Viking

How to does a person deal with voices?

7 posts in this topic

I interacted with a few people who told me that they heared thoughts that didnt feel like it was their thoughts, involuntary thoughts. they came off plants, objects, other people, etc. it usually happened during a psychedelic trip or after a trip and various meditations.

One interpretation of it, is that one reaches high enough level of consciousness to "hear" objects, etc. This possibility is possible, but not probably in my opinion. The much more probable explanation is that the mind stopped identifying with certain thoughts, but thoughts involuntarily keep coming. In my opinion it's a brain malfunction as a result of doing things which are against its nature, like psychedelics and certain meditations. This becomes a problem, because in some sense, we can control the thoughts, in daily ordinary consciousness at least. I feel like I can stop thinking for a few seconds if I will to. Those thoughts are intrusive and are interrupting daily life, because they take much more attention than ordinary thoughts. Also those thoughts are often presenting ideas which are delusional.

I wonder, if I had that problem as a result of taking psychedelics, as I see it as a common occurrence, how could i possible deal with that aside from letting them be and ignoring them? a person i talked to takes psychiatric drugs to calm these thoughts.

3 hours ago, Viking said:

In my opinion it's a brain malfunction as a result of doing things which are against its nature, like psychedelics and certain meditations.

What is nature?

Imagine if everyone else hears voices in their heads except that one person.

If he came and said: they're not voices mere thoughts, they'd definitely send him to psychotherapy.

I think it might be misunderstanding from their part, you can reach state where you are so divided from your thoughts that they are appear as some next to you would be talking,  or even both observer and "ego " having their own conversation. 

11 hours ago, Truth Addict said:

What is nature?

Imagine if everyone else hears voices in their heads except that one person.

If he came and said: they're not voices mere thoughts, they'd definitely send him to psychotherapy.

by nature i mean evolution. sure it's not accurate 100% but it explains a lot of things.

it's not accidental that the brain is in the way it is right now. it's true that it has great elasticity, but that elasticity is limited in time. if too much change occurs in a too short period of time, it might damage it. 

also it's important what the status quo is, because you originate from that status quo, and if something radical happens to you, of course it would scare the shit out of you and you wont be able to handle it well. 

@Viking

The problem is that we don't know what is natural. What should and shouldn't be.

Consider that also some people are born naturally with what we conventionally call "abnormal" just because we assume that the status quo is whats normal, while in fact according to your definition, everything is a part of the evolutionary process.

Also consider that we have no clue what might damage the brain, we have some data statistics of course, but we can't be 100% sure.

And even if one is cautious 24/7, that wouldn't prevent a traumatic injury to the brain.

So, I don't know, maybe brains have to evolve quickly in order for the whole world to be good.

I trust God's design ?

Edited by Truth Addict