Cocolove

Are psychedelic trips from the unconscious like dreams?

10 posts in this topic

Jungian and Freudian psychology both place a huge emphasis on dreams as being vehicles into the unconscious, dreams are composed of symbols from the unconscious mind.

Do psychedelics use symbols from the unconscious too?

It seems like such a basic question, does the content of a trip arise from the unconscious like a dream, or is it arbitrary, like we used to think dreams are. 

I tried googling it but I can't find shit, would really appreciate resources or knowledge if anyone knows.

To clarify, yes I know and of course unconscious or shadow stuff often comes up on trips, as in dreams, but moreover, are the entire contents of trips, things that don't appear to be some emotional release or past trauma, such as symbols, from the unconcious.

That's a bad way to frame it.

The whole distinction between conscious and unconscious is bogus. There is only consciousness at various levels.

Trips are super-conscious.

Freud and Jung are not good teachings. They did not understand nonduality. Jung has some redeeeming quilities, but still not good enough for our purposes.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Cocolove

Dreams relate to suppression of desire due to self doubt patterns of thought. Ultimately dreams are pointing to nonduality and the dreamlike nature of reality - in terms of our mental acceptance or nonacceptance. What we are not yet willing to be aware of about ourselves gets categorized by thinking as ‘unconscious’.  But it’s more like ‘what we are unwilling to be conscious of’.

Trips are not like dreams. Trips are like a dose of Truth to the  “unconscious” we created with fear / self doubt. Psychedelics push you into what you’ve been suppressing, and ideally, straight through it. There is a very linear predictable theme to not only trips, but the reemergence / recreation of the ego afterwards. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm Wow, that just made so much sense to me. Thank you for sharing. :x

Realizeyourgrowth.com

Its all just pointing to one thing, but why then is there this struggle? Why cant it just be?

Realizeyourgrowth.com

@Identity Survival, survival, survival.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

If it is just being, how come I am experiencing struggle? If I experience struggle, that means it is true right, because it is? How can there be illusion if all there is is truth? Why cant I just let go, why does there have to be a process?

Realizeyourgrowth.com

@Leo Gura survival for whom? Why? Is it necessary for there to be something that observes?

Realizeyourgrowth.com

@Leo Gura Freud was obviously shit and Jung has little to do with enlightenment for sure, but I wouldn't dismiss Jung when it comes to many other facets of the mind, his work still goes incredibly deep I feel. 

@Cocolove I don't think psychedelics "come from" the unconscious mind, but they definitely showed me parts of my self I didn't realise were there eating away at me so to speak.