Mu_

"Self-Realized": I'm available to answer your sincere questions on waking up....

118 posts in this topic

Is being witnessing consciousness still ego in disguise even though you arent identified with thoughts and emotions but with consciousness instead?

‘What’s’ being witness consciousness in this example?

or another way of putting it is.

What is it that is seeing itself as being witness consciousness?

is this question in relation to how you see your inner experience and are wondering what it means?

Edited by Mu_

That what is seeing itself is in these moments of inquiry still separated from what is seen.And I wonder is any form of separation in experience ego cause consciousness is ultimately non dual as i understand

50 minutes ago, DecemberFlower said:

That what is seeing itself is in these moments of inquiry still separated from what is seen.And I wonder is any form of separation in experience ego cause consciousness is ultimately non dual as i understand

So this is your experience your talking about?  

Or are you trying to figure out how one knows/sees itself and yet is not ego since the way people phrase knowing themselves creates what looks like a someone knowing themselves (which is what ego is commonly referred  as) which sounds like duality still happening since something is knowing itself as something?

@Mu_ That all it takes is to allow the mind to fully merge with the Self would be one way to say it.

@Mu_ Yes..my experience.I was comparing with one true non dual moment i had where there was no separation between me and the world.All there was was consciousness and it wasnt mine it was just there existing:)

But most of my inquiry and meditation experiences are still this sort od duality between me consciousness observing and "stuff" being observed.

So i was wondering if that is still ego in disguise just in form of consciousness and not in form of thinker of thought or feeler od emotions..sorry if i sound confusing:D

26 minutes ago, DecemberFlower said:

@Mu_ Yes..my experience.I was comparing with one true non dual moment i had where there was no separation between me and the world.All there was was consciousness and it wasnt mine it was just there existing:)

But most of my inquiry and meditation experiences are still this sort od duality between me consciousness observing and "stuff" being observed.

So i was wondering if that is still ego in disguise just in form of consciousness and not in form of thinker of thought or feeler od emotions..sorry if i sound confusing:D

That is some deep experience you had, did you get any non-dual states before this with clear object and observer where you could still sense I? 

@purerogue No that was my only non dual "experience".

There is no non dual experience when there is a sense of you.There is only consciousness then.

I had moments of nice stilness of mind in that consciousness observer stage though

17 minutes ago, DecemberFlower said:

@purerogue No that was my only non dual "experience".

There is no non dual experience when there is a sense of you.There is only consciousness then.

I had moments of nice stilness of mind in that consciousness observer stage though

I see, was just curious , gl! 

4 hours ago, DecemberFlower said:

Who still wonders if its consciousness now or if its ego in disguise now?  To me it sounds like "You" as you ultimately are still have a lot of idea's of what "You" are or are not.  "You" is believing itself to be on some spiritual path with certain rules "You" have learned.  "You" believe "You" won't find yourself unless some idea of ego "You" believe is not there.  "You" believe that if there is some sort of "I" experience as you've learned it to mean or see it in experience means that its not a true non-dual or experience of Self.  These beliefs are keeping "You" stuck in a loop in "You".  These are all fantasies and rules your still governed by. 

Let this in for a while, and let me know if this makes any sense or challenges you in some way.

Edited by Mu_

10 hours ago, FoxFoxFox said:

@Mu_ That all it takes is to allow the mind to fully merge with the Self would be one way to say it.

Is this something that was unclear before?  Is it your desire for this to happen?  Have you found some progress in such?

Edited by Mu_

@Mu_ 

52 minutes ago, Mu_ said:

Is this something that was unclear before?  Is it your desire for this to happen?  Have you found some progress in such?

It was unclear before what the point of spiritual practices were. It is not a personal desire anymore. And yes this has become more and more palpable. 

@Mu_ Yeah I am still spinning in ego stories it creates from inquiry experiences:)Its kinda tricky cause it definitely feels like I have to put effort into being consciousness even though thats what I essentialy am.Probably comes from natural tendency that to get somewhere you have to do something.

Thanks for your response

Edited by DecemberFlower

3 hours ago, FoxFoxFox said:

@Mu_ 

It was unclear before what the point of spiritual practices were. It is not a personal desire anymore. And yes this has become more and more palpable. 

Is there anything that seems to be a barrier from more palpable?  Or is a surrender/becoming in action that is unfolding just fine?  :)

23 hours ago, DecemberFlower said:

@Mu_ Yeah I am still spinning in ego stories it creates from inquiry experiences:)Its kinda tricky cause it definitely feels like I have to put effort into being consciousness even though thats what I essentialy am.Probably comes from natural tendency that to get somewhere you have to do something.

Thanks for your response

The important distinction here that only you can be honest and truthful about with yourself is, do you believe your consciousness as an idea, or do you know deeply.  Its when you know deeply that you can just allow/surrender let all the ego stories, bodily tendencies, traumas/karma's still present to continue to exist, and allow for a transformation/transcendence to unfold that will take time, but is rooted in the deep realization of your true face.

Does any of this resonate?  If not, keep with a practice of looking into the stories of what you believe you are, and the stories that continue to keep you in fear or cause suffering to you or others and see them for what they are.

Maybe this video will help...

Edited by Mu_