Harikrishnan

Any youtube vlogger's here

21 posts in this topic

So how do u make content? Like if u post weekly how is ur working like, how many hours u plan the subject, how many hours research, do u write the script and talk 95% exactly like script. 

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

No youtube content makers here ?

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

Because the theme of my videos is spirituality, I do mine intuitively, lately completely spontaneously, but I'm going to be adding videos that will require more planning. Before when I planned all my videos I would wait to be inspired about a topic and then write out the main points. I would go over them really well before I started filming adding in anything that came to me, then I used my outline as a basic guide but tried to explore them more in depth while I was filming them. Things always came to me that I hadn't thought of. Try to post every week on the same day but when you're inspired to make extra videos go ahead. Creativity comes out of the space that can't be planned or forced so you have to try to balance it with the more practical work aspects of making a good video. Good luck! it's a really transformational thing because a lot of times you'll realize you don't believe the words that are leaving your mouth even though you used to believe them. Work on authenticity first then worry about the other things later. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

4 hours ago, mandyjw said:

Because the theme of my videos is spirituality, I do mine intuitively, lately completely spontaneously, but I'm going to be adding videos that will require more planning. Before when I planned all my videos I would wait to be inspired about a topic and then write out the main points. I would go over them really well before I started filming adding in anything that came to me, then I used my outline as a basic guide but tried to explore them more in depth while I was filming them. Things always came to me that I hadn't thought of. Try to post every week on the same day but when you're inspired to make extra videos go ahead. Creativity comes out of the space that can't be planned or forced so you have to try to balance it with the more practical work aspects of making a good video. Good luck! it's a really transformational thing because a lot of times you'll realize you don't believe the words that are leaving your mouth even though you used to believe them. Work on authenticity first then worry about the other things later. 

Thank u this was good, i will remember this while making video.

No.

I should, and have given it some thought, but who wants to look at some fat white male in todays world when white males are shamed and told we should kill ourselves?

I am however in the midst of dropping almost 1/3 of my bodyweight, before / after pics, then writing a book about how I leverage spirtual / nondual knowledge/experience to lose weight easily.

Then I might start the blog, do a udemy course, basically leverage viewers into income. Or just do it for free if my current business matures in the meantime. Life is too short to be obese and miserable, I want everyone else to feel the same.

I also have a few transmission videos where I transmit my state... it works, but...my state changes / advances constantly and it doesn't feel genuine for someone to watch old videos.

Edited by thesmileyone

On 4/9/2019 at 1:12 PM, Harikrishnan said:

So how do u make content? Like if u post weekly how is ur working like, how many hours u plan the subject, how many hours research, do u write the script and talk 95% exactly like script. 

I'm a YouTuber.

Ideally, I post once a week on the same day. The best days to do this is one weekends... especially Saturday and Sunday. I try to aim for a video every Saturday... but I'm failing at this now since it's been a couple of months since I've made a video. At any rate, do as I say, not as I do.

It takes me about 1 hour to write the script. It takes about 1 to 2 hours to set up my camera/sound/lighting set up and do my make-up and hair. It takes me 1 and a half hours to film it and get a headshot for the thumbnail. Then it takes me 2 or 3 hours to edit and about half an hour to render. Then it takes about 2 or 3 hours to upload. While it's uploading, I make my thumbnail image which takes usually less than an hour. I also use this time to tag and title the video as well as to write a key word rich description. 

So, from beginning to the end of the posting and publishing phase, it's roughly 7.5 to 10.5 hours of dynamic work time. 

Then, I also spend a couple hours on the front end of posting my video to tweak it and get it closer to the top of the search rankings and optimize it in that way. I also share it out over all of my social media and to my email list.

Research-wise, I mostly write intuitively about my own insights. But every now and again, I'll have to look up some information if I'm sharing something that someone else said... which I always give credit for. But most of the video is intuitively derived, so I don't do much research.

Also, I never follow a script word for word. I have an outline where I have everything that I want to mention, then I try to convey it as conversationally as possible. I still have quite a few cuts in my videos though.

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

3 minutes ago, Emerald said:

So, from beginning to the end of the posting and publishing phase, it's roughly 7.5 to 10.5 hours of dynamic work time. 

I've been thinking of starting a channel, yet I don't want to put much production time into it. I don't need it as a source of income, yet it would be nice to reach out and have a decent audience size.

It seems like the majority of your production time is to make the video professional. How important is it for vloggers in the spirituality niche to create videos that look and feel professional? What if a vlogger had quality spiritual content yet just spent about an 30 minutes to make themself and the video look decent? How much would you say this would reduce the viewership? And do you think it is equal between men and women - do you think in general women need to bump up the professional feel a bit more than men do?

Also, do you think it is important to post consistently - for example, every Saturday morning?

3 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

I've been thinking of starting a channel, yet I don't want to put much production time into it. I don't need it as a source of income, yet it would be nice to reach out and have a decent audience size.

It seems like the majority of your production time is to make the video professional. How important is it for vloggers in the spirituality niche to create videos that look and feel professional? What if a vlogger had quality spiritual content yet just spent about an 30 minutes to make themself and the video look decent? How much would you say this would reduce the viewership? And do you think it is equal between men and women - do you think in general women need to bump up the professional feel a bit more than men do?

Also, do you think it is important to post consistently - for example, every Saturday morning?

- Generally, the better quality videos and the more consistent branding you have, will have a strong impact on your ability to keep people's attention. Everyone has to set themselves apart and professionalism and unique branding play a role in that... That and the quality of the content you provide.

- 30 minutes, I would guess, probably won't quite do it. Your best bet as a time saver is what Leo does. He doesn't edit his videos, but just records them straight through. I can't do this, as I need cuts. But if you can record straight through easily, this will save you a few hours you would have spent on editing. He probably also has a studio set up in his home that he keeps consistent. I film in my bedroom, so I have to move the mattress and box out into the hallway. Then, I have lights and camera to set up, and to make sure my green screen is stretched. Chances are Leo just has to sit and record. Also, his make up routine is bound to be a lot shorter... if he has one. 

- But I don't think men and women differ in this way. People appreciate high quality images and unique branding. There are people like Ralph Smart and Aaron Dougherty that have very simple set-ups who do a video every day. But there branding is on point and they really set themselves aside from other people. 

- Also, you have to consider social media marketing and search engine optimization or no one will ever find your videos... unless you get extremely lucky.

- Also, posting consistently is highly recommended. But there are people who don't post very regularly that still have a successful channel. But it's a best practice that you're a lot more likely to be successful if you do it. j

Basically, my advice is to not skimp on branding or professionality because I've seen TONS of beginning YouTubers that have hundreds of videos and only have like 100 subscribers. And quality and branding is severely lacking in those channels. There is nothing setting them aside as a personality. And the quality of the video recording and thumbnail make people a lot less likely to engage with their work. And channel art goes a long way too.

So, my recommendation is not to skimp on any of this because it will absolutely affect your ability to attract the audience you want. 

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

@Emerald Thank you for your comments. Unfortunately, branding, production and professionalism are not skills I have - and I don't like it at all. I'd be more likely to just do a live stream, post up the recorded video and hope to attract people by word of mouth. Yet it sounds like that would be unlikely and I'd be more likely to have a few dozen subscribers. 

You mentioned that there are a ton of Youtubers with low branding, production and professionalism with only about 100 subscribers. Do you think that the "quality" of those subscribers may be higher? If I only had a few dozen subscribers, yet they were really into it and I was contributing to their lives in meaningful ways - I think I'd be cool with that. Like if they wrote questions and called in during live streams. Kinda like a small, intimate audience.

43 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

@Emerald Thank you for your comments. Unfortunately, branding, production and professionalism are not skills I have - and I don't like it at all. I'd be more likely to just do a live stream, post up the recorded video and hope to attract people by word of mouth. Yet it sounds like that would be unlikely and I'd be more likely to have a few dozen subscribers. 

You mentioned that there are a ton of Youtubers with low branding, production and professionalism with only about 100 subscribers. Do you think that the "quality" of those subscribers may be higher? If I only had a few dozen subscribers, yet they were really into it and I was contributing to their lives in meaningful ways - I think I'd be cool with that. Like if they wrote questions and called in during live streams. Kinda like a small, intimate audience.

you could try it with hand puppets...

or have a really good lighting a really good camera and a good background and i suppose you will have enough subscribers. for everything goes: if you transport authentic original value, you will also have valuable subscribers. not that i would do vlogging but that would be the minimum i would set up if i’d do. and the value thing is universal.

Edited by now is forever

18 minutes ago, now is forever said:

you could try it with hand puppets...

I don't think I know what this means in the digital world. . . Are you literally saying to discuss nonduality with hand puppets? Or does the phrase "hand puppet" mean something in online terms?

Although nondual performances with hand puppets kinda sounds cool to me. . . 

@Serotoninluv The most important thing besides content & marketing is audio quality. Make sure to get a good high quality mic and learn the correct way to use compressor, eq etc. Everything else is a plus but people will be very forgiving about it. ( example: pewdiepie)

11 hours ago, Emerald said:

I'm a YouTuber.

Yeah I know ?. I followed you from begining, your chakras video made me stick with your channel. There is great content, but lately you are not posting regularly and that is only drawback see in your channel. 

@Serotoninluv i think u should start a channel. Try with short videos. People click on short videos more than long videos. And short videos can save production time. Its ok for first 3, 4 videos to be little quality down (with camera,lighting and all) but content quality should be good, and it also gives u info about wether or not to continue with vlogging. 

12 hours ago, Emerald said:

It takes me about 1 hour to write the script. It takes about 1 to 2 hours to set up my camera/sound/lighting set up and do my make-up and hair. It takes me 1 and a half hours to film it and get a headshot for the thumbnail. Then it takes me 2 or 3 hours to edit and about half an hour to render. Then it takes about 2 or 3 hours to upload. While it's uploading, I make my thumbnail image which takes usually less than an hour. I also use this time to tag and title the video as well as to write a key word rich description. 

Wow I never realised so much work goes into vlogging! That's a lot of time spent on one video

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

11 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

I don't think I know what this means in the digital world. . . Are you literally saying to discuss nonduality with hand puppets? Or does the phrase "hand puppet" mean something in online terms?

YES!!! Do it! Do it! Do it! Please? :)

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

4 hours ago, Harikrishnan said:

Yeah I know ?. I followed you from begining, your chakras video made me stick with your channel. There is great content, but lately you are not posting regularly and that is only drawback see in your channel. 

That's true. I'm recording one today though. I'm trying to get back on the horse. :)

Emotionalmastery.org

4 hours ago, Michael569 said:

Wow I never realised so much work goes into vlogging! That's a lot of time spent on one video

Yeah. It's quite a bit. 

Now, for some people (like Ralph Smart for example), his video production time probably doesn't take that long because he's good at freestyling and he just films videos straight through on location with natural lighting.

So, his production time is probably just recording, color correction, and uploading. So, he can probably churn out three or four videos in the time it takes me to make one.

But it is quite time consuming, for sure.

Emotionalmastery.org

15 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

I wouldn't worry too much about not having skills in branding, as there are some basic things you can do. For one, get a logo for your brand. Another thing you can do is to choose a color scheme for your channel art. If you have these things in place, a lot of people will feel more invited to check out your videos as opposed to pass them over. You just have to be unique and have a relatively consistent aesthetic to you thumbnails and your banner art. 

Then, you just have to get a camera that records nice images and set up a background that looks purposeful. And get an external sound recorder of some sort so that the audio is good quality... audio is really the most important quality thing.

But you're highly unlikely to attract people through word of mouth on YouTube. The thing to do is to try to rank in the search results by optimizing for titles, tags, and description... and to have a nice eye-catching thumbnail and to give a lot of value in your video as well.

It sounds like a lot to do, and it does take a while. But basic branding just requires some front-end work on your channel banner and thumbnails, and it will make all the difference.

But as someone who's grown up from 0 subs to nearly 23k, the quality of the subscribers hasn't changed much in that transition. In fact, I get a lot more respect now that I have a larger audience. When you're small, the trolls like to come and discourage and the troll-splain things to you about how you're doing it wrong. But I have had some people who've been with me since the very beginning.

Once you get to about 1k, things start to change a bit and you're looked at as more of an influence. And that's when I started getting a regular crew of about 10 people or so that would watch all my videos and comment on them. And most of them are still with me.

Emotionalmastery.org

15 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

no i really meant you could let a hand puppet speak or two converse with each other - you would not have to think about the setting too much then. could have a box and wouldn’t need to care for outfit or cosmetics etc. 

make it a really authentic unique hand puppet. would be more like a theatre then - so the script would need to be different.

Edited by now is forever