Giulio Bevilacqua

Working on two areas . LIFE PURPOSE

7 posts in this topic

What do you think about working on two life purpose ? I think we can quietly work on two aspects of life if we can organize in a good way our time . 

There are and have been a lot of people that were masters in different areas of life 

Some examples :  Benjamin Franklin : Author , politic man , scientist , activist , printer 

Galileo Galilei : astronomer , physician , philosopher and mathematician 

Maya Angelou : poet, activist ,historian, musician, actor, performer , movie director , teacher 

David Bowie : musician , actor, poet . dramaturg, painter and stylist 

and many others .

Leonardo da Vinci 

Maybe you can combine the two! Like: physics + Videography or Music + Video Games. The world is your oyster, you just need time and practice, LOTS OF IT

My YouTube Channel: https://bit.ly/2PSLrNb

2 hours ago, Sam Barker said:

@Giulio Bevilacqua Which two areas would you want to combine?

I love a lot of things . Everything is beautiful in life , so this makes my decisions very difficult.

I'm not talking about combining. 

I would like to work with tai chi , mindfulness instructor , yoga , but on the other hand i have a good talent for music drums and so on . I have a band that is having a growing succes ,  we have the possibilities to do something in the future. I would like also to study a subject at university in the humanistic field. I know all this stuff is not combinable.

39 minutes ago, Sam Barker said:

@Giulio Bevilacqua Hmm. I'm almost at the end of the course, and I'm still fighting between film and music. In the end I think i'll choose film, because it ultimately includes all of my passions: photography, writing, and music.

I don't know what type of music your band does, but you could create music with the theme of mindfulness. If that's not the type of music you do, then you could teach mindfulness in your lyrics. If not, then maybe you'll need to choose between one or the other. You could focus on one, and do the other as a side thing. If you picked your band and have success with that, i don't think you'd have time to become a yoga instructor, but you could still totally continue mindfulness work in your spare time. And vice verse, if you chose the instructor route, then you probably won't have much time to work on your music and become as successful.

It all depends if you can find a way to combine them, in my personal opinion.

Yes i totally agree with you 

This is what we do , it's not mindfulness ahahah 

Edited by Giulio Bevilacqua

27 minutes ago, Sam Barker said:

@Giulio Bevilacqua Wow, great music and video. Well, it seems like you already have made substantial progress with your band. If you keep pushing that, who knows what kind of music you'll be making in 10 years. If you continued on your mindfulness work on the side, your music might even gradually lean towards that, who knows... :D

If you love making the music, I say you should stick with that, but hey, what do I know, I'm just a random guy on the internet.

Thank you for your time

Edited by Giulio Bevilacqua

On 28. 3. 2019 at 0:37 PM, Giulio Bevilacqua said:

I would like to work with tai chi , mindfulness instructor , yoga , but on the other hand i have a good talent for music drums and so on . I have a band that is having a growing succes ,  we have the possibilities to do something in the future. I would like also to study a subject at university in the humanistic field. I know all this stuff is not combinable.

It is doable - maybe not quite at the same time. But if you're going for university now and your parents support you, it's totally doable to study & do a yoga or taichi training 2-3 times week (or perhaps a summer intensive) & keep contact with your music on the weekend. In this example the band would be a hobby, not a life-purpose kind of endeavor, I'm just writing it so that you realize that your university life can be quite rich, and that's great. If you have to work, maybe it's possible to work up to teaching taichi/yoga/meditation fast. Also, life is long: even if you focus on music right now, you can still change course 5-10 years later, and become all of what you have written above.  

11 hours ago, Elisabeth said:

It is doable - maybe not quite at the same time. But if you're going for university now and your parents support you, it's totally doable to study & do a yoga or taichi training 2-3 times week (or perhaps a summer intensive) & keep contact with your music on the weekend. In this example the band would be a hobby, not a life-purpose kind of endeavor, I'm just writing it so that you realize that your university life can be quite rich, and that's great. If you have to work, maybe it's possible to work up to teaching taichi/yoga/meditation fast. Also, life is long: even if you focus on music right now, you can still change course 5-10 years later, and become all of what you have written above.  

Yes, thank you very much :))