Seiden

Q on Solipsism

11 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, I’m glad that Leo is back!

These days I been really thinking about solipsism and wanted to know what you think about it.

Assuming that Leo is not believing but experienced Solipsism and teaches us about it, what are your views on it?

Do you just take it for greanted, or theres doubts about it in you?

For me, I’ve had really crazy experiences on how just changing my mind had changed my perception on reallity or the “outside world” and even how “people” change their behaviour around me.

I’ve been studying ACIM for a long time now, and can see how it really changes the sorroundings, so just a simple question.

Hope you’re having a great day thank you.

Edited by Seiden

Had an scary solipsism experience on LSD, were it seemed to me that all of existence was conspiering to create that moment that I experienced at that time. My mind got tangeled up with verbaly questioning if this was true, which got me stuck in a loop of  compulsive questioning for 2 hours or so. This experience showed me clearly the limited of verbal tought, language and conceptiualizing.

Edited by Alex

I view it as one of end of a paradoxical truth. The other end is something like the feeling when you look up into the stars and contemplate how very insignificant you are. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

8 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

The other end is something like the feeling when you look up into the stars and contemplate how very insignificant you are. 

And then you merge.

14 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

I view it as one of end of a paradoxical truth. The other end is something like the feeling when you look up into the stars and contemplate how very insignificant you are. 

You're the only person I've ever seen on here that has a full appreciation of thinking in terms of paradox.  People give lip service to paradox, sure -- but they don't live it, not really; it's not part of their day to day thinking.  This is like music to my eyes.  I can't quite believe it.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

8 hours ago, mandyjw said:

8 hours ago, cetus56 said:

And then you merge.

Nailed it. 

18 hours ago, Seiden said:

Do you just take it for granted, or there's doubts about it in you?

It's a conceptual system, within thought. If there is thought, there's doubt.
Ultimately, it has to crumble down to silence. There are no doubts within silence.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

2 minutes ago, tsuki said:

It's a conceptual system, within thought. If there is thought, there's doubt.
Ultimately, it has to crumble down to silence. There are no doubts within silence.

There are no doubts within silence indeed.  There is no "need to conceptually know" within silence either.

19 hours ago, Seiden said:

Assuming that Leo is not believing but experienced Solipsism and teaches us about it

Not true

15 hours ago, Alex said:

Had an scary solipsism experience on LSD,

I had this on LSD too. I felt totally alone and slightly depressed. But solipsism is equivalent to the ego trying to make sense of nonduality whilst still keeping itself intact (thereby maintaining duality). Solipsism is half-assing spirituality.

19 hours ago, Seiden said:

I’ve been studying ACIM for a long time now

Would you recommend it?

We are enslaved by anything we do not consciously see. We are freed by conscious perception.

- Vernon Howard

Much thanks to everyone who reponded!

@legendary If you are ok with the Christian language of the book yes I recommend ^ ^