Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Extreme Z7

Researching Leo for LP Exercise

11 posts in this topic

So I'm currently 22 years old and I bought the LP course a few months ago because I figured it was time for me to seriously pursue my life's dream of becoming a music producer, specifically for film and video games. I still felt in the dark with a lot of stuff so I decided to buy the course.

It's been working great so far but nothing extraordinary yet. Course' I haven't finished the course yet, though nor read any of the books. (Here's to hoping I make it someday)

But whatever. . . that's not the point of this thread.

I don't want to spoil too much for all the folks here who haven't bought the course yet but I'm still at the exercise where you get to research 3 folks whom you extremely admire.

I figured the first person would be my favorite musician of all time, The Sampling Masters.
(Okay, The Sampling Masters is actually a duo but their achievements and reasons why I admire them is so similar that I chose to research them as one entity.)

Second guy is Leonardo Da Vinci because fuck yes.

But I couldn't think of a third entry for a while. I don't spend much time looking into historical educational material yet, unfortunately, so I had quite a bit of trouble trying to think of possible historical figures or even modern figures that I look up to.

But then I suddenly remembered someone whose achievements, passion, and life I do greatly admire almost more than anyone else I know of right now: @Leo Gura himself!

Why did I feel the need to write about this? Fuck, I dunno. Maybe I just thought it'd look cool.

But come to think of it, perhaps this thread could be a place to post content you know of about Leo that could help aid my research into him and his life.
Basically, I really genuinely want to get a better idea as to how he went about doing things to get to where he is today.

@Extreme Z7 Don't get too obsessed with me. It's too incestuous and not healthy. I am not as great as you imagine me to be.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Leo does things in his own way though, because he has his own unique talents.  Hes especially good analytically and logically and his practice is going to reflect that.  So while you can study him, hes probably doing what hes doing because he has certain prerequisites and maybe it wont be as applicable to you.  Also it would be hard to study leo, he doesnt talk about himself so much as he does convey his insights to us

Comprehensive list of techniques: https://sites.google.com/site/psychospiritualtools/Home/meditation-practices

I appreciate criticism!  Be as critical/nitpicky as you like and don't hold your blows

I put @Leo Gura down too. Just dont idolise him.. take the bits you admire.. :-) 

@Extreme Z7

12 hours ago, Extreme Z7 said:

Basically, I really genuinely want to get a better idea as to how he went about doing things to get to where he is today.

You should taste consciousness. It will reveal your eyes.

Edited by tedens

@Leo Gura I keep getting obsessed with you Leo, but then I realise that I have to live my own life and how unhealthy me trying to be someone else is.

Do you not have a favorite Music Producer you admire? Jens Bogren? Max Martin? Andrew Schepps? Any film music producers? 

@Extreme Z7 Just a question: Do you know anyone who has a powerful life purpose (in your eyes) in person?

I didn't find the "research people you admire" exercise terribly emotionally involving (struggled to think of anyone), until I started to notice the (few) people around me who do have a life-purpose like profession or endeavor. 

Edited by Elisabeth

14 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Extreme Z7 Don't get too obsessed with me. It's too incestuous and not healthy. I am not as great as you imagine me to be.

Heh. Good point.

But fortunately, I'm hardly THAT obsessed with you and I recognize that you're not as great as you seem.
(Ironically, that's one of the things I admire about you. That you're just some random dude who likely became and realized God)

You're not going to be my 3rd entry. I'm going to think of someone else preferably in the field of expertise I'm aiming for.

2 hours ago, Elisabeth said:

@Extreme Z7 Just a question: Do you know anyone who has a powerful life purpose (in your eyes) in person?

I didn't find the "research people you admire" exercise terribly emotionally involving (struggled to think of anyone), until I started to notice the (few) people around me who do have a life-purpose like profession or endeavor. 

I live in a small province in the Philippines far away from any scenes where I can easily meet like-minded people. My only choice is to look for them online.

Cant help but be obsessed with the Leonidas from time to time :)

Episode this week for me: Escaping Wage Slavery