Manjushri

Can't cope with the loss of music ideas on an SD card

7 posts in this topic

It didn't save on a cloud. I lost the card. It's gone. Half of the music ideas I have scribbled down on a paper, even though that doesn't have the sound of it. I lost the most creative part of my life yet. I didn't even care about making it into music, because I was so creative that I was just spilling music ideas all over the place. All gone. Hurts so much to the point of screaming even 3 months later. What do you do about this?

It was a divine state of creativity just making and making and making music. I can't replicate that now. All the original ideas just down the drain.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

Don't replicate. Don't try to make up for what you lost. Make something different. The universe is different from how it was when you created that work, so the work also has to be different now. You are also different now.

Sucks that you lost the product of being in that creative mode, but don't miss the point here: the creative mode is an end in itself. Get in the creative mode to be in the creative mode.

Dude. dont worry. creativity is infinite. start fresh! what you lost was just practice, the real good stuff is about to begin:)

Dont look at me! Look inside!

looks like you inadvertently did the same thing as these Tibetan monks... 

Edited by montecristo

‘The water in which the mystic swims is the water in which a madman drowns. --Joseph Campbell

On 3/31/2019 at 7:28 PM, Manjushri said:

I didn't even care about making it into music, because I was so creative that I was just spilling music ideas all over the place. 

It was a divine state of creativity just making and making and making music.

Let's say that the SD was not corrupt/lost and you now decided to create all the music that was in it and publish it. You would like to create more music, right? Where would that music come from? 

You are sill there so the divine state of creativity is still there. You have blocked yourself. You conceptualized that SD card as being your whole inspiration.

The muse is always there to bring you the best ideas. Now you believe that you can't and it is manifested that way. Can't be otherwise

Let the loss back, believe that you have it, and it ll come again. 

Here 's a little story to cheer you up:

Jesus and Satan have an argument as to who is the better programmer. This goes on for a few hours until they agree to hold a contest with God as the judge.

They set themselves in a room before their computers and begin. They type furiously for several hours, thousands lines of code streaming up the screen.

Seconds before the end, a bolt of lightning struck taking out the electricity. Moments later, the power is restored, and God announces that the contest is over. He asks Satan to show what he has come up with.

Satan is visibly upset and cries to his screen that has only the cursor blinking, "I have nothing! I lost it all when the power went out."

"Very well, then," says God, "let us see if Jesus fared any better."

Jesus enters a command, and the screen comes to life in vivid display, images of unimaginable beauty unfold, the voices of an angelic choir pour forth from the speakers.

Satan is astonished. He stutters, "But how?! I lost everything, yet
Jesus' program is intact! How did he do it?!"

God chuckles, "Jesus saves."

(in your case, backs up) :D