Yannik

Vipassana Retreat - worth going to? How to prepare?

6 posts in this topic

Hey guys, next wednesday starts the Vipassana retreat I signed up for here in Germany and still, I am not sure if I should go because I have other stuff going on right now (writing my master's thesis, scaling my business). 

I am meditating for like 5 years now consistently and the longest time I've meditated was 4 hours on the retreat by Dr. Joe Dispenza a couple weeks ago.

Do you think I would benefit more from those 10 days in silence than working on my projects in the long-term? My goal is to live happy, become the best version of myself and that I can look back at the end of my life saying I don't regret anything.

If you would recommend going, how would you prepare? Would you take anything with you? What's the attitude I should go there with?

Thanks guys!

@Yannik Depends on how busy you are with your other stuff. If you don't feel like you can commit to the retreat 100% then maybe its not the right time. And if you're not excited or inspired about going then it'll be much more difficult. Then again you may just be making excuses to avoid going. If you're serious about raising your consciousness, you should go and give it everything you have. 

10-day vipassana retreats are quite challenging, but you quickly get used to the schedule and it is only 10 days after all. It'll feel like a lot longer than 10 days, but you'll be glad you went. Personally it was one of the hardest things i've ever done. But some people find it easy and relaxing. If you get the opportunity to have a private room, then definitely do that. 

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

I recently completed my Vipasana retreat. I think you should go for it, i have become more creative after it and i believe my ego has changed from weak to strong. If u are not feeling good about going like i did carry Modafinil with you and consume it on 5th day ownwards it will be awesome then on.

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

One other way to look at it is if you want a truly happy life then you will need to fully understand the nature of your own mind, working your projects won't do that for you, doing a 10 day retreat will be very eye opening. Its only 10 days, thats not very long at all. If you take it seriously when you go it will probably be the biggest gift you could ever give yourself. 

It shouldn't even be a debate. The main thing you want to be careful of however is your mental state, a course like vipassana you do have to be quite emotionally stable and balanced as it can be very intense. So as long as you feel ready emotionally, then defo go.

All of my friends who have become very successful financially and materialistically  all want to now give it all up and go live in a monastery and work on enlightenment full time ahaha.  So that should tell you something. 

Vipassana retreats are challenging at times yet highly rewarding! You will definitely grow a lot and will definitely raise your conciousness! Go for it dude! Good luck!

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<