Sahil Pandit

Behavior Change

21 posts in this topic

I quite my weed and youtube addiction 21 days ago.

The first few days were hard but it feels amazing by now!(I have so much time ahah)

Sailing on the ceiling 

Thank you! @Sahil Pandit To be honest I was at a point where I feel it was just necessary.

I was conscious of how it robbed me of my potential for many months but I was unable to let that go until it clicked.

I clearly saw that to go where I want to go in life I cannot indulge in those activities anymore.

So really that's the vision for my life purpose and the desire to grow myself and become more conscious that did it for me.

I did not tell myself to stop because I should or because I believed it was bad for me there was just something in me that was ready to grow past that.

I said to myself fuck it i'm doing it no matter what. I remembered the 100% commitment concept from the life purpose course.

Sailing on the ceiling 

I'm learning how to be more compassionate with others.

I've learned a lot in the last few days, but I still have a lot to learn.

4 hours ago, Rigel said:

Thank you! @Sahil Pandit To be honest I was at a point where I feel it was just necessary.

I was conscious of how it robbed me of my potential for many months but I was unable to let that go until it clicked.

I clearly saw that to go where I want to go in life I cannot indulge in those activities anymore.

So really that's the vision for my life purpose and the desire to grow myself and become more conscious that did it for me.

I did not tell myself to stop because I should or because I believed it was bad for me there was just something in me that was ready to grow past that.

I said to myself fuck it i'm doing it no matter what. I remembered the 100% commitment concept from the life purpose course.

@kieranperez boom

@Sahil Pandit Quitted playing video games. In December last year. Did not play a single video game. 

Going to the gym reguarly for 4 months using social media as accountabillity structure. 

On 4/7/2019 at 2:22 PM, Truth Addict said:

I'm learning how to be more compassionate with others.

I've learned a lot in the last few days, but I still have a lot to learn.

How are you going about that? What have you learned?

5 hours ago, ValiantSalvatore said:

@Sahil Pandit Quitted playing video games. In December last year. Did not play a single video game. 

Going to the gym reguarly for 4 months using social media as accountabillity structure. 

Dude that's a good step forward! What is next :) 

Decided this week that I'm never drinking again for the rest of my life. Been a few weeks since I have and I've never been a heavy drinker, but I've seen it destroy the people I love for years. I firmly believe that the world could change tomorrow if everyone vowed to stop drinking for good today.

Plus, Leo said he's never bought a drink before in his life and that's evidence enough for me that it's a habit I should kick. Feels powerful as fuck saying no to that shit.

Edited by OrpheusNovum

"Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all."

-Aristotle 

@Sahil Pandit Thanks, man! Biphasic sleep, for now, I am 5 weeks in it with mediocre success. As soon as I am done with the speed reading book next week then it will be that. Otherwise no idea. Optimizing sleep and getting a good night's rest is my credo/prime directive currently. 

What about you? No one asked. Feels like a positive thread.

11 hours ago, Sahil Pandit said:

How are you going about that? What have you learned?

You had to ask, didn't you?

Well, I've got a 3-day restriction and 3 warning points for showing compassion for another member here.

I learned that there are personal boundaries, and that people are crazy. Lol!

22 hours ago, OrpheusNovum said:

Decided this week that I'm never drinking again for the rest of my life. Been a few weeks since I have and I've never been a heavy drinker, but I've seen it destroy the people I love for years. I firmly believe that the world could change tomorrow if everyone vowed to stop drinking for good today.

Plus, Leo said he's never bought a drink before in his life and that's evidence enough for me that it's a habit I should kick. Feels powerful as fuck saying no to that shit.

That vow will do you much good, my sir.

20 hours ago, ValiantSalvatore said:

@Sahil Pandit Thanks, man! Biphasic sleep, for now, I am 5 weeks in it with mediocre success. As soon as I am done with the speed reading book next week then it will be that. Otherwise no idea. Optimizing sleep and getting a good night's rest is my credo/prime directive currently. 

What about you? No one asked. Feels like a positive thread.

Ooo optimizing sleep sounds like a great idea. Actually, that's one that i have been working on. I used to sleep with up to 4-5 pillows. But now i invested into two memory foam pillows which are much more comfortable and i wake up less in the middle of the night!

11 hours ago, Truth Addict said:

You had to ask, didn't you?

Well, I've got a 3-day restriction and 3 warning points for showing compassion for another member here.

I learned that there are personal boundaries, and that people are crazy. Lol!

@Truth Addict

Screen Shot 2019-04-11 at 10.40.03 AM.png

Being conscious in every moment. Every time I find myself in a "trance", I just get back into the immediate reality. It is actually meditation.

@Sahil Pandit That's great! I always liked them when I used them for sleep. I can recommend an app for tracking sleep in case you care. To see and potentially inform yourself about your own sleep patterns. It's a cool gadget. I am trying to use a heart rate sensor in addition to tracking sleep, but the app is quite complicated. 

Samsung Health can store sleep data, yet I am not sure if they have a sleep tracking function.

10 minutes ago, ValiantSalvatore said:

@Sahil Pandit Cool, so the muscles receive more oxygen? Do you track your heart rate while running? 

nah i'm not that sophisticated haha.

Lately i've been running without a watch while focusing on enjoying the subtle aspect of it. How i feel, how my hips are turning over, how my feet feel in my shoes, how my form effects my effort levels, etc. I've found that this helps me stay connected to my source motivations more long term than tracking my miles and heart rate. But who knows! I'll get back into tracking miles and heart rate soon enough.