Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cody_Atzori

Why am I not the brain?

76 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, now is forever said:

i sometimes wonder if birds speak to trees, and if trees speak to birds. as both seem to murmur.

1 minute ago, mandyjw said:

But seeing them so relaxed high in the sky riding the air currents is when they are the most beautiful. 

Yes indeed. I think it's *high* time I shut of Mr. neuroscience and go out to appreciate the natural beauty of the birds. . .  :x

2 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

But seeing them so relaxed high in the sky riding the air currents is when they are the most beautiful. 

yeah and they taste so good, don’t they?

@David Hammond I'm in agreeance, i'm only debating theoretically 

i lost the "i" thought only today,  so all this peace etc is new to me, but at the same time its not because its been there for eternity 

@David Hammond those are some amazing words thank you for sharing 

I used to theorize about it, but once the "i" vanished, i could no longer do that, 

i do not know what it is that i am and i have no clue how to figure out what the hell consciousness is 

all i know is, i can only be conscious as it, 

but it does make me wonder if all theorize are in vain because theoretically leo's concepts are sound

but ultimately they are not it, when you add infinite variables they become absolute 

but when you see awareness for what it is, theories are only theories 

are you familiar with leo's work, what do you think of it?

@David Hammond since its how i reached where i am today, i don't know see what its like from a person who has got to the same place, but has by someone elses teachings, 

what makes you say they are growing the ego, 

i am genuinely curious? 

1 minute ago, David Hammond said:

Leos ideas fly in the face of ordinary mundane life. He's a master of.grandiose ego deception with his levels of consciousness expansion and moving up the spiral.. It's the opposite of enlightenment..enlightenment is being happy being the regular joe that you are and knowing there is absolutely nothing wrong with it.

If you hang out with real Buddhists you get a very different vibe to the one on here. This is an idealists paradise..

yes. it is for a time when there is no path... isn’t it idealistic to sit in paradise, too?

@David Hammond interesting where i don't disagree with you is that it does tend to be an idealist kinda atmosphere in the sense that if i learn this, then this would happen or if i live my life like this, then this would happen. in that sense it could be deem idealistic, rather than accepting the current moment for what it is. 

but these ideas are popular because no body teaches them, they are a way of understanding the world ,which is why i say that they are important because they display absolute values, literally. which could help people get over their emotional/ spiritual issues. How could you deem them as egoish, if they are absolute in a way. 

10 hours ago, Cody_Atzori said:

I’m a newbie to enlightenment and meditation and over the past few days Iv’e been using the Neti Neti. And now Iv’e associated myself with this constant awareness. However, isn’t awareness caused by brain, which means that I’m the brain, right?

I feel that my biggest obstacle is my constant association with the brain. I mean everytime I self-inquire, I associate the brain as a thought or feeling but the fact that I have a brain and it feels like it’s the only constant Iv’e had from birth and if my brain is destroyed then I die. My brain controls my body, my brain experiences life, my brain is the centre of all experience, my brain is me, right? I’m so confused and I need help! 

On a similar note, wouldn’t my body be apart of me not a separate experience from me. In other words, my legs are apart of me because I can control them.

How do you know "thoughts" appear from the brain?

This is what science tells us. Science has been wrong in the past and they just "change it" to suit new discoveries.

If you look at the cells in the body, they look the same when zoomed in as the brain does; just like they look extremely similar to atoms in the Universe. Therefore what makes you think thoughts come from or get interpreted by the brain?

According to some buddhist "religions" they come from the spiritual heart, which is on the right in the chest. Mine is on the left. At a point of spiritual advancement, a channel will lead to this spiritual heart...amrita nadi. This is supposedly where thoughts come from. But does it really matter?

When you do something and you feel pleasure does it really matter how this pleasure occurs? Or should you, as an individual but linked form of consciousness, not just enjoy this pleasure fully?

1 hour ago, David Hammond said:

Leos ideas fly in the face of ordinary mundane life. He's a master of.grandiose ego deception with his levels of consciousness expansion and moving up the spiral.. It's the opposite of enlightenment..enlightenment is being happy being the regular joe that you are and knowing there is absolutely nothing wrong with it.

If you hang out with real Buddhists you get a very different vibe to the one on here. This is an idealists paradise..

I hungout with real buddhists for some time. They kept telling me that my experiences, my siddhis, my intuition and my methods (selfenquiry) were all either moot or pointless...because I was not in my 60's or 70's like they were.

1 hour ago, now is forever said:

yeah and they taste so good, don’t they?

Hmm, chicken does but I've never tried hawk or eagle. Am I missing out? xD

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

18 hours ago, Jkris said:

Dear scientist please prove that brain creates awareness and get noble prize immediately ???

Dear spiritualist, please prove that nothingness (or however you wanna call it) creates awareness and get noble prize immediately :)

@Gabriel Antonio Awareness - no-thingness -Intelligence-Absolute-Infinity all denotes the same.It is not created ??? it's job of the scientist to prove that brain creates awareness.???

1 hour ago, Jkris said:

Awareness - no-thingness -Intelligence-Absolute-Infinity all denotes the same.It is not created ??? it's job of the scientist to prove that brain creates awareness.???

Omg, you’re so funny and wise... ?‍♂️ 

What you’re saying is just repackaged religion. Instead of God, you use the word Absolute Infinity. 

To answer you, first of all, we have to define what awareness is. ;)

Edited by Gabriel Antonio

3 hours ago, Gabriel Antonio said:

Dear spiritualist, please prove that nothingness (or however you wanna call it) creates awareness and get noble prize immediately :)

You are right, because neither side can't ever prove it, so it will be an eternal debate about it, the best thing is to respect everyone's opinion and whoever wants to know the truth will have to find for themselves