Pouya

Can one put attention on absolute nothing?

32 posts in this topic

I mean, I imagine nothing but its something in the imagination.

Maybe the only way to imagine nothing is to not imagine it?

Then how can one put attention on nothing which is unimaginable?

No mind?

Doesn't focus and attention come from the mind?

Nothingness is prior to mind, space, or anything else.

The answer is "sorta." Attention is put on it through the self-inquiry process. Your mind must become very still and your concentration laser focused.

Do not confuse this with putting your attention on some idea or concept of nothingness. I am talking about ACTUAL nothingness, not any idea you have. An idea you have of it, is not it, and it will prevent you from accessing it. So be careful. DO NOT TRY TO IMAGINE NOTHINGNESS. That is a giant waste of time. It will not work and you will not even be close.

Or a psychedelic can take you there easily.

It's best not to think of it as "putting my attention of nothingness" but rather, nothingness is what you ARE. You are it. It is your truest nature. So rather than looking for nothingness, look for what you are, your truest nature. When I say "you" I am talking to that nothingness you are.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

That's interesting 

Edited by Cortex
Cortex

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_P-szUcfbMc&feature=youtu.be

Hey @Leo Gura what do you think abt this video? Ruper spira says that attention only serves as directing consciousness away from consciousness towards an object (breath, thoughts for example), in order for consciousness to be aware of consciousness attention has to stop, and that meditation techniques that require the focus of attention only serve to calm the mind and are only preliminary exercises. 

Doesnt this contradict what you said in your self inquiry video that one has to concentrate on pure nothingness? 

Edited by Pernani

Imagination of nothingness is happening in nothingness itself :)

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

3 minutes ago, tecladocasio said:

@Pernani You can't concentrate on pure nothingness , that's the confusing point .

Cause you can only concentrate on something separate than yourself, like you can't "see" awareness, you can only be it when attention stops lashing out onto form, and then through that you spontaneously become aware of awareness and realize its nature, correct?

@Pouya you cant put your attention on nothingness, the reason being is because the awareness itself is coming from the thing that is you which exist, the nothingness you are trying to find is the seeker 

@Pernani I think Pure Nothingness is not even awareness . Pure Nothingness is not even pure nothingness , that's the mind interpretation . And it is a relative term .

Edited by tecladocasio

2 minutes ago, tecladocasio said:

@Pernani I think Pure Nothingness is not even awareness . Pure Nothingness is not even pure nothingness , that's the mind interpretation . And it is an relative term .

have you been aware of pure nothigness before ? what makes you think there's a distinction between the two?

@tecladocasio you have the wrong impression of pure nothingness because you don't understand the term 

it does not mean absent of something 

it means no-thing 

aka its not an object to which there can be a subject viewing it 

or in other words it can't be the seeker who finds it 

that is because the seeker is the one who is seeking 

aka 

the no-thing ness is trying to find no-thing ness itself 

wrapping your head arround this is the mind fuck

11 minutes ago, Aakash said:

@tecladocasio you have the wrong impression of pure nothingness because you don't understand the term 

it means no-thing 

aka its not an object to which there can be a subject viewing it 

or in other words it can't be the seeker who finds it 

that is because the seeker is the one who is seeking 

aka 

the no-thing ness is trying to find no-thing ness itself 

wrapping your head arround this is the mind fuck

it is not a thing and it is also what's left at the absence of things aka form, correct?

correct theoretically, the thing about form is, the form and formless are identical they are not seperate distinctions at the final duality collapse and therefore the thing you are searching for is a formless-form which is "the very existance of self" itself 

The best I can contextualize is:

Nothing. Then a "something" appears. There is awareness of that something. Yet prior to that first something, there was nothing to be aware of. Awareness and something arose together. It feels weird to me to say there was "awareness" prior to the first something. It really seemed like awareness appeared with the first something.

To me, attention would come after the first something. How can there be attention to a first something? There is nothing else to pay attention to. With the appearance of the second "something", there is awareness of both. I suppose now one could say there is attention - toward the first something or the second something that is present. It still feels weird to say that tho, because there was no "observer" present - that came in much later. As well, there was no "chooser" deciding to pay attention to the first something or the second something.

28 minutes ago, Aakash said:

it means no-thing 

@Aakash  That's precisely what I meant by ''Pure Nothingness is not even pure nothingness'' .

@tecladocasio well i know the true self, but only recently , not sure how to live life at the moment, just going with the flow really and doing my best

so if that constitutes as yes, then yeah i guess there is one who is enlightened 

but the fact you think you are enlightened is only a thought

still i did fist pump all day today in happiness :') 

Edited by Aakash

@Pouya One can identify with every experience of what they think they are in a dualistic conciousness until they just becomes non-dual conciousness.

You can't take mind conciousness and make it aware of God conciousness through mind consciousness. God conciousness must be realised or fallen into as a state where the mind identified conciousness and every other self identified conciousness is removed via striping.

Note: anything that you think you are whilst in a non-dualistic conciousness isn't you because you can only be God in a non-dual state if that's your true existential nature.

Edited by Anton_Pierre