kieranperez

What is Deja Vu?

24 posts in this topic

Is there any sort of explanation for this? I probably have this about a couple times a week and have had this for so many years I’ve pretty much lose track. Probably since I was a kid and maybe younger.

Apparently a kind of experience unable to be explained logically (sorta like absolute infinity maybe?). These days though, I hear, it can be created through stimulating certain parts of your brain. Need more research on this topic but it's not really my research interest :)

@kieranperez What is the experience of Deja Vu like? Let's get out of concepts and into direct experience. 

I guess you could say it's the eery feeling of doing something again in exactly the same way. How can you know for sure if it was a genuine "redo" (either in this life or a past one), or just some "misfire in your brain?" You can't! You couldn't possibly verify it, no matter how much conceptualizing and rationalizing you attempt. And if you actually get to rock bottom in your nondual understanding, there's no difference between the two scenarios at all. 

So it would be more accurate to describe Deja Vu as a post-rational, mystical experience. It's like a direct realization of the infinite, strange loopy nature of reality. Because of this nature, whatever you THINK it could be, whether it's a folding or joining of parallel universes, a misfire in your brain (which you think exists), or a genuine "I've been here before" moment... It's all of the above. 

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

@kieranperez I've experienced daja vu since a young child. It makes me question the possibility of there being something like an akashic records or something similar that we tap into from time to time.

Just now, Moonturnsthetides said:

A glitch in the matrix. ?

I knew this comment was coming

It might be a sign, is it leading you to explore something? What are the particular memories/events? 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Ime sometimes the present moment freezes or put another way the sense of time disappears. And when the story continues,
I am a little confused since my limited mind can only think linearly and that gap of no-time can feel either past or future.
I call that dejavu.

i think theres a bit of misunderstanding of phenomenon here. of course first person experience is first person experience but why always assume that its not a bodily phenomenon more so than a mystical phenomenon? every thing is mystical regardless of being weird to the norm ie rare or unfamiliar so why attempt to find a secret meaning or message to some brain activity? again im not denying the mystical nature of it im just trying to reduce the noise of thought. take the lesson away and throw out the rest cuz its unnecessary weight. like i can identify myself as a coffee table i know that every thing has happened already in a loopy manner. when you believe a deja vu phenomenon has a certain meaning it in effect does cuz u create all meaning. the present moment is not separate from the future or the past and theyre not just thoughts when you think of them theyre the present moment.

Edited by The observer
typo

Remember, existence is multidimensional and there are infinite parallel universes simultaneously existing, sometimes they criss-cross, sometimes you shift realities and dimensionalities altogether. The term you know as The Mandela Effect is a good example of this.

On 4/13/2020 at 5:13 PM, Quantum Toad said:

Remember, existence is multidimensional and there are infinite parallel universes simultaneously existing, sometimes they criss-cross, sometimes you shift realities and dimensionalities altogether. The term you know as The Mandela Effect is a good example of this.

How True is that? And how  real?

My experience with this never felt like "remembering something", but some kind of almost meditative, convergence of awareness. In one of my past psychedelic trips, I had the strong feeling that my whole life was already seen.

I presume we would have to grasp what exactly are memory and intelligence before being able to define what is déjà vu? If infinite intelligence goes through all possibilities in order to maximize Love, and our restricted point of views explore subsets of those states while being mutually consistent, maybe the feeling could originate from the temporary realization that you are one with the structure you are currently exploring. It's also possible that knowledge of past lives is included in highest level of consciousness.

1_TiJl4Rh47os3hVGoWMwhJQ.gif

Edited by gswva

Not certain, but I get an intense deja-vu like sensation while tripping

“The psychotic drowns in the same waters in which the mystic swims with delight.”

I have experienced deja-vu that has a distinctly palpable feel for a few seconds on many occasions . I've also become aware of how the past is not actual at all, even tho it feels very real. I don't have any good speculation as to the source of this sensation, but I am curious to hear the input of advanced conscious individuals  

I can actually give myself de-ja Vu on command now for some reason lol. But yo, would it not make sense that it's deeply connected to knowing your higher self. You see something that seems like you've seen it before...but can't tell where from. It feels like I know myself knowing myself lol...I'm gonna go meditate 

I've read different theories about why it happens. I like one of them though.

The theory says that when u experience a Deja vu, it's a sign that u are where your destiny wants u to be (the right place). It means u have lived this life several times and now you are going the same way so u remember some parts of it. 

2 hours ago, Elham said:

I've read different theories about why it happens. I like one of them though.

The theory says that when u experience a Deja vu, it's a sign that u are where your destiny wants u to be (the right place). It means u have lived this life several times and now you are going the same way so u remember some parts of it. 

haha so i guess that means that i will every time remember the same parts i remembered the last time? it dont make sense b cuz if i lived my life several times before in the same exact details then wheres the beginning? when is the first time ive lived my life without any deja vus haha? or did i experience the same deja vus from the first time lol