Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MM1988

Yoga and Masturbation - yes or no?

31 posts in this topic

If I remember correctly, Lahiri Mahasaya (famous kriya yogi) has been recommending having a coitus only once or twice a month, not more.

So sex seems not to be a deal-breaker, but still, less frequently = better.

What about people who are in loving healthy relationships?

sex 1-2 months a month will not sustain a relationship

1 hour ago, herghly said:

What about people who are in loving healthy relationships?

sex 1-2 months a month will not sustain a relationship

Train your kegel muscles and keep your semen in, have sex as often as you like :) 
Or as in tantra, don't aim for orgasm. Aim for 3 hours of ongoing arousal, it's possible!

I've been experimenting with this myself and I'll tell you, masturbation without ejaculating is the best kind. And a great spiritual tool. 
NoFap never worked for me, until I just decided to keep on masturbating. Now I'm two months in, and it feels like I could keep doing this forever.

There's a lot to explore with sexual energy and yoga. If you are able to. There's nothing more empowering than being able to transcend the need for orgasm. That's where real orgasm begins.

Full inner body orgasms are amazing. But it can't happen when the mind is so god damn needy. Keep masturbating consciously and see how much the mind is trying to get somewhere. And then simultaneously let go of that. It's actually the same as meditating, but it feels so damn good that you'll want to keep doing it for hours. That's why it's so powerful.

@DoubleYou What approach are you using to do so? I heard someone regarding it as a tantric practice recommend to go up to about 70%, then stop and wait for a while. Then repeat. No release at any point of course. Then there is Mantak Chia with the same approach, but practically using Mula Bandha to send energy up the spine when at 70/80/whatever percent. It's effectively how you go about tantric sex as well (at least that's how I understood it so far).

Experimented with that masturbation technique as well and found it extremely satisfying and energizing and I became more present as well. 

But right now I first want to completely rewire my brain from all the shit I strained it with all those years before I try that again. 

11 minutes ago, peanutspathtotruth said:

@DoubleYou What approach are you using to do so? I heard someone regarding it as a tantric practice recommend to go up to about 70%, then stop and wait for a while. Then repeat. No release at any point of course. Then there is Mantak Chia with the same approach, but practically using Mula Bandha to send energy up the spine when at 70/80/whatever percent. It's effectively how you go about tantric sex as well (at least that's how I understood it so far).

Experimented with that masturbation technique as well and found it extremely satisfying and energizing and I became more present as well. 

But right now I first want to completely rewire my brain from all the shit I strained it with all those years before I try that again. 

To be honest I like to go to as close to 99% as I can. But yes, that's where it can get pretty hard. (pun intended)
I've always had a lot of resistance in my body and I found that it really helps me focus on letting go when I'm in that intense state. It's quite ecstatic.

Mantak Chia sounds like something that happened to me a couple of weeks ago. After a long while I was able to completely let go, and suddenly energy started pouring from my spine all the way up to my head and all the way down to my feet and back again. It was this kind of circular motion happening all through my body and I couldn't stop moving. It was really intense and beautiful. I'm no expert but I would guess that was kundalini. Felt it for days. The best way I can describe it is that the energy felt 'invisible.' As in, I couldn't feel any physical energy, but it made me move nonetheless. Pretty great. And for the first time in years I was able to let go of my back pain. That's when I fell in love with these kind of practices.

On 03/04/2019 at 11:46 AM, Leo Gura said:

@now is forever You're not going to awaken through sex. It's a cute idea but it doesn't work in practice.

But you said that yourself. 26:46.

Did you change your mind?

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

On 4/1/2019 at 5:54 PM, Jkris said:

@MM1988 

Once it becomes a habit of not indulging that craving will never come. 

Very powerful advice <3

2 hours ago, How to be wise said:

But you said that yourself. 26:46.

Did you change your mind?

My understanding is always evolving and getting refined.

I change my mind about stuff on a weekly basis. I could have a whole separate channel on all the ways I change my mind.

I need to start keeping a change log, Lol.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.