mandyjw

Well this pretty much explains everything.

18 posts in this topic

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

I love this man. At the time of reading "Power of Now" I had my breakthrough, differentiating myself from the ego in experience, not just words. He just has a way to get to me (and many others I am sure)

@mandyjw

How do you define or what is your notion of present moment?

Edited by tedens

3 hours ago, tedens said:

@mandyjw

How do you define or what is your notion of present moment?

Now? The fullness of life?

There's the concept and then there's the experience. The present moment is the thing that has to be experienced for itself. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

3 hours ago, CuriousTraveller said:

I love this man. At the time of reading "Power of Now" I had my breakthrough, differentiating myself from the ego in experience, not just words. He just has a way to get to me (and many others I am sure)

I had the same exact experience with The Power of Now. I think he is incredibly clear at explaining things. He really does a good job of keeping concepts out and not misleading people into going back into concepts. 

1 hour ago, mandyjw said:

The present moment is the thing that has to be experienced for itself. 

So it just is or should be achieve?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

17 minutes ago, tedens said:

So it just is or should be achieve?

As he said in the video, it's both! But if I have to pick one, I pick just is. :) 

@Shin That's a really good one too. My dog seems to have had some sort of a stroke last night, so it was good timing to watch that again. :( 

Just now, mandyjw said:

@Shin That's a really good one too. My dog seems to have had some sort of a stroke last night, so it was good timing to watch that again. :( 

Adopt an another puppy.

Not only your old dog will be happier, but it will be easier in the end  ☺

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Ooh.  You found one of my favorite videos by Eckhart Tolle.  That's a good one.  I'll try to find another video to match that one.  You're smart, I can tell.  You're not getting caught up in all these mental traps that a lot of other people do on the Path.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Eckhart is great BUT just going about your daily life and try to be "in the now" won't cut it for enlightenment. After all, that's not even how Eckhart itself got realized. You need much more dedication and intense focus than that,. 

13 hours ago, FoxFoxFox said:

Eckhart is great BUT just going about your daily life and try to be "in the now" won't cut it for enlightenment. After all, that's not even how Eckhart itself got realized. You need much more dedication and intense focus than that,. 

Dedication and intense focus for the present moment. :) Did you watch the video? He specifically addresses that toward the end. 

Edited by mandyjw

@mandyjw Yeah i did. He makes much more sense here than in his writing when he advocates entirely useless "practices". Enlightenment is not in the now. It's not in time to begin with. 

8 minutes ago, FoxFoxFox said:

@mandyjw Yeah i did. He makes much more sense here than in his writing when he advocates entirely useless "practices". Enlightenment is not in the now. It's not in time to begin with. 

Of course it's not in time. Now is the only time you can experience timelessness. Then why look for it in the future? 

I found his "practices" to be life changing. 

I feel eckhart caters to the non spiritually conditioned mind which is great