Spacious

Jamie Wheal - The Legacy Of Integral

14 posts in this topic

The logos is truth oriented to love, and love is the desire for being to flourish.

Jordan B Peterson

I just finished it. Excellent video and critique of where integral went wrong. 

Fantastic discussion! @Spacious Great share!

"In theory, there is no difference between practice and theory. But in practice there is." -- Yogi Berra

"Be melting snow. Wash yourself of yourself." -- Rumi

Heres another discussion:

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Fantastic discussion! @Spacious Great share!

"In theory, there is no difference between practice and theory. But in practice there is." -- Yogi Berra

His book, Stealing Fire, is a favourite of mine.

The logos is truth oriented to love, and love is the desire for being to flourish.

Jordan B Peterson

@Ero Thank Rebel Wisdom.

Jordan B Peterson

On 4/5/2019 at 1:52 AM, Spacious said:

His book, Stealing Fire, is a favourite of mine.

Really? It's a good book? It seems to have no substance to it.

I don't understand how Jamie is such a brilliant speaker yet his book and some of his talks about "flow" seem to be full of buzz-words yet no substance. What am I missing? It seems very commercialized in that cheesy Tony Robbins vein.

"Be melting snow. Wash yourself of yourself." -- Rumi

Posted (edited)

@Leo Gura . I was impressed by some of Jamie's speeches as well. (I listened to two rebel wisdom talks and one in singularity universe) 

He speaks about transpersonal integration (that of opposing ideas) and picks a lot of the dynamics, present in the psychedelic community. He had a really nice criticism of the finalizing and objectifyng dynamic in spiritual teachers as well.

The buzz - word talks are around when the book is published. I feel he developed in the meantime, cause the rebel wisdom talks are recent. 

I haven't read the book, but it's co-authored by Steven Kotler. I looked at his talks as well, because I thought they would be good, but he's only surface level. That's what I think the problem is. 

Edited by Ero

On 05/04/2019 at 4:23 AM, Leo Gura said:

I dont fully understand the quote can you elaborate...intuitevly there is something there im missing....

Posted (edited)

@NoSelfSelf The practice that the theory supposes should go as the theory predicts. (in a sense theorizing about practice is just theory ") But in reality there are different dynamics taking play that the theory doesn't factor in. Hense a distinction. 

Edited by Ero

@Ero ohh i see tnx that means there has to be always adapting to the situation..

"100% of the force gives you Yoda. 99% of the force gives you Darth Vader."

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

On 4/6/2019 at 1:14 PM, Leo Gura said:

Really? It's a good book? It seems to have no substance to it.

I don't understand how Jamie is such a brilliant speaker yet his book and some of his talks about "flow" seem to be full of buzz-words yet no substance. What am I missing? It seems very commercialized in that cheesy Tony Robbins vein.

It was the experience, it was an activating agent in lighting up the sky, and helping to find my North Star.

Jordan B Peterson