid of itself, if you want to "get rid" of the ego, just stop trying to do it !!! Accept the way you are 100% and then eventually you see the illusion

Can you tell which lawn meditates and which doesn't?

plant_city_lawn_weed_control_and_pest_control.jpg

23 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Yea. . . it seems my thinking is only a problem when it's a problem. I don't seem to notice thoughts that aren't problematic. . . 

@Serotoninluv I've noticed this also. There is doing but no awareness of thought's that are doing the doing. Just happening.