tecladocasio

How deluded Leo is ?

405 posts in this topic

@Serotoninluv Going back to the original (the first) edit you made. Yes I am comfortable with those edits, but "I" doesn't really occur within 'my' experience like before. That is to say, there is no personal ownership of experience. 

27 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

It's interesting to me that in Leo's earlier videos he seems to be against religion -- yet now he seems to have turned religious.  It's almost like he's always secretly wanted religion and has now found it.

Yes I’ve been through these phases too (if I should even call them that). More like perspectives and understanding. 

Personally I think necessary and unavoidable and probably stemming from long held beliefs relating to god and religion as an atheist or agnostic (whatever he was) 

rhe important thing i noticed is his strong will to never settle or stop questioning which has ultimately created for him, tremendous psychological growth, wisdom and success. He seems to be coming into his surrendering and happiness phase, im guessing. Or merely figuring out the balancing act 

2 minutes ago, Preetom said:

Q: How deluded is Leo?

A: As deluded as the one who sees Leo :ph34r:

H: everyone only looks at q while no one knows b

8 minutes ago, FoxFoxFox said:

@Serotoninluv Going back to the original (the first) edit you made. Yes I am comfortable with those edits, but "I" doesn't really occur within 'my' experience like before. That is to say, there is no personal ownership of experience. 

@FoxFoxFox You seem identified though and not open to going into subtle distinctions in which Serotoninluv is trying to indicate.

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

@Zigzag Idiot

The English language is based upon identification. 

Like I said, the words flow by themselves, if you want to put that way. There is no writer, only the appearance of one to the readers.

He began his critique by saying that "You seem to believe" in what you say. I don't believe in anything. The "I" is in the mind. It appears out of nowhere and goes back into the void. This is 'my' experience. There is not even a witness. 

Just now, FoxFoxFox said:

@Zigzag Idiot

The English language is based upon identification. 

Like I said, the words flow by themselves, if you want to put that way. There is no writer, only the appearance of one to the readers.

He began his critique by saying that "You seem to believe" in what you say. I don't believe in anything. The "I" is in the mind. It appears out of nowhere and goes back into the void. This is 'my' experience. There is not even a witness. 

Why is it selective to English? Language is identification.

This is getting old my man, consider putting the mic down and doing something enjoyable that doesn't pertain to trying to out-intellectualize every person who doesn't agree with you.

1 hour ago, Joseph Maynor said:

It's interesting to me that in Leo's earlier videos he seems to be against religion -- yet now he seems to have turned religious.  It's almost like he's always secretly wanted religion and has now found it.

All main stream religions emerge from the absolute truth even though it is hard to recognise that after thousends of years ego-hijacking.

3 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I see religions as an optional preliminary stage on the Path.

interesting model you've got there

1 hour ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Hey Mandy.  I think it depends on what a particular Ego-Mind needs to go through on the Path.  I know the pendulum of my Ego-Mind swung into and out of many systems on the Path (including religion and thinking I was God), consuming and then ultimately getting its fill and then transcending each of them.  All that is recorded in my 13 Journals except for the religion phase which came and went before I started my Journal Vol. 1.  Also, what I find concerning is Leo's view very seldom changes whereas my experience on the Path was views that were constantly shifting and changing when I was clinging to thoughts.  Leo seem to be white-knuckle clinging to his singular, unchanging view for dear life at all costs like a captain going down with his own ship.  Not trying to be a d*ck about this either, just an observation.  I think Leo is somehow very invested in his view that he's built up for himself, it's serving him somehow.  It's protecting something for him.  And until he unlocks that and deals with that, he's not gonna release his rationalization that holds it all together for him.  It's been instructive for me to watch Leo go through all this since I've been following him since the summer of 2014.  I also consider Leo as someone I care for dearly like a friend, although we've never met in person.  

I feel the same way. :x

I has honored/cursed with the experience of being completely immersed in the disasters of fundamental Christianity from a very young age. I spent my entire childhood trying to reconcile the things from Jesus that hit home and the experiences of God I knew were real when I spent time in nature, and all the dogma I was fed as truth. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@Omni An identified butthurt ego would tell you to fuck off :P

Be mindful of the effect your words have on other people, sometimes being harsh is necessary, and sometimes it's a projection of deep-seated anger. 

@Joseph Maynor

I did all this work so that I could forgive Christians and be grateful for those experiences but I still can't forgive people for holding on to dogma in this community. Including myself.

OH SAVE ME JESUS. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Ahahahaha

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

How about instead of talking about religion, or becoming religious fanatic you make topic about what was good about video, because there were some things that most of you could really appreciate! :D 

5 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

The Ego-Mind will rationalize a web of conceptual ideology to make it feel safe and like it knows basically -- to make it feel like it knows the will, motive, and intent of that which it sees as a means to protect itself from uncertainty and from randomness.  But this is like building a house on a foundation of sand.

But Jesus said I could be wise and build my house upon the rock instead of sand. 

SO WHERE'S THE GODDAMN ROCK PEOPLE? YOU SAID YOU THERE WAS A ROCK. 

Edited by mandyjw

2 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

The only rock is acceptance of change and transcendence of the Ego-Mind so that you don't mindfucked by the Ego pretending that it's safe.

Jesus Joseph, you still expect 'other people' to get it?
Man you're tough. A rock one could say.

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

Mental scaffolding people, mental scaffolding. 

The mental scaffolding is not it 

1 minute ago, tsuki said:

Jesus Joseph, you still expect 'other people' to get it?

Joseph = Jesus. Got it. Jesus Joseph, did you know that you are your own Father? 

9 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

SO WHERE'S THE GODDAMN ROCK PEOPLE? YOU SAID YOU THERE WAS A ROCK. 

@mandyjw I think I found you a rock Mandy.

5 minutes ago, David Hammond said:

@mandyjw Holding onto dogma is what the mind does. The mind creates the world and the ego. There is no end to the process of creation. Dogmas are not consciously let go of because the entity attempting to let go of one dogma will immediately grasp at another dogma. This is the nature of the mind - so there is nothing to forgive, it's an innocent process that is just happening. Nothing can stop it. Just seeing it for what it is and enjoying it is enough in my opinion.

I know, one must learn to loving that groundless feeling. But we're constantly getting bored with it, trying to understand it, coming here to discuss it knowing that everything we say isn't it, pointing out that fact whenever anyone else does the same thing and getting into fights.

Over and over and over. We might as well admit that we just really, really enjoy fighting with each other.