Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bejapuskas

Working on my physical health

23 posts in this topic

Good to hear your you've decided to stay active and be healthy. I would guess you workout every other day, for 3 times a week. For beginners this is good, thought it would be great if you work out for 4-5 times a week to see some gains in strength and muscle. For diet, depend on where you are in your body goals and what you want to achieve. More muscles, means caloric surplus, you need to eat more, with emphasis on more protein, just eat the right amount of carbs for the energy you need for the day, while meaning sure you get daily portion of veggies/greens.

On 4/15/2019 at 6:44 AM, Shiva said:

I agree with you that supplements can't make up for poor diet. That's why they are called "supplements" not "substitutes".

I agree!

If you eat well, you're gonna have sufficient enzymes and compounds. You aren't gonna eat only pure supplements and nothing else. Again, supplements are meant to "supplement" one's diet not substitute it. Also there are substancial price and quality differences. Of course you can buy the cheapest and lowest quality, but there are also better ones available.

Could there are most likely enzymes in compounds found in animal foods that cannot be found in plant foods that help with the digestion?

And how do these bacteria get there? The food you eat determines what kind of organisms live in your gut. Possibly humans used to have them as well before we ate near sterile foods for generations.

The bacteria comes from the soil and I am not denying soil bacterias can produce b12, but again, B12 is also produced by bacterias in the gut of cows. I have read that humans have bacterias that produce b12 in the colon, but it cannot absorbed unless you were to eat your own poop, I believe. 

Thanks everyone for writing here, I am reading your comments every now and then :)