EternalForest

What really happens after death?

33 posts in this topic

@EternalForest Through direct experience. Realizing the Self is the only real way to know this. Answers in words will not convince you.

1 hour ago, EternalForest said:

@FoxFoxFox

In a sense, I agree. But in another sense, if you took that attitude towards everything you'd have no thirst for knowledge and become complacent in ignorance.

Knowledge and ignorance are not mutually exclusive, as funny as it sounds.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

21 minutes ago, EternalForest said:

Perhaps in a Peter Ralston sense, but that's still a slippery slope.

@@EternalForest Why you think that way ?

@tecladocasio All things considered, I think the benefits to taking an active approach to acquiring knowledge about the world outweigh the benefits to the alternative.

The biggest con of seeking knowledge out of avoidance of sitting patiently in ignorance comes in the form of learning so much you are no longer able to meaningfully question the world around you in any sort of honest and pure way, but I think that can be avoided by keeping a close eye on yourself.

19 hours ago, EternalForest said:

I've been pondering this and researching this for years and still haven't come to any meaningful conclusion.  I just can't accept any of the current explanations from science or religion, too many explanations and none feel completely right. I can't believe that there's nothing at all after death, but it's also hard for me to believe that if I don't worship the "correct" deity I'll be deprived any sort of afterlife.  Seems cruel, since there's no way for us to know what the correct deity is (if there is one) until the moment of death itself. Surely if I knew what the correct deity was I would worship it. Why the guessing game?

Some say you are reincarnated and never truly die, while others say only your ego dies and after death you discover your true form. Not to mention, what will become of our memories? Are they preserved, as seen in children with "past lives", or are they erased forever? The explanations are seemingly endless, but my heart tells me there can only be one correct answer, and I haven't found it yet. 

I'd love to hear the forum's thoughts on this.

I actually find this an intelligent question.  It did interest me a lot, too. It can be answered on different levels. From the general  knowing, from the mind level experience or from beyond the mind - no you experience.

Speaking of the NDE - through the tunnel, reliving every experience of one's life, knowing very well what you did right or wrong,  and you are the judge of yourself and the message: don't waste this life, it's a tiny line between life and death- in the sense that one can lose it in an instant, stupidly. Into the light, peace and everything....and there is a sense of presence -I ness, identity, although only presence. 

In other experiences, awakenings, I was washed clean, purified and it was clear to me that there's no karma (there are consequences in this 3D world, but not karma in the classical sense).  In another one it was understood that all happens at the same time - in this instant - past, now and future and what we call different incarnations - all happen simoltaneously at he same time...It's like there are many realities happening simoltaneously and one could almost get trapped in a different reality. There was still a sense of me there- so I consider these mind experiences...

When one goes beyond the mind - there's no you there- no identity, no you/me, no mind to bring back memories, just consciousness, Home ...and nothing compares to it...

It becomes clear, upon return, that the mind creates our body and physical reality and that truly only consciousness exists, all the rest is a mirage, Maya, it is not real. So in that sense there's no creation, no birth, no death.

As my ex teacher said just before his death, when people were crying and begging him not to leave the body form: "Where could I go?" It is not possible to understand unless one experiences that consciousness is all there is and alway here.

But on the 3D level the world, birth, life, death...are percieved as real. 

So I would say that it makes a difference how one dies - with or without identity. 

If the mind identity is still present, it creates new body, new world...

I am unable to explain why but I feel that it is important to - through life - prepare for death - transition and that the last thought/s is/ are very important. 

Some very good material on spirit forms and reincarnation is found in Billy Meier's material.

Blessings.

@EternalForest It's possible to provide analogies, for example your real nature is like a screen on which life plays out. However that is only theory so long as you are not self-realized. Only when you are you will find the truth of the analogy.

@Amber Very insightful response, thank you! Besides meditation, what are some ways to get in touch with this pure consciousness? I think I've felt it a few times after some extremely vivid and beautiful lucid dreams.

What really happens after death?

What will happen in the next 3 minutes? 

The only thing that's ever happening.... Now.
"Things" or appearances, seem to be happening, coming and going,moving in and out, here to there,above and below. But it's all appearing in the timeless,dimensionless,empty space of Now.  Across the universe or non-universe, Now is the only "non- thing" happening.

Know yourself to be that. Never had a beginning,never will have an end. You are the all and nothing of what is happening... Now.
Attachment is death. What is real and true,doesn't die.

Edited by who chit

12 hours ago, Amber said:

I actually find this an intelligent question.  It did interest me a lot, too. It can be answered on different levels. From the general  knowing, from the mind level experience or from beyond the mind - no you experience.

Speaking of the NDE - through the tunnel, reliving every experience of one's life, knowing very well what you did right or wrong,  and you are the judge of yourself and the message: don't waste this life, it's a tiny line between life and death- in the sense that one can lose it in an instant, stupidly. Into the light, peace and everything....and there is a sense of presence -I ness, identity, although only presence. 

In other experiences, awakenings, I was washed clean, purified and it was clear to me that there's no karma (there are consequences in this 3D world, but not karma in the classical sense).  In another one it was understood that all happens at the same time - in this instant - past, now and future and what we call different incarnations - all happen simoltaneously at he same time...It's like there are many realities happening simoltaneously and one could almost get trapped in a different reality. There was still a sense of me there- so I consider these mind experiences...

When one goes beyond the mind - there's no you there- no identity, no you/me, no mind to bring back memories, just consciousness, Home ...and nothing compares to it...

It becomes clear, upon return, that the mind creates our body and physical reality and that truly only consciousness exists, all the rest is a mirage, Maya, it is not real. So in that sense there's no creation, no birth, no death.

As my ex teacher said just before his death, when people were crying and begging him not to leave the body form: "Where could I go?" It is not possible to understand unless one experiences that consciousness is all there is and alway here.

But on the 3D level the world, birth, life, death...are percieved as real. 

So I would say that it makes a difference how one dies - with or without identity. 

If the mind identity is still present, it creates new body, new world...

I am unable to explain why but I feel that it is important to - through life - prepare for death - transition and that the last thought/s is/ are very important. 

Some very good material on spirit forms and reincarnation is found in Billy Meier's material.

Blessings.

This ^ to add to that you could look into the Tibetan book of the dead. Look into the idea of the bardos ect.  I think you can answer the question just using your direct experience, in your direct experience there is no death also there is no birth. Do you remember your point of entry into this reality? you have always been here, and from that perceptive you always will we don't know any diffrent.  Its funny how we worry what will happen after death but we don't even know what will happen tomorrow. This question sent me deeply on this journey, its one of the best questions to investigate. Love it. Whats your opinon on peoples NDE's?

Edited by noselfnofun

6 hours ago, EternalForest said:

@Amber Very insightful response, thank you! Besides meditation, what are some ways to get in touch with this pure consciousness? I think I've felt it a few times after some extremely vivid and beautiful lucid dreams.

I've never meditated or taken psychotropics or did any kind of self inquiry. What I did was I spent some time with 2 teachers with very strong transmission - magnetism. 3-4 times in India and 3 retreats in Europe with an not well known teacher. Their mere presence stopped my mind. No mind experience is nothing special, but offers great relief. A lot of life energy gets liberated which is otherwise trapped to sustain " the idea of an I", an "identity". Most of our life  force - energy - goes to sustain the "identity", unfortunatelly. This released energy allowes us to use it for other things.

You are asking how to get in touch with pure consciousness. For me it happened during one online class with this european teacher. We are like embers, we glow and catch fire in the presence of an awakened being.

But I have always, from young age, been open and suseptible to energies, I just knew things on my own. For example, when I was four, my grandad took me to a construction site of my aunt's new house, but couldn't enter the house because it was locked. I just knew where the key was hidden, it was not any usual place one would think of, and my grandad thought that I had been there before but of course I hadn't. 

We can only share what we have. It is important who we associate with.

4 hours ago, noselfnofun said:

This question sent me deeply on this journey, its one of the best questions to investigate. Love it. Whats your opinon on peoples NDE's?

I think I read Tibetan book of the dead, years ago....somehow it did not resonate with me....I also remember reading somewhere that Castaneda said that it is misleading. 

What I think of NDEs?  I really had to think about this one...... I used to be interested in NDE s, but now I think they are interesting, mind  induced physiologically triggered perceptive experiences- mind interpreted energies.... It is interesting though that different cultures perceive different beings /gods from their own cultural upbringing, so it has to do with our minds differentlt interpreting energies. But that's just my 2c.

Some interesting explanation may be found here: http://www.futureofmankind.co.uk/Billy_Meier/FIGU_Special_Bulletin_038

?