Harikrishnan

Talking issue.

6 posts in this topic

So i was recording a video and after few takes i noticed i was having issues with pronouncing certain words correctly when iam talking in flow. I think partially its because of energy drain, then again i always had the issue of pronouncing words correctly when i am talking in meetings and all. And i feel like i can hear my wrong pronounciation in brain(like echo) i have a big nose and have a slight bend. Also i get lack of breath when am talking for more than 2 min. I really want to improve my public speaking skills.  What can i do?

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

@Seed knows her stuff about public speaking maybe she can provide some advice :)

7 hours ago, Harikrishnan said:

So i was recording a video and after few takes i noticed i was having issues with pronouncing certain words correctly when iam talking in flow. I think partially its because of energy drain, then again i always had the issue of pronouncing words correctly when i am talking in meetings and all. And i feel like i can hear my wrong pronounciation in brain(like echo) i have a big nose and have a slight bend. Also i get lack of breath when am talking for more than 2 min. I really want to improve my public speaking skills.  What can i do?

My wife and a friend have participated in this relatively free organization to improve and overcome some of these issues your speaking about.

https://www.toastmasters.org/

Also no one cares if you have a big nose with a slight bend, its only you.  If someone is childish enough to say something to you about it, its not worth your time to listen.  If you really look at people, everyone has some imperfections to be found if you really want to find them.

Edited by Mu_

2 hours ago, Mu_ said:

My wife and a friend have participated in this relatively free organization to improve and overcome some of these issues your speaking about.

https://www.toastmasters.org/

Also no one cares if you have a big nose with a slight bend, its only you.  If someone is childish enough to say something to you about it, its not worth your time to listen.  If you really look at people, everyone has some imperfections to be found if you really want to find them.

Slight bend on nose i said was not about imperfection or anything ,  i was asking wether a slight bend in nose could cause breathing issues which result in talking issues. B/w my breathing is normal.

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

Haha.... @Charlotte Ive a long way to go before I can claim that role! But would def recommend Toastmasters for overcoming fears and sharpening your skills.. 

You'll meet some amazing people too. :-) 

1 hour ago, Seed said:

Ive a long way to go before I can claim that role!

Ssshhh ?... Your awesome