How to be wise

Experiencing Nothingness

32 posts in this topic

@How to be wise Nice! Reminded me of a quote of Nisargadatta "I see the same world as you but I see it differently"

The absolute is here - now. 

48 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

Well, from what I understand about psychedelics, you can’t retain the experiences that you have. After the trip, they leave without any trace left.

@How to be wise Please try not to take the title too personally. It's not meant to imply that you're stupid.
I took 100ug of LSD about a month ago and yes, the way you perceive the world returns somewhere near the state where you've been before, but you get to see reality through a different perspective. Think of it in terms of throwing a dynamite down the toilet to have something to clean. It gives you a lesson you need to work through and it's nothing I could have come up with on my own. You never know what you'll get, but it's relevant and wisdom stays with you.

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

43 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

The experiences I get from inquiry are different. It’s pretty weird, but the experience is semi-permanent. What I mean is that the experience stays with you permanently, but you have to concentrate to experience it. It’s not 24/7. Anytime I like, I can focus on that experience, and it returns for as long as I hold the concentration. I can usually do it for about a minute.

Nice! Next step is to not talk about it ;)

Notice how the mind re-frames what happened as "I" "experienced" "nothingness."

I'm sure you're aware of this happening.

It's Love.

But nothingness or even apsolute nothingness is not apart from Everything. Nothingness is not actual Nothing. It exists and IS. There is no such thing as non-existence. It's all part of That or It which is Everything. 

Leo likes to call it God or consciousness and the sages and gurus likes to call it the Self or Brahman (God).

But once you become conscious and aware of It, it doesn't matter what you call it. You are just putting labels, meaning and concept to It. And It is prior to all of that. 

4 hours ago, cetus56 said:

@How to be wise Nice! Reminded me of a quote of Nisargadatta "I see the same world as you but I see it differently"

The absolute is here - now. 

I would like to meet anyone that has actually experienced this so called world. :)

<3 lovely. Awesome to see you progressing on the path. Lots of love and strength to you, dear fellow

6 hours ago, Markus said:

@How to be wise Gratz on your awakening experience. How does it feel now?

I don’t really think this was an awakening experience. It’s been slowly building up over many months. 

These days I feel very blissful and joyful. I’m always smiling and laughing for no reason. A lot of people get quite puzzled with why I just have a big smile on my face for no reason. 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie