Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lisa2525

Do you Vape?

10 posts in this topic

I had a couple of discussions here on vaping so please stop saying - it's more dangerous than smoking because it's obviously not:)

I want to try a vape pen for oils but I never used one. Is there anyone who could explain is oil vaporizing better than e-liquid, wax or herb vaping? And maybe someone will help me pick a pen? What do you think of the vape pens from this review https://vapingdaily.com/vaporizers/weed-pens/best-vape-pens-for-oil/ ? 

You did help me when I asked about vaporizers in the UK. Hope to get some tips for this time:)

health wise it's most likely the same as any other vaping method.

I personally use Cartisan Spinner that I got from my local shop, it work great for Weed oil and it was cheap.

I know you didn't ask but the fact that vaping is a booming epidemic could one day bite us in the ass really bad. .....there is still not a lot of research but it is picking up over time. There is some evidence of DNA damage, formaldehyde, Acetaldehyde and Toluen toxicity and heavy metal deposition. Some of these particules are being deposited in lungs and arteries.

Other than that, heating oils generates free radicals that behave like a furious hornet stuck in a glass container, this can be verified in basic chemistry where double-bonds among the carbon chain are easy to break apart and oxidise. But it depends on the temperature generated I guess. 

Its prob better than regular cigarettes, that's for sure but maybe the damage is so subtle and slow that it will only be implicated once we pass on our damaged genes to the offspring....not something most people are concerned about though..... 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

3 hours ago, Michael569 said:

I know you didn't ask but the fact that vaping is a booming epidemic could one day bite us in the ass really bad. .....there is still not a lot of research but it is picking up over time. There is some evidence of DNA damage, formaldehyde, Acetaldehyde and Toluen toxicity and heavy metal deposition. Some of these particules are being deposited in lungs and arteries.

Other than that, heating oils generates free radicals that behave like a furious hornet stuck in a glass container, this can be verified in basic chemistry where double-bonds among the carbon chain are easy to break apart and oxidise. But it depends on the temperature generated I guess. 

Its prob better than regular cigarettes, that's for sure but maybe the damage is so subtle and slow that it will only be implicated once we pass on our damaged genes to the offspring....not something most people are concerned about though..... 

Interesting. is this data testing Juul cartridges with juices? or cannabis oil made in legal states? or both? I am curious about this stuff!

@SgtPepper you'd best read about it yourself. Few interesting studies I found. 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5435699/ potential link to growth of tumours

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4154203/ the accumulative toxic effects

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5954153/ formaldehyde content and implications

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Michael569 I promised I looked it up after you mentioned it, I just only saw stuff linking it to e-cigs, I was hoping you could point me to cannabis related usages, so thank you for the links :$.

edit:

I see most studies focus on e-cigs and the products of e-cigs. Still it seems I may be able to generalize some of the findings. I am curious if these toxic effects are form the ingredients within the e-cig products or just a consequence of heating plant matter? It would be interesting to see a study on medicinal grade cannabis oils since that is also quite popular. 

Edited by SgtPepper

1 hour ago, SgtPepper said:

It would be interesting to see a study on medicinal grade cannabis oils since that is also quite popular. 

nutritionfacts.org released several videos in cannabis in recent past all based on published research papers. Might be worth your time ;) The toxic effects wouldn't necessary be from plant oils, free radicals are not toxic they simply steal electrons and turn other molecules into free radicals until they start clawing on DNA molecules that's where trouble starts. I think that's more related to other compounds hiding in these vaping liquids. Pure plant oils, it's probably ok. 

@Lisa2525 soz for hijacking your topic, will shut up now :D 

Edited by Michael569