Moritz_1996

Meditation retreat

6 posts in this topic

Hi,

I am currently doing my own little 4 day meditation retreat. I am doing 5 sets of 2 hours of meditation and 1h of break in between.

Now at day two I need your help. I have a lot of questions and problems disciplining myself.

My back is hurting a lot and I have to urge to look at the timer to see how much time I still have to meditate.

I am doing the do nothing meditation, because I am doing it in my routine, but I am all the time thinking about how much time is left so that I can lay down to relax my back. 

I really want to know what leo meant in his video about do nothing by saying "your mind slows down". But I really dont get it. I am concerned, because I have diagnosed ADHD and I think that my mind maybe does not slow down. I once asked my docter about practicing concentration and she said it doesnt help.

The pain is going from my back to my head and then i get dizzy and feel like I might vomit if I continue.

I am getting in a little crisis, because I subscribed to a month long consciousness retreat with peter ralston in october.  I thought about a career in this field, but if I am not able to do this for 2 days ....

This is my first time doing a retreat like this. It would be awesome to get some help advice or different perspectives from you!

Greetings from Germany

Moritz

1 minute ago, Moritz_1996 said:

Hi,

I am currently doing my own little 4 day meditation retreat. I am doing 5 sets of 2 hours of meditation and 1h of break in between.

Now at day two I need your help. I have a lot of questions and problems disciplining myself.

My back is hurting a lot and I have to urge to look at the timer to see how much time I still have to meditate.

I am doing the do nothing meditation, because I am doing it in my routine, but I am all the time thinking about how much time is left so that I can lay down to relax my back. 

I really want to know what leo meant in his video about do nothing by saying "your mind slows down". But I really dont get it. I am concerned, because I have diagnosed ADHD and I think that my mind maybe does not slow down. I once asked my docter about practicing concentration and she said it doesnt help.

The pain is going from my back to my head and then i get dizzy and feel like I might vomit if I continue.

I am getting in a little crisis, because I subscribed to a month long consciousness retreat with peter ralston in october.  I thought about a career in this field, but if I am not able to do this for 2 days ....

This is my first time doing a retreat like this. It would be awesome to get some help advice or different perspectives from you!

Greetings from Germany

Moritz

How long have you been meditating for?

5 minutes ago, Moritz_1996 said:

It's okey, Peter will take care of you and support you all the way. It's always much easier with a guidence then alone.

6 minutes ago, Moritz_1996 said:

Use a backrest or a cusion or smth.

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

1 hour ago, Psyche_92 said:

How long have you been meditating for?

I am meditation irregularly for 1 year and almost half a year daily. Currently I did 30 mins every day, but for my Ayahuasca preparation I did 4 weeks of 1 hour every day or so.

52 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

It's okey, Peter will take care of you and support you all the way. It's always much easier with a guidence then alone.

Use a backrest or a cusion or smth.

Thanks a lot!

I have a backrest and cusion :D. I will try sth different to make it more relaxing.

@Moritz_1996 If the position you're in is really giving you unbearable pain, lie down on a bed or just stand up for a while. Experiment and see what works.

A big part of meditation is to suffer purposefully and consciously. The more your mind is distracted and bored (focusing on timer, thoughts all over the place, wondering when you will be done), the better. This is a chance to take the controls on your mind and awareness and bring yourself from discomfort and boredom to peace and positive emotions!

hope this helps

21 minutes ago, Wyatt said:

@Moritz_1996 If the position you're in is really giving you unbearable pain, lie down on a bed or just stand up for a while. Experiment and see what works.

A big part of meditation is to suffer purposefully and consciously. The more your mind is distracted and bored (focusing on timer, thoughts all over the place, wondering when you will be done), the better. This is a chance to take the controls on your mind and awareness and bring yourself from discomfort and boredom to peace and positive emotions!

hope this helps

Thank you! I am going to have my next 2h now. 

You all helped me to accept my situation a little bit better :-) 
I am going into this with more trust.

Thank you all