John Iverson

Which should i choose? I will buy shroom for microdosing or nootropic drug?

41 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, John Iverson said:

What you shared to me right now, even now i am very interested to how you present it to me! ❤️❤️❤️ 

Haha, nice. You might be very impressed by the results.

11 hours ago, Arman said:

Haha, nice. You might be very impressed by the results.

Can you share your experiences with reishi? Haha

and 600mg a day is that enough?

8 hours ago, John Iverson said:

Can you share your experiences with reishi? Haha

and 600mg a day is that enough?

Reduced cortisol, easier to meditate and do spiritual work, reduced stress and general mood benefits. 600mg is a good daily dose. 

1 hour ago, Arman said:

Reduced cortisol, easier to meditate and do spiritual work, reduced stress and general mood benefits. 600mg is a good daily dose. 

I am planning to buy reishi and at the same time phosphatidylSerine, hm? It is hard for me to decide if i will but all in Reishi, or i will match it with PS.. 

Microdosing for productivity tends to get distrated. I would reduce microdosing to self-personal development purposes, and for that I think its just best to dose normally.

Nootropics tend to work better to just productivity, although you have to find one that works for you. 

15 hours ago, Charlotte said:

@John Iverson dont forget to really do your research into reishi. I took it for some time and ended up with the worst headaches ever although I really loved the benefits of it I decided to stop after reading so many warnings about it.

https://www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/ingredientmono-905/reishi-mushroom

Oh! Why is that you have an headaches by taking it? ... i read you reccomended site some people are talking about megative effects they have ..

what is your good experience taking Reishi? Haha it is interesting .. 

@John Iverson i have no idea why I experienced headaches John. My experience? I echo the comments above. I was completely grounded and in the present moment effortlessly. Monkey mind was almost quiet.

1 minute ago, Charlotte said:

@John Iverson i have no idea why I experienced headaches John. My experience? I echo the comments above. I was completely grounded and in the present moment effortlessly. Monkey mind was almost quiet.

Is reishi different to psychedelics? Like Psilocybin mushroom? It is like they have a similarities

10 minutes ago, Charlotte said:

@John Iverson yes they are different. Then don't contain psychoactive ingredients hence why they are legal. 

Ohhhh!!!! But they are very spiritual? Right? Haha

Ime, I've found that certain types of substances help with certain tasks.

Tasks that involve details, analysis, left-brain, "getting shit done" stuff I'd rather not do. . . Here, nothing beats a low dose of adderall.

Tasks that involve big picture thinking, integration, left-right brain synthesis, creativity and human connection.  Here, nothing beats a low dose of LSD

Tasks that involve solo work that involves contemplation, introspection and immersion/awareness in the moment in which insights arise. Here, nothing beats Modafinil.

I rotate the three, based on the activities of my day,

@Serotoninluv wow nice one serotonin. That's helpful. Which of the three would you say don't particularly raise your heart rate to the degree where it's pounding out of your chest??

You can simulate mini nootropic effects with exercise. Exercise doesn't cost money. There is no substitute for psychedelics.

On 4/4/2019 at 4:40 AM, Serotoninluv said:

Ime, I've found that certain types of substances help with certain tasks.

Tasks that involve details, analysis, left-brain, "getting shit done" stuff I'd rather not do. . . Here, nothing beats a low dose of adderall.

Tasks that involve big picture thinking, integration, left-right brain synthesis, creativity and human connection.  Here, nothing beats a low dose of LSD

Tasks that involve solo work that involves contemplation, introspection and immersion/awareness in the moment in which insights arise. Here, nothing beats Modafinil.

I rotate the three, based on the activities of my day,

You seem to know how to use drugs. Can you recommend drugs for a poor man like me? Which drugs will boost discipline and willpower and momentum? How do you deliver drugs to your body?

Edited by CreamCat

4 hours ago, Charlotte said:

@Serotoninluv wow nice one serotonin. That's helpful. Which of the three would you say don't particularly raise your heart rate to the degree where it's pounding out of your chest??

None of them do in low doses. The one that has the highest chance of that is adderall, and I limit it to a very small amount. Any more than 10mg starts to feel toxic and buzzy to me. And I don’t take it more than 2-3 times a week

4 hours ago, CreamCat said:

You seem to know how to use drugs. Can you recommend drugs for a poor man like me? Which drugs will boost discipline and willpower and momentum? How do you deliver drugs to your body?

Well. . . When I was younger, I also had drug addictions and dependency issues. I think one of the keys is to to which drugs will will over-power the mind body. Some drug, like meth or heroine, will over-power nearly all mind-bodies and cause damage. Other drugs seem to be helpful for some and damaging to others. For example, alcohol is really bad for my mind body. It’s just bad chemistry. There is a really high risk that I would drink excessively and fall into dependency/addiction. It’s just a battle I don’t want to face so I don’t drink. Lots of other people drink socially and have no problem with it. I’m just not one of those people. On the other hand, most people will develop some type javascript:void('Remove Format')of dependency/ addiction to a drug like adderall. When I first tried it, I had to be honest with myself. How is my mind-body relating to this drug? Can it take it in low doses on occasion? Sometimes the answer is “yes”, sometimes it’s “no”. For me, it’s really important to listen to my body and trust that my body is telling my the truth and guiding me. For me, caffeine is much more addivitive/ dependency on my mind-body than lsd microdosing, adderall min-dosing or modafinil. That’s just how it is and what my body is telling me.

I’ve also come to realize that “drugs” are not just chemical substances. Many activities also alter my mind-body chemistry similiar to drugs. For example, running is like a drug for me and I have to be careful how much I do it. I am prone to running too much and it can become an escape, just like a drug. Too much starts to have a negative impact on my mind-body and life. Currently, my running “dosage” is 5 miles twice a week. Other people may have a different optimal “running dosage”. For others, it may not work at all. Similarly, yoga and hiking are also “drugs” in a sense for me. They can be highly beneficial for me in a certain context and range.

I’ve also found it helpful to be mindful of the balance chemical chemical drugs and activity drugs. For example, modafinil seems to be beneficial in limited dosage and frequncey, yet I’ve noticed I’ve moved more toward introspective contemplation with this chemical and less yoga activity.  This isn’t necessarily bad, yet it is a mild concern for me because the balance is shifted. Perhaps I need to be more intestinal now with yoga, or perhaps I can be intentional and combine modafinil with yoga practice. 

I now realize this was a long response that didn’t directly answer your question. I would say I don’t have any specific recommendations because people vary so much. I have recommendations for what not to try (e.g. cocaine) yet I would say a person needs to explore chemicals with potential benefits and see how their mind-body responds. Yet, not at the expense of beneficial “activity drugs” like exercise, meditation, yoga etc.

59 minutes ago, CreamCat said:

@Serotoninluv So, do you recommend modafinil for boosting willpower?

It does not have that effect on me, yet I could see it doing so for others.