Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
yangmilun

What cause you focus on enlightenment?

12 posts in this topic

1995, Confident little boy.

1998, Shy boy. Not talking.

2000, Parents divorced. 

2001, Searching love. Hateful. Weakness.

2003, World is unfriendly. 

2005, Lost. read "Law of Attraction". 

2007, Note and record emotion. 

2009 Read shit psychology books. a lot. 

2013, Online consulting and psychologist. 

2014, Youtube. Self-improvement. Leo. 

2015, Newbie of enlightenment. 

2016, Study, gym, book, cook, office. Selfish.

2017, Be bad. Arguing. Release, immature. 

2018, Self-Actualized starter.

2019. Money, Love, Study, Work, Awareness. 

Edited by yangmilun

Very nice list.  Leo exposed me to Enlightenment work in 2015 and I kind of just worked on it and worked on it for a few years now and have made progress which has kept me interested.  Sure I have Ego flare-ups, but my level of peace of mind is so much better than it was before I started doing Enlightenment work.  I used to be one neurotic dude, with monkey-mind always chattering away.  Now I experience a lot of my day with no Mind at all.  My Mind is very tame and drowsy now, it likes to sleep.  I used to be caught up in the Mind without realizing that I didn't need to be.  And I think that's the thing that causes a lot of neurosis is that people don't have a space between themselves and their Mind.  They don't know that there's such a space.  And I think that alone is one of the great insights that one can learn by doing Enlightenment work.  It just takes you out of that whole Mind-Matrix so you can have some peace of Mind.  And then if you want to go into the Mind you can go into the Mind, but you can do it more consciously without being trapped in the Mind.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

3 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Very nice list.  Leo exposed me to Enlightenment and I kind of just worked on it and worked on it for a few years now and have made progress which has kept me interested.

What is your business? something about enlightenment?

7 minutes ago, yangmilun said:

What is your business? something about enlightenment?

No, I'm actually a freelance paralegal.  I have my own little self-employed business.  But I do intend to do a career change to become a personal development teacher.  I actually enjoy working in and studying law, but my passion is more aligned with working on and teaching personal development.  I actually study law on my own a little bit every day because it's so fascinating to me and very useful to know.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

12 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Now I experience a lot of my day with no Mind at all.  My Mind is very tame and drowsy now, it likes to sleep. 

Jealous.

6 minutes ago, yangmilun said:

Jealous.

You can do it too.  It takes a couple of years of working on it though.  I can attest that it is possible to make progress.  I didn't like Enlightenment when I first heard about it, I thought it was hogwash.  But then I just kept coming back to it and coming back to it, and every time I would come back to it I would get a little shift that would excite me more about it, and then more and more shifts, like that.  It's not one big shift, it's a series of small shifts and small insights that pile up over time.  But then after 3 or 4 years, it looks like one big shift, but it didn't really happen like that.  It's definitely kind of a journey that ones goes through.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@yangmilun

2017 battled with OCD anxiety or pure O it’s one of the most fucked up cases of anxiety, I’d rather be a hoarder lol

fast forward to today the pure O anxiety has tamed down to like 1-5% of my day instead of %100 

in my opinion self inquiry & medation, sds sits & more self inquiry have gotten me to this point. 

& yes all because of mainly Leo, & other gurus I have listened to over the past year & a 1/2 

anxiety is pretty rare for me now unless I’m under a ton of stress. 

Now im sure as hell not enlightend but I am 95% better then what I was. 

Im getting mixed reviews from people some say enlightenment extinguishes anxiety, then others say you’ll still have issues, I’ll let you know once I’m there lol

Edited by Tony 845

13 hours ago, Tony 845 said:

@yangmilun

2017 battled with OCD anxiety or pure O it’s one of the most fucked up cases of anxiety, I’d rather be a hoarder lol

fast forward to today the pure O anxiety has tamed down to like 1-5% of my day instead of %100 

in my opinion self inquiry & medation, sds sits & more self inquiry have gotten me to this point. 

& yes all because of mainly Leo, & other gurus I have listened to over the past year & a 1/2 

anxiety is pretty rare for me now unless I’m under a ton of stress. 

Now im sure as hell not enlightend but I am 95% better then what I was. 

Im getting mixed reviews from people some say enlightenment extinguishes anxiety, then others say you’ll still have issues, I’ll let you know once I’m there lol

Thanks for sharing.

19 hours ago, yangmilun said:

2005, Lost.

This just breaks my heart. I've noticed similar trajectory in my life as well.

It's as if we are born healthy but this very birth itself turns into a hideous disease down the line. The sad irony is that this declination of our authentic self is regarded as 'growth' and ''growing up'' by our society. :(

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

1998, Shy boy. Not talking.

2000, Parents divorced. 

2001, Searching love. Hateful. Weakness.

2003, World is unfriendly. 

2005, Lost. read "Law of Attraction". 

2007, Note and record emotion. 

2009 Read shit psychology books. a lot. 

2013, Online consulting and psychologist. 

2014, Youtube. Self-improvement. Leo. 

2015, Newbie of enlightenment. 

2016, Study, gym, book, cook, office. Selfish.

2017, Be bad. Arguing. Release, immature. 

2018, Self-Actualized starter.

2019. Money, Love, Study, Work, Awareness. 

Timeless - Consciousness.

Turn awareness on awareness. Become free of Karma.

@yangmilun depression lack of purpose in life looking for meaning in life. Accidently happened to read a book by osho which triggered my interest towards enlightenment.