lmfao

How does trauma work?

10 posts in this topic

Is there some complex mechanics to it worth understanding? From my perspective, regardless of the situation in regards to whether or not you know what your trauma is, being mindful and surrendering to your emotions its the solution. 

The main thing I wonder is, should people go out of their way to try and dig into what their trauma is? How would you go about digging? Obviously there might be some trauma you're quite conscious of. But I wonder, is there such a thing as hidden trauma that you've completely forgotten about? 

As I understand it, trauma may or may not be similar in its expression to PTSD. I know that PTSD forms of trauma cause you to be anxious. And our definition for what the traumatising "event" is can be quite broad, such as a set of life experiences spread throughout a period of a few years.So with all trauma, something unexpectedly negative happens to you and since your brain does not want to consciously explore your feelings and thoughts, your brain adopts a bunch of neurotic circuits out of a primal low consciousness fear? 

So is all negativity and neuroses caused by trauma? Is this all shadow work is about? Trauma, Karma, neuroses, body memory, the shadow, all these terms seem to basically mean the same thing. Ofc we're using a very broad definition of trauma. I suppose the real reason I made this thread was to see if there was a get rich quick scheme to finding trauma. 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

20 minutes ago, lmfao said:

to see if there was a get rich quick scheme to finding trauma.

Always try the direct route first. Sit down and simply ask yourself, "What is my trauma?"

If your intention is genuine and honest, and you are open, your mind should supply you the answers.

If that fails, do it while on a psychedelic and you will almost surely receive your answers. Just be careful what you wish for.

The whole problem with heavily traumatic people is that they are not genuine, honest, or open. They have no intention of facing their trauma. They don't want know the truth because it is too painful. They actively avoid talking or thinking about it. So in such cases therapy or psychedelics are very useful. But even so, if there is no intention at all to honestly introspect, nothing will help. The person has to want to grow.

Your mind usually gives you what you ask of it. Most people don't ask much so they don't get much.

All the answers to your life challenges lie within you. But you must dig them out.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Thanks for the tip. I can tell about at least a few trauma I have.

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

@Leo Gura - what about if your trauma was before you able to make a mental script of what happened? So before aged 5 - 6  years old?

So you mind cant deliver it you because there was no narrative whatsoever. And probably no memories. 

However, you know they are there because they've come into your awareness through therapy and meditation. But you cant 'dig them out' They are trapped and blocked and your awareness, knows it. Feelings like being wrapped in cling flim. Or carrying a volcano around in your body that never erupts.

Is it just a case of accepting that feeling? Accepting that you can never truly let go? Or understand?

Thank you.. 

Energy blocks in your body

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

@Seed There are ways to dig it out. For example, shamanic breathing can heal traumas received at the moment of birth, or even before you were born!

I bet psychedelics could dredge it up too.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Sometimes when I meditate it gets so close... I can feel it physically. It's quite amazing. But it just wont burst. It won't release. Nothing. It's almost like it's hovering there in order tease me. A big cosmic tease created only by myself - of course! Cause I am GOD! 

And then the cling film is when I get emotional. I can feel all this emotion pressing against the cling film inside me.

I use that analogy because that's what came out when my therapist asked me to describe it and she loved it. So now i keep using and cant look at cling film in the same way now..  xD

I will look into this Shamanic breathwork. And ive had psychedelics before but this was before I had awareness of this suppression (?) even existing within me. It's therapy that's brought it into light. But it cant penetrate it. And now I know it's there, it wont go back.

I would like to recommend "Healing the Fragmented Selves of Trauma Survivors" by Janina Fisher. It is packed with cutting-edge research and it proposes that it is not necessary to investigate and remember trauma in complete detail in order to heal, as this form of re-experiencing can actually serve to re-traumatize the person. It is better to kindly acknowledge what happened to you in a sort of "detached" way and do your best to stay grounded in the present through for example mindfulness. Kinda feeling what happened and then staying present and grounded at the same time. It's been a while since I read it, but the book goes into more detail if you'd like to know more.

Edited by Commodent

I am myself, heaven and hell.