carlowillo

How to get better at visualisation

12 posts in this topic

I am having a hard time when it comes to creating a very convincing environment in my minds eyes. Does anyone have any experience in improving your visualization skills, and thus the ability to emotionally connect with your vision?

Books refer to visualizing all the smallest details possible to make it crystal clear, but how can you do so with subpar visualization?

Every now and then I get a glimpse of an intense emotional vision visualization, but can't seem to stay in that specific visualization scenario.

Help would be much appreciated thank you 

I have similair problems, and though I can't be much help, as far as getting emotionally motivated towards a goal, I find it helps if you emphasize to yourself that what your imagining could be your life, literally just tell yourself "this could be you!" because then I bring that imagination to reality in the sense that I consider that imagination a possible future and not just for fun.

As far as details though, maybe just write out your vision, then read back the details you wrote down, and don't try to imagine 'the perfect vision' I am familiar with  the "intense emotional vision" but on the first try, do what you can, and then work on it like a muscle. and like working out, try and push and challenge what you can and can't imagine.

@Jamie Universe from what i've read, for the vision to be most effective you need to feel like you are in that reality already. I do have my vision written out, but it's just hard to translate that vision into a place in my imagination I can reside if that makes sense. Thank you for the tips!

Perhaps try to recreate your visualizations?

For example, if you want a big massive house, why don't you go to a rich area and see the mansions?

Want to travel? Perhaps actually traveling to a place for a weekend, like Portugal, and see the little details in reality

That can spark something right? :D

You're not human, you're the universe

The only book I could think of was Nikola Tesla's "lost" journal.

In it he described his "hallucinations" that he experienced at a young age that he was later able to will into forms that he desired through intention. He was able to visualize full inventions with every part in place without the use of a blueprint. I found it to be quite fascinating. Though, he had a more innate ability to begin with, I know that reading it could give insight on how to discover your own method of visualizing within your mind's eye if you decide to continue this endeavor.

https://archive.org/stream/TheLostJournalsOfNikolaTesla/The+Lost+Journals+Of+Nikola+Tesla_djvu.txt

Edited by Rokazulu

Normally people can randomly experience peek visualizations right before bed or right after waking up. Its clear to reach this dream clarity level of visualization requires the mind to be in a deeply relaxed meditative state, on the edge of conscious. We can take this further, when people maximize performance at a task they are usually in a flow state that is at the edge of relaxation. its a balancing act, only the essentials are kept in awareness, everything else is forgotten, no longer exists. 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

@Rokazulu Tesla actually sparked my interest in visualization, but I've never heard of this book. Is this legit Nikola Tesla?

5 hours ago, carlowillo said:

@Rokazulu Tesla actually sparked my interest in visualization, but I've never heard of this book. Is this legit Nikola Tesla?

Yes, this is one of Tesla's own documentations that was recovered after his death. You can find several books that print the same material elsewhere.

12 hours ago, carlowillo said:

@Jamie Universe from what i've read, for the vision to be most effective you need to feel like you are in that reality already. I do have my vision written out, but it's just hard to translate that vision into a place in my imagination I can reside if that makes sense. Thank you for the tips!

No problem

I’ve found that practicing drawing has helped me visualize things much easier. I’ve never had much skill for drawing, so I had to begin with basic polygons, but working on that really seemed to improve my visualization ability. I’m much more verbal/conceptual than visual in terms of thinking, but the drawing along with practicing visualization goes a long way. 

You can use questions and ideas to consciously bring yourself to a vision. Write down questions like: What do I want my relationships to look like? What do I want to do for my profession? What is important about life? Then sit comfortably and close your eyes. Ask yourself a question over and over again and see what your brain comes up with. This can take a lot of time and practice to get good at, but this is a great way to become more aware of your thoughts and to consciously visualize your future

Don't overthink it...

When I visualize I don't picture fine details... I focus more on how it's going to feel to achieve my goals.

Agree with those who said writing it down can be helpful too...

You know when you do something a little more mundane like driving or going for a walk and you find yourself daydreaming with very little effort... and it feels really good... you start to reenact conversations or scenarios in your mind and it kind of just flows?

That's how visualization should feel.

Instead of focusing so hard on how the image is supposed to look, why not take a long walk and just allow it to come together. 

Follow what feels good.