zunnyman

How does climbing up maslow’s help one awaken?

10 posts in this topic

I understand how covering basic survival needs, self-esteem improvement and health can help and all that, but how much does it really help in trying to awaken. If trying to awaken is a massive shift in perception from being a limited self to the whole universe, I don’t get how basic personal development can aid with that transition? 

Not doubting, just wondering

0qkoyw32jx7y.jpg

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

Ego is the mechanism by which we are driven to survive. Needs being met fulfill the requirements of ego. If the needs of the individual are met, the usefulness of ego is outlived (to put it simply).

Edited by OrpheusNovum

"Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all."

-Aristotle 

6 hours ago, zunnyman said:

I understand how covering basic survival needs, self-esteem improvement and health can help and all that, but how much does it really help in trying to awaken. If trying to awaken is a massive shift in perception from being a limited self to the whole universe, I don’t get how basic personal development can aid with that transition? 

You go through a lot of beliefs and delusions via the pyramid. Self doubt & limitation is a barrier to transcend. Becoming analytical of of one’s own resistant thinking is critical. Desire lived is more readily understood than desire suppressed. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

As you become more and more successful you will realize how hollow and unsatisfying success is. You will experience depression and disappointment. That will force you to re-evaluate your happiness strategy. Eventually you will have to admit that the only way to become happy is to awaken. And then you will pursue awakening in earnest.

It takes a lot of chasing before we realize that chasing does not work.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I’ve found that just being financially stable so that you aren’t begging on the streets does the trick. Sex for me is a bit of a strange one because I feel satisfied even when I don’t have it. The basic needs are pretty easy to obtain if you aren’t completely dysfunctional. 

Like others have said, you need to pursue success further to fully grasp how pathetic it is. I’m doing that right now, chasing money until I can feel it in my bones how ridiculous it is. I feel empty inside but it’s what it takes to realise there is more out there than stage orange craziness. Lol.

@David Hammond In practice, it's still about material success -- just higher forms of it. There cannot be true authenticity of psychological wholeness without awakening.

@Leo Gura But leo, if we take a man who is a millionaire, has financial freedom, is pursuing his passion everyday using his creative faculty, has a relatively deeper relationship with a beautiful girl, friends who genuinely care about him, is on a strict vegan ayurvedic diet, and has a daily 3 hour hatha yoga program from Sadhguru’s programs (meant for peak physical and mental fitness) and compare that to a human who is earning 6 figures at a job, trying to make a business work, and his health is 50% shit, then wouldn’t the first guy be 1000x happier. I mean isn’t the whole point of climbing maslow’s also to be happier as you meet your dificiency needs and get into needs like creativity. I do understand how chasing more and more just gets tiring and makes you less happy though. But pursuing maslow’s only to realize it will only make you less happy -> that I don’t get. I thought life gets more and more better and you become happier as you progress maslow’s as you more onto higher self needs. 

@zunnyman You'd be surprised. The perfect person you imagine would actually be extra depressed because he sees it's not working, it's all a house of cards.

Happiness is always relative. Having $100 billion will not make you happy, as unbelievable as that may sound to you.

@Leo Gura But we are not only talking about external circumstances like just being filthy rich. A musician living his life purpose would be much happier than a McDonalds worker right? Because the musician would be living his passion, having higher motivations other than money, changing people’s lives. Of course the musician would be the happier one. He would also be the more spiritual one too even. You once said pursuing music is somewhat spiritual. Can’t you naturally be more spititual as you climb maslow’s without even knowing of awakening?