Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Aakash

How is the one who is aware of thoughts,sensations an illusion

34 posts in this topic

i have had extended periods of being able to be the one who is aware of thoughts, sensations, identifications as a self, anything to do with being human

but this itself still feels like an identification in my direct experience

is it still a subtle form of identification ?

and 

how can i get pass this identification?

Only thing you know is that you exist right, so why don't you work your mind around it. 

@purerogue I know I exist. But that is due to the experience of the body, mind, thoughts, emotions, feelings. And the Me feeling or the sense of seperatedness or the Identity. In sleep I dont know anything whether I exist or not. 

So one can be aware of self in nothingness alone. Not anyother way. 

Just now, Jkris said:

@purerogue I know I exist. But that is due to the experience of the body, mind, thoughts, emotions, feelings. And the Me feeling or the sense of seperatedness or the Identity. In sleep I dont know anything whether I exist or not. 

So one can be aware of self in nothingness alone. Not anyother way. 

You always know that you exist, you might have no memory of dream though. 

@Aakash one who is aware of thoughts sensations is the witness or self that is not an illusion. This is what my theoretical understanding or borrowed knowledge. 

But have you entered the nothingness? 

@purerogue I don't know that I exist during deep sleep. Not getting what you are saying ? 

@purerogue There is only silence, the "i" thought arises from silence and goes back to silence 

@Jkris i'm not sure because if i say "am i the one who entered" its wrong, if i say any words, they aren't that, because nothingness is before words, so i can't answer your question in a way. 

basically any answer i give you, is not it. 

21 minutes ago, Jkris said:

@purerogue I don't know that I exist during deep sleep. Not getting what you are saying ? 

Well you do, problem is that you forget, you can forget your dream in few seconds after waking up , just puff you remember what you were dreaming of and next moment you forget it, just because you do not remember does not mean that you were not conscious of it at that time. 

Edited by purerogue

@Aakash Nothingness is the absence of body experience. Absence of thoughts. Absence of sense of seperatedness. Its an experience of the formlessness intutively. So it is awareness knowing itself. Thats you. That is Self Realisation beyond doubts.  

This again is my borrowed knowledge of what SR is. 

"

What exists in truth is the Self alone. The world, the individual soul, and God are appearances in it like silver in mother-of-pearl. These three appear at the same time, and disappear at the same time. The Self is that where there is absolutely no “I” thought. That is called “Silence”. The Self itself is the world; the Self itself is “I”; the Self itself is God; all is Siva, the Self.

He who gives himself up to the Self that is God is the most excellent devotee. Giving one self up to God, means constantly remembering the Self. Whatever burdens are thrown on God, He bears them all. Since the supreme power of God makes all things move, why should we, without submitting ourselves to it, constantly worry ourselves with thoughts as to what should be done and how, and what should not be done and how not? We know that the train carries all loads, so after getting on it why should we carry our small luggage on our head to our discomfort, instead of putting it down in the train and feeling at ease?"

@Jkris @Aakash Your sense of seperatedness or i feeling or me feeling will vanish in enlightenment. There will be no sense of I or me. That is enlightement. So if you have sense of me or I feeling that has to go. 

This again my borrowed knowledge. 

14 minutes ago, Aakash said:

@purerogue There is only silence, the "i" thought arises from silence and goes back to silence 

Can you put your awareness on existence itself? 

May be one day I will get it what you say ???

Which part you did not understand and which belief makes you think otherwise? 

Edited by purerogue

@purerogue Yes in other words i can detach from anything in existance, that is how i reached this point, 

its the same as putting awarenesss on existance itself.

Just now, Aakash said:

@purerogue Yes in other words i can detach from anything in existance, that is how i reached this point, 

its the same as putting awarenesss on existance itself.

ofc, you can attach to everything too and think that you are it.

If you will connect with existence correctly, there will be no I , so maybe it is just matter of time till you are able to get deep enough. 

@purerogue actually i couldn't until now, i couldn't put my awareness on awareness of the world itself until now, 

6 minutes ago, Aakash said:

@purerogue actually i couldn't until now, i couldn't put my awareness on awareness of the world itself until now, 

Do you realize how close you were all this time?! :D 

But as @winterknight said, it is not all, at least  you know where to start from. 

Edited by purerogue

@Aakash i think you are too identified with this idea of identification :)

give up already. you're falling for a mind game.

unborn Truth

8 minutes ago, ajasatya said:

@Aakash i think you are too identified with this idea of identification :)

give up already. you're falling for a mind game.

Give him some slack, he  probably can't hold to it and is excited for getting over one barrier he had problem with for weeks , or months.   

Edited by purerogue