Vignan

Afraid of DMT

21 posts in this topic

Recently I have made a decision to use 5 meo and started research. I read many trip reports but I have never saw an actual live trip. So today I found this video on YouTube and now I'm afraid. Please tell me what to do about this?

Edited by Vignan

God is very big! Very, very, very BIG!

Lol

If you plug it rather than smoke it, the experience will be much, much smoother and gentler.

But it will still mindfuck you real good.

Conquering your fear is a major part of this whole process. There cannot be deep awakening without facing your deepest fear of death. Awakening is that which lies beyond death. First you die. Then you see God. Then you laugh.

P.S. I don't think Bufo can be plugged though. That's one of its downsides.

Think of it like going on a big rollercoaster.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

You should be afraid! Taking a breakthrough 5-MeO dose is like placing a gun in your mouth in the movie Inception and believing that you'll exit the dream and wake up.

Of course, if you trip responsibly, you will come back. But if you have this assumption before you trip, you will not be able to fully let go and have a breakthrough. You need to fully be ready to surrender to the experience. 

In hindsight, my 5-MeO solo trip almost felt like an exorcism, because the devil just wouldn't let go. It was scary. But I learnt a lot from it. 

I recommend you to start out with smaller doses of 5-MeO and other psychedelics, and with contemplation and deconstructing your belief structures. But there's nothing that can fully prepare you for a breakthrough dose. Fully letting go is the only way. 

We are enslaved by anything we do not consciously see. We are freed by conscious perception.

- Vernon Howard

59 minutes ago, herghly said:

@Leo Gura Why have you not tried smoking at least once?

I have been meaning to. But plugging has been so incredibly effective and perfect that nothing more could be wanted. At least that's how it feels inside the trip. Outside the trip my mind can come up with all sorts of other stuff to try.

I'm a little wary of smoking because I don't want to blow out my energetic system. Too much 5-MeO too fast does not feel healthy to me.

But I am open to smoking it. In fact I will try Bufo soon.

You should be afraid. I smoked dmt, no breakthrough but I could very quickly tell how "real" it got. It can shatter your whole world. It is life changing. You already know this. And it is why you are scared. You gotta conquer that fear. 

3 hours ago, Vignan said:

Recently I have made a decision to use 5 meo and started research. I read many trip reports but I have never saw an actual live trip. So today I found this video on YouTube and now I'm afraid. Please tell me what to do about this?

I've experienced something like that at my Bufo retreat, you can check my report with Martin Ball commentary on it, can be useful for you.

It's seems kinda normal to be overwhelmed by that, especially at the first time. But! I've saw a lot of guys also who had made it first time and experienced God after the second or the third session. Determination and your background means a lot. I think, the more you are experienced in Love, the easier it'll be to breakthrough. Girls often great at it! They can go full nondual after first session. Your body awareness and relaxation means a lot.

Do not eat at the day of the session, sure yourself that you're in safe and nothing really bad will happen, my Ego love to sneak into that fear - it helps to distract itself from the Truth.

Read Martin Ball book "Enteogenic Liberation" also, it'll help to feel yourself more confident. And also, those who had psychedelics experiences also had more fun. But at the end, if your body needs to be purified from all tension which Ego and Society gifted to you, take it easy and think of it as a great opportunity to be more authenitic-less neurotic.

After my Bufo retreat, where I've unconsciously rolling on the ground and screaming like a beast, I've become more adequate and mature, in some way. 

Edited by Ar_Senses

@Leo Gura Looking forward to hearing your experience with Bufo. 

I don't believe you have worked with a shaman before.  As many of your followers are doing psychedelics with shamans we'd be interesting to hear you experience doing ayahuasca and bufo with a shaman

It doesn't matter what appears, anything can APPEAR, you're not in it. 

In fact you have no control over it, and this is already God. 

Why would you be afraid, and if you are afraid, why would that be a problem? ^^

1 hour ago, AlwaysBeNice said:

It doesn't matter what appears, anything can APPEAR, you're not in it. 

In fact you have no control over it, and this is already God. 

Why would you be afraid, and if you are afraid, why would that be a problem? ^^

That's a good point, but it's definitely not easy to see. You need to be in the right perspective. 
When I did my N,N-DMT trips last year, I was in a very stable consciousness, at least it felt like that. I felt like nothing, however terrifying it would be, could break me. And with "me" I don't mean the psyche. I mean the *whatever* that I am, which is not my psyche or my body. 

This gave me tons of confidence which was more than needed to be brave enough to go into the DMT experience again and again. Damn was this world shattering. But since I didn't really identify with any phenomena, it was okay. It was bad, terrifying, beautiful, extremely confusing and intense. But it was just what it was, just fleeting phenomena. It's not easy to stay in this awareness during the trip.

And as a word of caution to others and myself - it can be dangerous because at some point I felt the desire to "challenge my psyche/ego until it finally breaks". And I sensed, although it was exactly what I needed at that time, that this was the destructive tendency of the ego. Crazily so, as on a self-destruction mission. "Is this an intuition of my higher self?" I asked myself. That's so hard to say, especially between back to back sessions. Are you just not brave enough or are you being self destructive now? And if I weren't careful, I would really go mad by doing DMT too much, I thought. It's super tricky. But then again I always fear not being brave enough and finding reasons not to trip again, especially with DMT. 

So to be careful and responsible I took a step back and I stopped for 4 months. Now I'll start diving in again.

Well you get a free dmt/5-meo-dmt opportunity every night you know

Ok when afraid to do something, find someone you look upto, (if you have realized Self logically or truly, realize your idol and you are the same thing, ergo same "person) and adopt their mindset to life. Would, as an example "Tony Robbins" be afraid of doing that DMT hit? Or Leo Gura?

Then enjoy it, reflecting that you have the opportunity to do some lovely 5meo when other people cannot find a good source of it.

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I have been meaning to. But plugging has been so incredibly effective and perfect that nothing more could be wanted. At least that's how it feels inside the trip. Outside the trip my mind can come up with all sorts of other stuff to try.

I'm a little wary of smoking because I don't want to blow out my energetic system. Too much 5-MeO too fast does not feel healthy to me.

But I am open to smoking it. In fact I will try Bufo soon.

Looking forward to your smoking experience and comparison :) 

13 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Conquering your fear is a major part of this whole process. There cannot be deep awakening without facing your deepest fear of death. Awakening is that which lies beyond death. First you die. Then you see God. Then you laugh.

Does a thinker experience thoughts, or does thought experience a thinker?

Does an "I" have fear, or does fear conjure an "I"?

Are fear and that-which-fears two different and separate things? Or one and the same thing-activity?

Edited by robdl

11 hours ago, herghly said:

@Leo Gura Looking forward to hearing your experience with Bufo. 

I don't believe you have worked with a shaman before.  As many of your followers are doing psychedelics with shamans we'd be interesting to hear you experience doing ayahuasca and bufo with a shaman

I won't be doing it with a shaman.

I am my own shaman ;) I don't need a middleman between myself and God.

6 hours ago, thesmileyone said:

Would, as an example "Tony Robbins" be afraid of doing that DMT hit? Or Leo Gura?

I am still always a bit anxious before doing a hit. Because I understand the power of it and a little anxiety is good, it humbles the ego. You need to respect these powerful substances because they can easily kick your ass if you get too cocky and casual. Respect psychedelics like a loaded gun.

5 hours ago, thesmileyone said:

That is interesting. I assumed Bufo needs to be vaporized because it is not pure 5-MeO and contains toxins. Not sure if I want to stick those toxins up my butt. During vaporization the bufotenine and toxins are supposed to be burned off.

But I'll probably try plugging it just to see what happens.

Bufotenine is not a pleasant psychedelic to take. It has high body load and weird physiological effects. It's going to taint the pure 5-MeO experience. I'm just not sure by how much. Maybe by a little, maybe by a lot.

My ultimate goal is to compare synthetic and natural versions of 5-MeO to see which one is best for consciousness work.