Aakash

what is a life with no desires?

51 posts in this topic

There is no moment, there is only You. All of these questions are questions that arise from not observing experience as it is. 

33 minutes ago, Preetom said:

Exactly. 

We are the all-powerful, limitless Self. The power of attention is the power of grace. Whatever the power of attention shines on, it flourishes.

If attention is placed on 2nd and 3rd person objects(world, other people thoughts etc) , the delusion of maya and objective reality flourishes. And thus the Self gets obscured.

But, If attention is placed on the 1st  person aka 'I', our true Self shines and thus ignorance dies out of negligence.

Perhaps a ZERO perspective is DIMENSIONLESS? 

2 minutes ago, Jack River said:

Perhaps a ZERO perspective is DIMENSIONLESS? 

whatever the headless man wanna call it B|

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

11 minutes ago, Jack River said:

There is no moment, there is only You. All of these questions are questions that arise from not observing experience as it is. 

Bingo.

What is desire without ‘experience’? 

7 minutes ago, Preetom said:

whatever the headless man wanna call it B|

i graduated from headless to FORMFULL —DIMENSIONLESSNESS  :P

Edited by Jack River

4 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

Bingo.

What is desire without ‘experience’? 

:D 

6 hours ago, Aakash said:

@Arhattobe interesting, i'm lost for words 

at best what i can gather is: there is no becoming desireless 100% by trying

its too walk neither pathways, which means true desireless in a different kind of desireless than just not doing something. 

Leave it at a loss for words and let it sink in as long as you can. 

Also something jack rivers said that is very profound and you should contemplate and get confused by as well is you don’t need to focus on awareness to wake up.  its most likely just an idea of something then your true self. 

6 hours ago, Aakash said:

@Serotoninluv Right and the way i try to think about it, is to bring your base personal desire to bare minimal,where desire no longer hinders your daily lifestyle and survival. Thereafter everything you do is transpersonal, because its a benefit of the general routine you are following and enjoying. whereas at base level is everything that is sustainable to your way of living, diet, sleep, water, shower, toilet, etc are some examples. and nothing more than just sitting down doing nothing and enjoying it. 

its artificial in a way, where as transpersonal becomes the true beauty of life

Yea. I would just add that there is a transpersonal person form of "desire" that can arise. Ime, it is very distinct from personal desires. It's a pure genuine "desire" of the magnificence of life. It's beautiful. I suppose we could give it a new word, yet I don't know what else to call it. Perhaps a "connected wanting". There is a sincerity, appreciation, innocence, curiosity, awe and love about it.

8 hours ago, Preetom said:

A life with no desire is something that cannot be pre-formulated. You can't have an image of such a life. Whatever image we can come up with, that will be a life of desire.

Not true. Its not about imagining something! Its about how can you get there when you want to? This you must do, then it is clear

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?

2 hours ago, UDT said:

Not true. Its not about imagining something! Its about how can you get there when you want to? This you must do, then it is clear

I think he is referring to desire in the psychological sense. Desire and image projection imply one another and are not really distinct. This movement implies premeditation or pre-formulation as @Preetom mentioned. Image projection itself is a self sustaining cyclic process that feeds the continuity of psychological time(desire). 

I think that is what @Preetommeans, but I could be wrong. 

3 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

Yea. I would just add that there is a transpersonal person form of "desire" that can arise. Ime, it is very distinct from personal desires. It's a pure genuine "desire" of the magnificence of life. It's beautiful. I suppose we could give it a new word, yet I don't know what else to call it. Perhaps a "connected wanting". There is a sincerity, appreciation, innocence, curiosity, awe and love about it.

Nice!!

Perhaps venerate or veneration.

Desire influenced by Beauty/Love/SELF. 

Edited by Jack River