Patrick Lynam

empath

70 posts in this topic

@Flatworld Crusades Yes, that’s what I was thinking in regards to asking outright. It would sound weird to most people.

What about things like body mannerisms and their energy itself? Sometimes it seems like the other person is inviting me in - yet if I ask at a conscious level, it would sound weird. 

On occasion, I can pickup virtually anyone’s energy - like in a restaurant. Ot can be overwhelming. Yet generally it’s only about 10% of people and it seems to have a lot to do with with their receptivity. I can briefly gaze at someone in the eyes and open up a channel and they usually won’t take it - and they have no idea what just happened. Other times it’s more like an essence that I can’t localize to any body parts - it’s just kinda out there. 

When you say to protect your energy, are you referring to so-called “energy vampires”? Do you think they are consciously aware they are taking and distorting energy?

One other question: I’m much more familiar with empathic energy than auras. I’ve thought of auras as something very different - like seeing colors radiating off people (which I don’t see). Yet you seem to be using energy and aura very similarly.  Do you think these are two distinct phenomena and abilities? Or are they related and overlap?

Intuitively you will know what's happening with someone's energy, and if you think you have an invitation & you've added an intent on your energy to say only go where your invited I see no issue. I guess my question back is what's the incentive to jump in on someone?

Next I'd say how far do you want to develop this distance skill? In a restaurant do you really want to be accessing so many energetic individuals? Or are your there to eat dinner? You see how easy it is for the Empath in you to take an anti social route.. 

When I say protect your energy, I mean against anyone  Energy Vampires are definitely on top of the list, however as you'd know most people have some seriously compromised energy and you just want away from yourself. I think energy vampires are no where near as clever as they make out  and if you have good protection protocols you should well protected  Energy Vampires use behaviours to leach energy of people and try to push you into a weak & vulnerable situation with them   I have no doubt that you'd be able to call that on site.

Energy & Auras.  My beliefs are that auras are made of energy and as such are vulnerable to the same things that our general energy is  therefore from an energy work perspective they get the same treatment. In my practise I have protection & security  specifically on my aura to repel negative things  I think it matters little if you include the aura as energetically it is included  

19 minutes ago, Flatworld Crusades said:

I guess my question back is what's the incentive to jump in on someone?

Next I'd say how far do you want to develop this distance skill? In a restaurant do you really want to be accessing so many energetic individuals? Or are your there to eat dinner? 

Most of my adult life was an an untrained empath that got tossed around by other people.  Most of my life was spent with energy vampires, BPD, and narcissist. It was only a year ago I became fully aware of this. After a few of work, my orientation shifted. I became completely turned off by these groups. Yet as you mentioned, there are many people with more mild issues and dynamics  that I need to be more mindful of. 

The incentive to jump in someone is a good one. It’s only bee about 9 months in which I’ve been liberated to explore possibilities of abilities in this area. So far the only desires I’ve had are to jump into some of my students at the college, so I can figure out their inner blocks so they can perform better in the course. Yet what started happening was emotions started coming up in them and I received information. Mostly related to anxiety and previous trauma. It was like a part of me was experiencing it with them. Now that I think about it, I’m actually not that into this. I think this is residue from my life conditioning. That I am supposed to help people get through their problems and issues and always be supportive to them. My achilles heel. 

What’s rising up is that I don’t really want to pursue the psychology stuff at all. Much more appealing to me is using this ability as a sixth sense in experiencing my environment. A few weeks ago, I was in the energy vortexes of Sedona, AZ and had never experienced nature like this before. I was communicating with trees, earth and sky. I would love to develop that. . . . As well, sensing houses and buildings as I travel through cities. I image walking into a greenhouse and experiencing the energetics, the vibe, aura - in addition to the sites and sounds.And with animals to. I’ve had some glimpses with dogs.  I’m actually not that into humans. The only thing would be to connect with a partner as a form of intimacy - if we had good energy together. 

1 hour ago, Flatworld Crusades said:

Can you get mine from my writing?

Yes. Yet it is only a thread. 

I’ve been trying to explain these higher empathic abilities and connect with others on this forum for six months. 

I knew immediately as I read your first post that you get it. You are the first. That was clear. There also a few things I get a a general sense of and some unknown things of curiosity.

It’s your writing, yet also your avatar as well.

14 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Yes. Yet it is only a thread. 

I’ve been trying to explain these higher empathic abilities and connect with others on this forum for six months. 

I knew immediately as I read your first post that you get it. You are the first. That was clear. There also a few things I get a a general sense of and some unknown things of curiosity.

I thought you would, hence my question to you. I have a keen interest in energy & all its components .  If the things of curiosity are things I can answer, please go ahead. 

21 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

What’s rising up is that I don’t really want to pursue the psychology stuff at all. Much more appealing to me is using this ability as a sixth sense in experiencing my environment. A few weeks ago, I was in the energy vortexes of Sedona, AZ and had never experienced nature like this before. I was communicating with trees, earth and sky. I would love to develop that. . . . As well, sensing houses and buildings as I travel through cities. I image walking into a greenhouse and experiencing the energetics, the vibe, aura - in addition to the sites and sounds.And with animals to. I’ve had some glimpses with dogs.  I’m actually not that into humans. The only thing would be to connect with a partner as a form of intimacy - if we had good energy together. 

That is a fantastic realisation, my black cat and I have very interesting energy exchanges. 

@Flatworld Crusades I’m mostly curious about which areas you resonate with and how much overlap we have and what might be explored. I’ve met a lot of highly conscious spiritual people highly developed on cognitive and emotional lines, yet very few that are highly developed along the empathic and intuitive lines. 

in short, I am intuitive with energy being able to track vibrations, intent & then behaviours. Hence the Empath knowledge.

soul, consciousness

crystals, candles 

I wanna add personally, this has been a lot of my resistance to self-actualizing. I've had moments where I can see people's feelings clearly, or even know what it is they're going to say before they say it. There's a sort of guilt that follows, as though I've violated someone or done something wrong, so I immediately run back to ego and start making rationalizations again to cope.

It's not that it's scary so much as it's a conflict of paradigms. Moving from the state of self-perceiving, or egoic states to an understanding of oneness. 

@Serotoninluv your comment about peeing on the table was pretty on the nose. Any tips on how to stop running from this?

"Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all."

-Aristotle 

11 hours ago, OrpheusNovum said:

@Serotoninluv your comment about peeing on the table was pretty on the nose. Any tips on how to stop running from this?

I'm learning there is something going on here beyond simply being sensitive to other people's feelings. Sometimes I think of it an empathic line of development - it isn't cognitive. When I was at immature stages it was so distorted and I got tossed around emotionally. More recently, it seems there is some type of ability here - a way of sensing the environment that many others aren't in tune with. Like a sixth sense. Perhaps everyone has this ability and doesn't realize/develop it - or perhaps some are "gifted" with it - perhaps genetically. At times, it seems so obvious and simple - I'm perplexed others can't "see" it. Yet for some, concepts of physics and bench-pressing 300lbs comes easy - yet not to me.

For me, the most important thing was to set up boundaries and develop what some call a "shield". Once that was in place, I started realizing that this "curse" that was associated to so much inner turmoil, can kinda be cool. It allows a very different type of relationship and beingness with the environment. It used to just manifest with other people - usually negatively. Now I can be out in nature and things can get "weird" with how I interact with trees, animals and earth - yet in a good way.

Now, I'm trying to develop this empathic line - mostly on my own. I don't know of any mature conscious people that are highly developed on the empathic line.  I'm also trying to develop ways in which I can "translate" and communicate this sense in ways that others can understand.

I would have to agree, there's definitely a cognitive component for empaths, unforeseen. IMO to be an empath is actually a personality / coping mechanism developed in adolescents. I don't see it as a gift or a curse but something to be mindful of as it is pretty deeply conditioned into the psyche. By unconsciously choosing to put our focus on the energy levels of those around us we become influenced by our own thoughts and emotional state in relation. It is possible to choose our own focus/meanings of sensations to keep the emotional boundaries desired in a situation

@DrewNows Curse and gift ate probably not the best terms for me to use - yet I think most empaths would catch my drift. It can certainly feel like a curse or gift, yet that’s probably not the best way to describe it. 

I can see it as a coping mechanism in some contexts -  yet it goes way beyond that. I would call it a developmental line such as the cognitive, emotional and intuitive lines. There is an ability component to it. . . . Calling empathic a coping mechanism is like calling hearing a coping mechanism. When liberated from emotional turmoil -  emath can become abilities - a sense - similar to hearing or smelling. 

It’s not just emotions. I’ve sensed things so obvious that I’m looking around amazed noone else can “hear” it. I’ve learned they really can’t sense it and I just need to act normal - as if I’m not sensing it either. I’m currently observing wether people can subconsciously sense it and are affected subconsciously.

4 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

@DrewNows Curse and gift ate probably not the best terms to use. I can see it as a coping mechanism in some contexts -  yet it goes way beyond that. I would call it a developmental line such as the cognitive, emotional and intuitive lines. There is an ability component to it. . . . Calling empathic a coping mechanism is like calling hearing a coping mechanism. When liberated from emotional turmoil -  emath can become abilities - a sense - similar to hearing or smelling. 

Okay sure an enhanced ability developed with focus stemming from a specific identification trait. Coping mechanism in the sense like a war veteran who responds to loud noises as if they were still at war. However this awareness might also allow the veteran to spot something extraordinary because of their training...would you say this is similar? 

19 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

Okay sure an enhanced ability developed with focus stemming from a specific identification trait. Coping mechanism in the sense like a war veteran who responds to loud noises as if they were still at war. However this awareness might also allow the veteran to spot something extraordinary because of their training...would you say this is similar? 

I’m not sure what you mean by identification trait.

Regarding the war veteran, I don’t know. I don’t have experience in war or with war veterans. 

When free of emotional distortion, it seems more like another sense. Like you can’t smell and then suddenly you can. That would be really hard to explain. 

I’m not sure about the coping mechanism idea. I can see it related to emotional empaths, yet I can’t see how various forms, line geomantic empath, relates to a coping mechanism.

9 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

I’m not sure what you mean by identification trait.

relating to thought-self, maybe like an introvert that says, oh that's just how i am. 

14 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

When free of emotional distortion, it seems more like another sense. Like you can’t smell and then suddenly you can. That would be really hard to explain. 

you did a good job of explaining earlier how it impacted you when it was overwhelming but yeah maybe like a keen sense of awareness with clarity beyond the normal person

29 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

@DrewNows I’m still new to exploring this and I actually don’t know that much at this point.

Cool I thought maybe I was an empath but maybe I’m an energy vampire/narcissist ??

anyhow it is what it is and it’s cool to explore ?

1 hour ago, DrewNows said:

Cool I thought maybe I was an empath but maybe I’m an energy vampire/narcissist ??

anyhow it is what it is and it’s cool to explore ?

There are a couple of ways to tell the difference. The easiest one is intent. Regardless of the situation your energy will be carrying intent.  It's very easy to discern pure intent as opposed to manipulation or malicious intent. You do of course need to be spiritually aware enough to recognise the difference. Which of course is why narcissists get a strong hold on people as it is very difficult for the average person to identify manipulation. 

10 minutes ago, Flatworld Crusades said:

There are a couple of ways to tell the difference. The easiest one is intent. Regardless of the situation your energy will be carrying intent.  It's very easy to discern pure intent as opposed to manipulation or malicious intent. You do of course need to be spiritually aware enough to recognise the difference. Which of course is why narcissists get a strong hold on people as it is very difficult for the average person to identify manipulation. 

I wouldn’t say only narcissists manipulate however, maybe I’m wrong. To recognize one’s intent, for a narcissist, would be hard. Humility/honesty maybe. 

Empaths actually attract narcissists and vis-versa as opposites 

i identified myself as a narcissist many years ago in a stage of hating myself but wasn’t ever able to confirm it. I have learned to act with pure intent as my awareness has risen