Key Elements

Our job is just to pass on the message.

8 posts in this topic

Whatever you're doing in life and whatever level you're on, you know it, if you're honest with yourself. Just do it well. Your job is just to pass on the message in your own way. The message doesn't have to be the most profound truth, unless you have it.

Thoughts?

Sure, I think that is what essentially is happening on the forum. There's no other way for people to get value, other then that what you write.

The most profound truths are the most simple. 

23 minutes ago, Key Elements said:

Whatever you're doing in life and whatever level you're on, you know it, if you're honest with yourself. Just do it well. Your job is just to pass on the message in your own way. The message doesn't have to be the most profound truth, unless you have it.

Thoughts?

- why does god want it that way? Why has god pushed us all, his creation, to know the Truth and spread it? Is a creation that knows itself the perfect creation? Why then does the devil and illusion exist? where did it come from? who is illusion's creator? If god didn't create illusion how then does it exist as it is?

Edited by electroBeam

It’s so simple it just might work :) 

“Instead of asking what do I want from life? A more powerful question is what does life want from me?” —eckhart tolle

Edited by DrewNows

@Key Elements One way or another, we're doing a perfect job at passing on the message, whatever that message might be ?

@electroBeam If I may try to answer..

1 hour ago, electroBeam said:

- why does god want it that way? Why has god pushed us all, his creation, to know the Truth and spread it?

God has no selfish agendas, and didn't push us, it does not matter to God whether we spread Truth or lie, it's all a big lie, and this big lie is the Truth.

Is a creation that knows itself the perfect creation?

We're assuming duality here, a creation and a creator. Perhaps the answer shows up if we let go of that assumption.

Why then does the devil and illusion exist? where did it come from? who is illusion's creator? If god didn't create illusion how then does it exist as it is?

Could it be that illusion is an inherent quality of God, and therefore it has no beginning and no end? Like God Itself.

We're merely one drop of an infinite ocean.

@Key Elements Beautiful. That is how you spell silence.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

7 hours ago, Truth Addict said:

We're assuming duality here, a creation and a creator. Perhaps the answer shows up if we let go of that assumption.

what about a non dual view of creation: The manifestation of life could be called a 'creation'. God's form as the creation, and the formless as the creator. 

"it does not matter to god whether we spread truth or lie"

Does that imply then, that we have free will? Does god have the power to control whether we lie or tell the truth? If not why? If God has that control, then why is God letting us spread lies? After all, God is pure love. Christians say that the reason why God allows crime and hatred in this world is because he gave us free will, but in my experience, free will doesn't exist. I don't have control over the next word I write in this sentence right now. Its happening completely out of my control. When you understand that, then why is evil happening? 

Edited by electroBeam

25 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

what about a non dual view of creation: The manifestation of life could be called a 'creation'. God's form as the creation, and the formless as the creator.

In non-duality, form=formless.

The creation we're seeing is nothing other than the creator.

It's really not that they're two different things, but actually one happening inside of the other, but even that wouldn't be precisely correct, because they're one and the same.

Of course, that's what they teach, and I'm not 100% convinced.

28 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

"it does not matter to god whether we spread truth or lie"

Does that imply then, that we have free will? Does god have the power to control whether we lie or tell the truth? If not why? If God has that control, then why is God letting us spread lies? After all, God is pure love. Christians say that the reason why God allows crime and hatred in this world is because he gave us free will, but in my experience, free will doesn't exist. I don't have control over the next word I write in this sentence right now. Its happening completely out of my control. When you understand that, then why is evil happening? 

There's no free will, free will is a concept, just like evil.

It seems to me like there's still some part of the concept "free will" that is refusing to be let go of. Like something still thinks it has some doership, and that it's causing good or evil.

But if we look closely enough, what is it that thinks so? And why does it think so? I think these questions are more direct to the heart of the issue.

Maybe evil ends with the end of free will. I can only think of this as the ultimate goal of Christianity.