Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SQAAD

Why would Leo Buy his new white t-shirt from a sweatshop?

35 posts in this topic

Leo i admire your work and i have been watching you for years BUT why would you buy a t-shirt that you know was produced from a sweatshop?

Aren't you contributing to evil that way? Like you talked about in your video about the Devil and the Mechanics of evil. This is not a criticism. But i just would like to hear an answer/explanation. 

Also in your blog your wrote about 29 days of consciousness work. But in the video you released you talk about 30 days...

Edited by SQAAD

God is just sustaining his own 'perfectest' creations ;)

And even God needs a holiday at least once a month ffs!!! 

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

Lol if one was that neurotic all day about contributing to "evil" then one couldn't practically live in the world.

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<

25 minutes ago, Adam M said:

Lol if one was that neurotic all day about contributing to "evil" then one couldn't practically live in the world.

You dont have to be neurotic to not buy sweatshop labor clothing. It’s actually not that difficult to avoid. But society loves to bury their heads in the sand with these things, Leo included. Who cares if reality is perfect right? 

Dont you think the issue is more that there are citizens who feel like their only choice of employment is a sweatshop, and not so much Leo buying a shirt.  I mean atleast it's a sweatshop that is making some money

Comprehensive list of techniques: https://sites.google.com/site/psychospiritualtools/Home/meditation-practices

I appreciate criticism!  Be as critical/nitpicky as you like and don't hold your blows

I would be more concerned by the fact that it is white and not black.

He clearly lost it ...

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@zambize There are many issues involved and it's quite complicated stuff. Yeah it's a sweatshop that is making some money exploiting other human beings. Maybe if we take responsibility ourselves and don't support these type of businesses our world will change for the better.

I just would expect someone conscious like Leo to make a better decision when buying his new t-shirt. It goes contrary to his teachings. 

And yes i know that it's IMPOSSIBLE to NOT contribute to evil nowadays in one way or another BUT at least we can do our best.

Edited by SQAAD

Just now, SQAAD said:

@zambize There are many issues involved and it's quite complicated. Yeah it's a sweatshop that is making some money exploiting other human beings. Maybe if we take responsibility ourselves and don't support these type of business our world will change for the better.

Maybe, and maybe the sweatshop was the only form of employment and not buying its products would cause it to shut down and those families could potentially starve if that was the only employment option.  I'm not sure it works that way, but these things are often more complicated 

Comprehensive list of techniques: https://sites.google.com/site/psychospiritualtools/Home/meditation-practices

I appreciate criticism!  Be as critical/nitpicky as you like and don't hold your blows

It’s a complex, multi faceted issue.

As long as the demand for cheap clothing and fast fashion remains, the finacial incentives for real change in these 3rd world countries wont be there. There are many variables that have to shift in order for sweatshop labor to be eradicated. This applies to things such as veganism as well.

We shouldn’t underestiamte the power we have as am individual though. There is something to be said for the power of principles and small acts slowly rippling, one day building into waves. It starts with the individual. All great change has started with individuals, a small group standing up against whatever societal homeostasis is currently reigning. 

This perspective is easily lost when we’re swept away by the perfection of reality though. However, ignoring this issue further propagates our collective shadow and ego. Whatever action we take, if our goal is self realization, we must act fully and consciously. For me, sweatshop labor does not align with my authentic energy, or “karma” if you will. Hard to explain exactly what I mean here with words.

Well, how else would the poor woman in Bangladesh keep her job?

Unless we improve the economy of that country and the literacy rate, people like her will have to work at sweatshops in order to support their families. Their very livelihood is predicated on the difference in the value of a dollar and a taka. Maybe you'll improve things in the long run, but today, one person will have to go to bed hungry, because you wanted Leo to be nice, hurray!

We are enslaved by anything we do not consciously see. We are freed by conscious perception.

- Vernon Howard

1 minute ago, legendary said:

Well, how else would the poor woman in Bangladesh keep her job?

Unless we improve the economy of that country and the literacy rate, people like her will have to work at sweatshops in order to support their families. Their very livelihood is predicated on the difference in the value of a dollar and a taka. Maybe you'll improve things in the long run, but today, one person will have to go to bed hungry, because you wanted Leo to be nice, hurray!

The demand for new clothing sources has to rise. As it rises, new business models in these countries will as well. Doing nothing is useless though. Ignoring the issue is useless. 

21 minutes ago, Consilience said:

We shouldn’t underestiamte the power we have as am individual though. There is something to be said for the power of principles and small acts slowly rippling, one day building into waves.

Let's say 150 people view this thread and contemplate about their actions, and out of those, say 20 people stop buying clothes from sweatshops. Looks like Leo's act proved to be Good afterall. 

God works in mysterious ways ?

We are enslaved by anything we do not consciously see. We are freed by conscious perception.

- Vernon Howard

1 minute ago, legendary said:

Let's say 150 people view this thread and contemplate about their actions, and out of those, say 20 people stop buying clothes from sweatshops. Looks like Leo's act proved to be Good afterall. 

Proof that God fucks up so that it can unfuck the situation! 

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

3 minutes ago, legendary said:

Very true!

Personally, I don't like to be forced to work nor like to work all too much, so I live minimalist style. 

But as far as buying clothes from sweatshops, don't these people simply choose to work there for crappy pay? Why is it the westerner's fault if he buys it if they agree to it? 

I don't really see the fault here. 

1 hour ago, AlwaysBeNice said:

Personally, I don't like to be forced to work nor like to work all too much, so I live minimalist style. 

But as far as buying clothes from sweatshops, don't these people simply choose to work there for crappy pay? Why is it the westerner's fault if he buys it if they agree to it? 

I don't really see the fault here. 

They have no choice. The availability of jobs is scarse. It’s either work for true slave wages or go hungry. Hence why the demand for ethical clothing needs ro rise, so new businesses can come in and fill the new niches. This is the transition from orange to green. 

If you dont see the harm in supporting 3rd world wage slavery, you are being myopic. 

Edit: also ironic given your forum name ?

Edited by Consilience

11 minutes ago, Consilience said:

They have no choice. The availability of jobs is scarse. It’s either work for true slave wages or go hungry. Hence why the demand for ethical clothing needs ro rise, so new businesses can come in and fill the new niches. This is the transition from orange to green. 

If you dont see the harm in supporting 3rd world wage slavery, you are being myopic. 

Edit: also ironic given your forum name ?

Why start of dishonest by saying it's slavery? They choose to do work, they could go on a strike and demand more money, the situation may not be pretty but it's not enslaving someone as we know that term; capturing people and forcing them to do stuff for you or you kill them.

But why would they go hungry? Their climate / land isn't able to create enough food for them? 

Edited by AlwaysBeNice

@AlwaysBeNice

59 minutes ago, AlwaysBeNice said:

But why would they go hungry? Their climate / land isn't able to create enough food for them? 

What part of the world do you live? 

It's not like they agree to getting paid 1dollar a day and working 12 hours a day. It's more of that they have no alternative.They have no another choice.

Almost all  jobs in their countries will pay them as little as possible and exploit them. 

And of course the westerners buyers contribute to this whole thing unless you want to hide your head in the sand and pretend like it's all their fault because somehow they "choose" it.

The only choice these people make is not to starve to death.  

Sometimes it's either you work as a wage slave getting paid minimum wage or you go hungry and homeless. The whole capitalist system hinges upon exploiting poor people who have no alternatives. It's a pyramid!

In western countries it's the same thing. Unless you have many resources (you're rich) then inevitably you become a wage slave working for someone else with bigger power than you. Of course you can start a business of your own. That's a possibility.

But you need to acquire capital first.

Edited by SQAAD

@AlwaysBeNice

A fella from Bangladesh here.

Do some research and you'll find that Bangladesh was one of the top 5 countries which created the maximum opportunity for the rich to become richer last year. At what cost? The cost is that the poor are getting poorer.

You'll find few countries in the world with this much income inequality. Even the rich people in 1st world countries don't have that much leeway to get richer.

Every sector from banks, industries and business is being more and more monopolized by the day. So the consequence of that is over 95% jobs are skewing towards wage slavery. This is becoming the only way to earn and live in a capitalistic society. 

The exploitation has been so easy on top of that due to the fact that almost all people of Bangladesh are in low stage blue. They don't even realize what precarious situation they are in. Working 15 hours a day at sweatshops has become the norm here. No one even bats an eye.

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''