vpandey

Questions to Leo and other seekers of Truth

46 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

Seeking truth for truth’s sake is an orientation. It is a way of life. It is genuine seeking of truth and requires great courage. It can be simply called “seeking truth”.

Seekng truth for personal rewards can cause unhealthy psychological dynamics because the self is oriented toward seeking rewards, not truth. It can simply be called “seeking self-centered rewards”. Adding in the “truth” part can provide the self with some cover and allow it to avoid actual truth,. This often leads to a distorted view of truth . For example, someone in a relationship may claim they value the truth and want truth, yet if the primary fuel is self seeking rewards, truth, honesty and trust will become twisted within the relationship. Even worse, the false belief that one is seeking truth will actually prevent them from being open and willing to genuinely introspect and see the actual truth.

There is nothing wrong with seeking personal rewards, yet I think it’s a healthier psychological dynamic to be honest about it and drop the “truth” part. 

It’s like a scientist seeking  experimental results for personal rewards such as promotions and grant money. He would be highly biased and not oriented toward seeking the actual truth.

Not sure if it is possible to be truly selfless like you suggest there. We wanna survive and spread them seed, you know what I am sayin? Now I differentiate between healthy selfishness and unhealthy selfishness. Healthy selfishness is when you strive for your goals while also keeping in mind of other's desires. Unhealthy selfishness is more like 'fuck the world, I'm doing what I want regardless of who I hurt'.

I'm not saying compromise truth for rewards in scientific field or relationship. It doesn't have to exclusive. Paradoxically, honesty and truth will lead to better relationships and better scientific progress.

Man this gets confusing sometimes. I'll probably log out and go outside now.

4 hours ago, vpandey said:

Not sure if it is possible to be truly selfless like you suggest there. We wanna survive and spread them seed, you know what I am sayin? Now I differentiate between healthy selfishness and unhealthy selfishness. Healthy selfishness is when you strive for your goals while also keeping in mind of other's desires. Unhealthy selfishness is more like 'fuck the world, I'm doing what I want regardless of who I hurt'.

I'm not saying compromise truth for rewards in scientific field or relationship. It doesn't have to exclusive. Paradoxically, honesty and truth will lead to better relationships and better scientific progress.

Man this gets confusing sometimes. I'll probably log out and go outside now.

You'd be surprised how much you can rewire your own brain. It's possible when you dissolve self and other. 

On 6.04.2019 at 1:41 AM, Leo Gura said:

An Absolute is not state-dependent, it is not a function of the human mind, it is not an experience, it is not an perception, it is not belief, it is not an assumption, it is not a theory, it is not a thought, it is not an intuition. It is ABSOLUTE!

How is it not an experience? A goal is to not pass out/lose consciousness by taking a too high dose...

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

On 4/7/2019 at 5:50 AM, Shadowraix said:

You'd be surprised how much you can rewire your own brain. It's possible when you dissolve self and other. 

For sure. I'm currently exploring this area. I would add that there is also a lot more other stuff possible when you dissolve self and other. A whole new world opens up. If a mind-body is not immersed in self and other, what's it going to do? It's going to be aware of new somethings now. And those somethings that arise are magic. It's another world to explore.

Regarding rewiring the brain, I think we are still at the very early stages. Very few people are aware that this is even possible, let alone doing the practice and development work.

@Serotoninluv Do you identify with, value your intellect? 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

3 hours ago, mandyjw said:

@Serotoninluv Do you identify with, value your intellect? 

If we assume the existence of a "you", then of course. That is part of playing the human character. A blank movie is boring to me. There is so much left to explore in the relative world and the human world. It's magic.

Sometimes I like to role play. Sometimes it's fun to get immersed into a character and be that character, as if the character is actually real. Other times it's fun to just observe the character. Other times, having no character. Variety is the spice of life.