7thLetter

What is the best understanding you have of the afterlife?

20 posts in this topic

What is the best theory, or understanding that you heard or believe, after we die?

My understanding around the topic isn't the best, I'm just curious what others have to say about this. I obviously haven't died so I don't know. I don't take a lot of psychedelics to be able to experience what is said on Leo's channel or anywhere else. I really only believe what I experience.

From what I've heard so far, we die in the physical world, then enter the spiritual realm. Or we die in this illusion then wake up and exist as God. Or die and nothing happens. Then of course Christianity says we go to heaven or hell, but I'm not religious. But could the idea of heaven and hell be man's interpretation of what actually happens?

Thoughts?

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein

Personality dies. Soul is greeted by soulmates and spirit guides. It has a life review. Takes classes and chats with other souls. Plans her next life in conjonction with spirit guides and soul family. Bright lights. The baby cries. 

Some of you might be interested in Journey of Souls from Michael Newton, PHD.

He's an hypnotherapist who claimed to have developed his own age regression technique. Newton opens cases from his private practice in which he hypnotically regressed 29 of his clients to a point between lives--after death, but before birth.

It is bullshit? Could be. It's certainly very compelling. 

There is no death cause you are already dead , what you experience now is the same as death , what will happen to you is that this mind will stop registering that there is You that is experiencing this , when that seizes , thats death , when you pass this death , you will realize that there is no place to go to , god is eternal .

Alan Watts is a good person to listen to if you are curious on death from an eastern perspective! I believe of of his more famous quotes went something like this: Viewing the world it looks like I can make two statements on death. When I die, my bodily functions will stop working. After I die, a baby will be born with bodily functions. How you interpret those statements is up to you!

No one knows, for certain, what happens when we die. To me, death will be an awfully big adventure! :)

26 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

You need to stop being asleep and/or completely deluded.

Its not entirely inaccurate.

"There is absolute truth and relative truth, beware of half-truths" - The Kyballion

What he speaks of is a half-truth.

It seems definite the ego will cease to be and perception of human experience also ceases. If there is no human experience what is being perceived? Nothing! What was there before birth?

1 hour ago, 7thLetter said:

Or we die in this illusion then wake up and exist as God. Or die and nothing happens.

You already exist as God. All there is is God! Collapse the duality between living and non-living and what do you see? Consciousness is eternal and experiences all.

1 hour ago, 7thLetter said:

the idea of heaven and hell be man's interpretation of what actually happens?

I'd say heaven and hell are more about states of being than it is a place of the afterlife. Heaven is more about aligning yourself to God to reach total peace, nirvana. Being more conscious. Hell is more being less conscious and self inflicting suffering. Heaven and Hell is both God.

------------

1) "Panentheism." Reality is both, Transcendent and Immanent. Both heaven and hell exist, and that trolling (especially logos trolling) if maintained will lead to hell.

2) Or "Maps of Maps of Meaning" makes the most sense. For an atheistic mindset, and Jordan Peterson is right. Meat Robots bashing one another. And consciousness is a fluke.

I go with option 1. Though there maybe awareness, there is not, the level of consciousness that it should probably entail. Don't put your hand in the fire, it's hot, ok. Put's hand in fire.

Just now, Mikael89 said:

No it wont. You wont experience any adventure.

oh? Ponder this question, you may find something interesting about self: Does their need to be an experiencer to have an adventure? 

6 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

There wont be any experience of cessation.

Depends how you die.

6 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

After death You (Consciousness) will pop up as a new body, seamlessly.

Another half-truth. I wouldn't say consciousness transitions to a new body after death for it is already experiencing all bodies. Death brings forth the "experience" (for lack of a better word) of no human experience. Which it is also always experiencing. What is it like to be a rock? Or a part of the sky? Or the ground? Death doesn't mean you cease to exist. You are always being!

Edited by Shadowraix

16 hours ago, wheelspawn said:

Nothing. Once the brain shuts down, it's over.

There is no evidence for anything else, sorry.

I remember reading somewhere, that once we find physical evidence of consciousness, we enter into a new era. I remember thinking to myself "Is this what's really holding us back? Why would someone need physical evidence when it is so clearly distinguishable from ego thinking mind". I guess I must have falsely assumed, that everyone is able to find themselves with little inner self-exploration.

2 minutes ago, CuriousTraveller said:

I remember reading somewhere, that once we find physical evidence of consciousness, we enter into a new era. I remember thinking to myself "Is this what's really holding us back? Why would someone need physical evidence when it is so clearly distinguishable from ego thinking mind". I guess I must have falsely assumed, that everyone is able to find themselves with little inner self-exploration.

@CuriousTraveller

That is just a fun part of the journey of the individual! Consciousness, how people typically describe it, is something intangible (not in the physical world where we can touch or point a finger directly at it), but it can be "found" expirentially by the individual. Once it is found, that individual can't point at it to make someone else realize what they are talking about! We can talk about it because everyone realizes it exists, there is just no "evidence" of it in the physical world! 

"I think it matters, but I should stop thinking so." -- Truth Addict.

@Truth Addict

It seems to be less about the stopage of thinking as it is the allowing to thoughts to pass freely! Don't stop thinking, just don't over think ?

What happens when a cell dies?

B R E A T H E

it’s glas, oh it’s glas, oh it’s glas, oh it’s glas...oh it’s glas...blub

7 minutes ago, pluto said:

What happens when a cell dies?

@pluto

It is broken down and it's parts are incorperated into other cells! 

(Great metaphor) 

On 26.03.2019 at 1:03 AM, 7thLetter said:

What is the best understanding you have of the afterlife?

@7thLetter Ego's fixation about death is just hilarious.
Exactly the same thing that was happening before you were born.

Do you have a memory from before you were born? No?
What if this is the genuine experience of non-existence?

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

3 hours ago, Zetxil said:

@Truth Addict

It seems to be less about the stopage of thinking as it is the allowing to thoughts to pass freely! Don't stop thinking, just don't over think ?

Of course, I used to be an over-thinker in the past, and that caused to me a lot of suffering.

I'm now leaning in the opposite direction, which is no-mind. I want to see what life is like on the other side of being.

Maybe someday in the future I'll find a middle ground, where hell becomes heaven :)

Thanks for your genuine concern :x

Edited by Truth Addict

I remember coming back to existence after my 80mg (heavy dose) bufo 5-meo-dmt trip in mexico and the first thing i said was "That was peace..." 

If you really care to know what the "afterlife" is, then save up money, go to mexico and do 5-meo. It will be worth it. 

On 3/25/2019 at 8:48 PM, martin_malin said:

Some of you might be interested in Journey of Souls from Michael Newton, PHD.

He's an hypnotherapist who claimed to have developed his own age regression technique. Newton opens cases from his private practice in which he hypnotically regressed 29 of his clients to a point between lives--after death, but before birth.

It is bullshit? Could be. It's certainly very compelling. 

Dolores Cannon did something very similar. She was a past-life regressionist and hypnotherapist and she would take people into the deepest levels of hypnosis where their brains were at Delta waves which are the same type that is seen in deep sleep. The people would tell her all about past lives that they've lived and she came to the conclusion that we are immortal spiritual beings living a temporary human experience. 

It could be bullshit, but it's certainly interesting to think about. Why do thousands of people under hypnosis speak about past lives and what we call heaven. Is this just a coincidence and simply our imaginations going haywire? Or maybe there is some validity to it...