Anirban657

How to come up with a million dollar idea for business?

10 posts in this topic

I want to start a million dollar business. But I feel like I don't know any ideas to start with.

My field of interest is life coaching and personal development. Something like a seminar business. But I don't know any ideas on how to make my brand unique. 

I have a small self-hosted blog but it is not doing well. I am publishing average content and although I know the marketing tactics and knowledge, I am a bit held back. 

I am also in college now and I am planning from now to start the business after college after 3 years.

I really want to make an impact on people's lives and help them live more consciously. 

And in my country I think there are many opportunities in personal development but I don't know those opportunities yet. 

I want to think big and execute and make a mark in the world.

What can I do to so that I can brainstorm really high quality ideas that will help me take the business to a million dollar or more?

"Becoming 'awake' involves seeing our own confusion more clearly"-Rumi

The next time you are in the shower and an amazing idea comes to you. Instead of thinking it through, fucking do it.

You might fail, so you just keep doing this.

Eventually one of the ideas will make you your million. Why stop there?

Following on from a topic in Meditation subforum, all your thoughts aren't private anyway. No one owns an idea, and that idea wasn't thought up by them. Ergo there is no difference between you and Elon Musk or Bill Gates if you assume both of them came up with their own ideas...

16 hours ago, Anirban657 said:

What can I do to so that I can brainstorm really high quality ideas that will help me take the business to a million dollar or more?

What happens when you sit down for 1 hour and try to brainstorm?

6 hours ago, Shiva said:

The best way to succeed in business is to be in business.

People rarely come up with a million dollar idea on which they take action and be rich forever.

Successful businesspeople just start with something. They start a business, they fail, they start another business, they get a little bit of success, they start another business, and eventually they might succeed. 

Every relatively successful entrepreneur I know personally has started more than one business.

So, just start. Even if the idea isn't perfect, you probably won't sick to your first idea anyways. Just start, learn and evolve.

Ok maybe I can start with an idea I can come up with and start a business around it.

5 hours ago, John Lula said:

@Anirban657 Solve a problem a million people have but don't know that they have.

Wow that's great way to approach this problem. Thanks!

5 hours ago, thesmileyone said:

The next time you are in the shower and an amazing idea comes to you. Instead of thinking it through, fucking do it.

You might fail, so you just keep doing this.

Eventually one of the ideas will make you your million. Why stop there?

Following on from a topic in Meditation subforum, all your thoughts aren't private anyway. No one owns an idea, and that idea wasn't thought up by them. Ergo there is no difference between you and Elon Musk or Bill Gates if you assume both of them came up with their own ideas...

Ok that's a wonderful way to think. Thanks!

26 minutes ago, universe said:

What happens when you sit down for 1 hour and try to brainstorm?

@universe My mind comes up with all the ideas of businesses that already exists. And I don't know much about what people need in personal development.

You dont have to reinvent the wheel here. Doing something thats proven to work and putting your own spin on it can be a great way to go about this.

For 1 million it seems like you are going for something big, that is scaleable. Simple 1v1 coaching might not cut it. Still its a good way to gather information on what people need.

Go to a personal development group and ask people what they need. Ask yourself what did you need in order to self develop? You can simply start by asking people on this forum.

You need to immerse yourself more in the field and do a lot more research. As you do lots of research you will naturally start having new ideas, you will start seeing unfilled opportunities. It's very hard tobsee these opportunities without immersing yourself and lots of diverse source material.

The secret to creativity is lots of diverse source material.

You say you want to run seminars, but how many seminars have you attended yourself? If you attend 20 seminars I can guarantee you will have some good ideas about how to create some new kind of seminar.

The reason you are stuck is because you lack relevant experience. So go get more experience.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 12/04/2019 at 7:38 AM, Leo Gura said:

You need to immerse yourself more in the field and do a lot more research. As you do lots of research you will naturally start having new ideas, you will start seeing unfilled opportunities. It's very hard tobsee these opportunities without immersing yourself and lots of diverse source material.

The secret to creativity is lots of diverse source material.

You say you want to run seminars, but how many seminars have you attended yourself? If you attend 20 seminars I can guarantee you will have some good ideas about how to create some new kind of seminar.

The reason you are stuck is because you lack relevant experience. So go get more experience.

@Leo Gura I registered for a seminar for tomorrow. I am very sceptical about this law of attraction seminar. In my country(India) there is not much open high quality personal development seminars like deep personal development work. And those that are there are expensive. 

@Leo Gura have you ever pitched at a major networking event? Did it work? It takes lots of planning and patience to reach that place in one's life. Of course, it could look like this: entrepreneurship + LP. It might even be better if it looked like that because it covers the bottom/foundation of Maslow's and the viewers will be better able to recognize what it is. For some, it is a major step in the journey, so they could cover their basic needs, financial needs, and retire young without worrying for the rest of their lives. Then they could move onto the profound stuff.

Start looking for business "frameworks". What are the common threads that unite the great businesses of our time? Once you have a few frameworks you can start coming up with new ideas using them. They're like idea machines. They will enable you to come up with literally dozens of ideas in a single sitting. I've identified probably 3 or 4 at this point. I'm then twisting them to come up with a business that is unique and meaningful to me.