Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Esoteric

Yopo snuff

15 posts in this topic

So I work regularily with rapé tobacco. Various kinds from different tribes. I managed to get ahold of 3 grams of Yopo snuff. It contains 5-meo-dmt which I haven't had the privelige to try yet. Anyone have any experience with this? I know it likely can't compare with the synthesized stuff but still, would be nice with a kick in the good 'ol ego.

I have a wilka snuff, which is related to Yopo. contains Bufo and 5-meo. I've only tried baby amounts because I'm a little scared to get crazy. If I lived alone it would probably be a different story. 

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

50 minutes ago, seeking_brilliance said:

I have a wilka snuff, which is related to Yopo. contains Bufo and 5-meo. I've only tried baby amounts because I'm a little scared to get crazy. If I lived alone it would probably be a different story. 

@seeking_brilliance How were the effects with the baby amounts? Can you give an idea how small amount?

Edited by Esoteric

The suggested dose is a dime size split up for both nostrils, and even that is meant to be a mild dose with little effects, because the snuff is mostly sold as a dreaming aid. I took half of that dose. No effects really, no visuals. I bet if I mixed with pot it would blow me out of the water but I ain't doing that haha

Edited by seeking_brilliance

@Esoteric You're gonna have to snort a massive amount of it to get somewhere deep. Like 1 gram of it. It's gonna be painful, aweful, and gross. But you can do it, as the natives do:

Pure 5-MeO is far, far more pleasant.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura yikes well that's good to know actually. The rapes still probably have benefits at these smaller doses... the site where I bought it claims that it works on the energy body or some such. That's mainly why I bought it, and that it could make dreams more vivid. Then I started reading up on wilka, similar to yopo, and I started getting nervous... 

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Esoteric You're gonna have to snort a massive amount of it to get somewhere deep. Like 1 gram of it. It's gonna be painful, aweful, and gross. But you can do it, as the natives do:

Pure 5-MeO is far, far more pleasant.

@Leo Gura Yeah that's what I figured. I am used to it being painful and gross but tripping on top of that will be an experience. I will probably try it this weekend. Thanks for the vid. Have you worked with rapé, Leo?

2 hours ago, Esoteric said:

Have you worked with rapé, Leo?

Negative

Rapé is a great tool. I personally don’t like to take huge dosages, because it can get extremely unpleasant.

There’s a huge variety of rapés. Yopo is just one type of rapé. Similarly to how there are many different types of cannabis strains, and each has it’s properties.

In my case, I use it to calm down my anxiety, and to help evacuate. 

It’s also a very powerful anti-psychotic. On my most scarry ayahuasca trip ever, where I was going nuts, the only thing that made me go back to Earth was rapé.

It’s also anti-addiction. With it, I was able to stop smoking pot relatively easily.

I am really grateful for this medicine. I use small dosages daily. And a friend of mine will teach me how to make my own rapé. :)

@Leo Gura

Edited by Gabriel Antonio

@Gabriel Antonio I agree. I also use rapé daily and currently using it to try and a heal a cannabis addiction actually. It's also great for clearing blockages. To just sit and focus on the spine. I am blessed to have Aya and rapé enter my life.

Tobacco is addictive though. Some get more addicted than others so I can understand why that can put some people off. I don't have much problem with nicotine addiction though or going off it, thankfully.

12 hours ago, Esoteric said:

To just sit and focus on the spine. I am blessed to have Aya and rapé enter my life.

Tobacco is addictive though. Some get more addicted than others so I can understand why that can put some people off. I don't have much problem with nicotine addiction though or going off it, thankfully.

Yes, since Rape is done with tobacco and for example tree barks is it a great way to root oneself into the present moment. 

I do notice that I am developing a psychological addiction. But it's something manageable. But eventually I want to stop using it.

Well that fucking sucked.

This makes rapé tobacco taste like strawberries. Awful drip. I shouldn't have eaten that falafel. It came up in 3 segments. Next time I will definitely fast prior to taking it. Lots of physical discomfort, pretty strong visuals and no ego dissolution.

It seems to contain way more 5-ho-dmt than DMT and 5-meo-dmt. The real benefits of yopo, for me on first glance, would be working with the physical resistance you encounter. It seemed to be more than both ayahausca and rapé.

@Esoteric Yeah, it's mostly bufotinine which is a weird psychedelic with high body load.

Don't mistake that for pure 5-MeO.

@herghly What do you mean by bufo? This discussion is not about bufo alvarius venom containing 5-MeO-DMT, but yopo snuffs containing 5-HO-DMT, which other name is bufotenin.