your view on this.

sugar life ?

no clouds, no sky

It's definitely addictive like a drug.

Hard times create strong men. 
Strong men create good times. 
Good times create weak men.
Weak men create hard times.

Not only highly addictive, but diminishes clarity, causes inflammation in the body, and fuels overthinking.  Not to mention puts on weight. Sugar has the ability to mess a person up on so many fronts, that one would struggle to realize it is the sugar. Thinking misses this and projects all over the place. Or, one projects onto oneself, internalizes, not knowing the “short comings” are not really short comings of the person at all, but just what it’s like to be a person addicted to sugar. Quitting sugar was possibly the biggest game changer in my life. 

Nonduality & Meditations         

Empty your head, fulfill your heart       

@Nahm I'm really curious about this one, especially because I don't perceive/I'm not aware of these effects on my body and mental state.

What exactly do you mean by sugar? Do you limit this category to disaccharides and monosaccharides like sucrose, glucose and fructose that are added to processed foods or do you expand it the more complex carbs contained in whole grains and potatoes?

What kind of food did you quit that caused your mental clarity to diminish?

@Waves 

Yes, all additives, sugars, complex carbs, pretty much all preservatives. Night & day difference for the body, clarity, energy, etc. Everybody’s a one off though, you’d have to try it and see.  

Nonduality & Meditations         

Posted (edited)

S.C.A.T - Sugar, Coffee, Alcohol, Tobacco -

On a Spiritual Note: Worst things in the world for being self-aware/conscious. They will numb you out/desensitize you and severely disrupt your physical vessel thus connection to spirit becomes extremely challenging to maintain and be aware of on a daily basis.

We shouln't have to do strong psychedelics to help us remember and become aware, we should be aware of those deeper insights and universal truths all the time but the chemicals in our food, water, air supply paired with technological bombardment/frequencies and Unnatural, disharmonious EM waves send all of us out of whack until we actually start doing something about it.

https://mic.com/articles/88015/what-happens-to-your-brain-on-sugar-explained-by-science#.gbfYsZ4ko

I learned about most of the things people talk about here many years ago and if i didn't do something about it back then, i wouldn't be where i am today and provide all these knowledge for others.

Take the step of change now and later you will be grateful because you will be ahead and you will also be able to help thousands of others who become aware much later and they will carry on the wave as you move onto your next phase :)

Edited by pluto

Oneness

Well first define drug. When people say drug they either mean medical substances or recreational psychoactive substances. Perhaps narcotic would be better for the latter. 

The dictionary definition of "a medicine or other substance which has a physiological effect when ingested or otherwise introduced into the body." is pretty vague. 

thanks for all your replies.

I'll try to cut it at the maxi, but sugar has never been my thing even as a kid

no clouds, no sky

someone posted this a while back and I'm still shocked, I mean I knew sugar was bad but not to this level.

I quit caffeine just fine but sugar is my main addiction, along with social media.

@Nahm any tips nahm? as a child I used to eat so much sugar, like Tom Campbell said, I dont even know who I am without sugar, I'm having serious sinus problems that for sure is related.

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." Shakespeare

@pluto quit all of them, alcohol, nicotine and caffeine, but sugar is just soooooo hard. I was looking for something to help, a supplement, I've found chromium but not sure if it's doing anything. I know it sounds silly, it's just a choice and that I need to be conscious but man it's an addiction just like heroine, I really really want to overcome that. It's also socially acceptable, which makes it even harder. How did you do it? 

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." Shakespeare

@MsNobody Eat fruit instead, at the time of day you typically eat sugar. Honey is good to. High % chocolate. 

Nonduality & Meditations         

Most health problems come from being obese. Sugar doesn't make you fat; over-eating makes you fat. All of these diets out there and claims that this or that food is bad for you, is just nonsense.

Sugar raises insulin way faster than say a sweet potatoes, but both will turn into glucose regardless of their speed of absorption.

High insulin doesn't' matter if you're body is burning off all calories and leaving none to be stored as fat.

Low insulin won't matter, if you're eating too many calories storing them as fat.

If you like sugar, eat it, but keep in mind that its caloric price is high and it isn't quite filling at all.

I use Truvia in my coffee because it is like 300x sweeter and is an natural plant extract with zero calories.

But always you'll see some 'natural health' website condemning everything without providing meta analyses. You'll always see a nutrition expert say "don't eat this food group", and then another saying the opposite, both showing clients who are healthy.

the reason why sugar is addicting is because the brain prefers glucose as fuel... you're giving it crack basically, as fast as it wants, and tons of it.

@MsNobody I've just started chromium. Didn't you see a difference no? 

Also @Aeris yes sugar is so unbelievably sneaky. Try completely quitting it, it's so tough 😂 (including sugars hidden in foods and sauces etc) 

Sugar is such an addictive drug that you would literally die without it. Even if you go full keto, your body will switch to produce sugar endogenously in order to keep your brain alive.

Don't demonize sugar, just be balanced about it. Avoid processed and sugary foods, they are super unhealthy. Most people consume way too much sugar and other simple carbs for their inactive lifestyles, resulting in obesity, cardiovascular disease, diabetes and so on.

Sugars are present in all kinds of healthful whole foods like fruits, vegetables, seeds. It's not the sugars that are the problem per se, but the way and quantity that we consume them in.

19 hours ago, Angelo John Gage said:

the reason why sugar is addicting is because the brain prefers glucose as fuel... you're giving it crack basically, as fast as it wants, and tons of it.

Your brain doesn't just prefer glucose as fuel, it's the only fuel your brain can use.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

Yeah it’s a drug and should be treated like a drug.  

Prove it.  Don't just talk about it -- do it!

"To know and not to do, is really not to know" -- Stephen Covey

"Morality is an abdication of the Will to Live" -- Friedrich Nietzsche

On 3/31/2019 at 10:08 PM, pluto said:

S.C.A.T - Sugar, Coffee, Alcohol, Tobacco -

On a Spiritual Note: Worst things in the world for being self-aware/conscious. They will numb you out/desensitize you and severely disrupt your physical vessel thus connection to spirit becomes extremely challenging to maintain and be aware of on a daily basis.

We shouln't have to do strong psychedelics to help us remember and become aware, we should be aware of those deeper insights and universal truths all the time but the chemicals in our food, water, air supply paired with technological bombardment/frequencies and Unnatural, disharmonious EM waves send all of us out of whack until we actually start doing something about it.

https://mic.com/articles/88015/what-happens-to-your-brain-on-sugar-explained-by-science#.gbfYsZ4ko

I learned about most of the things people talk about here many years ago and if i didn't do something about it back then, i wouldn't be where i am today and provide all these knowledge for others.

Take the step of change now and later you will be grateful because you will be ahead and you will also be able to help thousands of others who become aware much later and they will carry on the wave as you move onto your next phase :)

✊🏼

Nonduality & Meditations         

What negative effect has sugar on your body, that is different from carbs?