Nivsch

Sometimes i CANT do any method at all

5 posts in this topic

Especially when i am with people and suddenly the anxiety appears (not because of them but because other themes that i have fears or obssesive thoughts from - fear of flying for example) and then i try to do the awareness method or "do nothing" method and nothing happen. My mind is so noisy so i cannot even do the "do nothing" or "accept" the emotion, and i feel extremely lost in that moment. my brain is so overwhelmed and cannot do any technique at all! And it just make my anxiety worse. What can i do in this situations? What helps you from your experience? Thank you

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF. Israelis here? Let me know!

You can not stop the mind, using the mind. When the mind is overwhelmed, it is always talking about you in correlation to the situation. Then the natural instinct is to resist the feeling that comes with the situation, which as you said only creates more suffering. You can not DO nothing and the acceptance has to be deeper that the mind trying to get rid of the feelings. In situations where your mind is overwhelmed it is because all of your attention is on it. You are fuelling the mind by giving it so much attention. But don't think too much about this when it's happening, because then you'll just be frustrated that you can't get your attention of your mind haha. Although in my experience it helps to realize that your attention is on the mind at that moment. This creates a small distance. Then realize that the mind is just rambling about all sort of shit, and that you believe everything that it is saying. See that the mind is occuring in you and therefore can't be you. This creates a bigger distance between you and your mind, if it clicks, and will therefore instantly ease up your emotional state. This requires a lot of awareness though, and can be very frustrating when it doesn't "click." But observe the frustration too. 

If you feel like your mind is like that, it's ok. Many people actually experience the same. Techniques aren't totally necessary in the beginning at least. Just see that stuff is going on

Thank you for your answers :)

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF. Israelis here? Let me know!

You’re trying to control. Stop that. There’s noone in control. 

If you want a technique then focus on the sensations of your body. Anxiety and nervousness mostly reside in the stomach and heart area. Whenever you feel overwhelmed go into your body. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!