kieranperez

Leaders Cultivate Sameness

7 posts in this topic

An important insight I just realized about regarding leadership, interaction/communication/relationship, and sameness vs. difference:

Powerful influential leaders are very strategic to cultivate sameness with others.

To extend that...

Powerful leaders cultivate sameness with others in their interaction with others where there are very strong conceptual differences in order to plant in their minds that there is a common ground (sameness) which can help build a bridge or a link to allow for a shared and common identity and thus inclusion. 

Let's give a few examples to make this concrete and tangible:

• If you go to another country and you're not familiar with their customs, it's helpful adopt certain mannerisms or styles and usage of language or ways of relating emotionally to help build a common bond with another. Those of you who have ever been an immigrant or an expat probably know exactly what I'm talking about... but did you do it consciously and strategically? ;) 
  • If you're running for a political office (let's say you're running for president) like say here in the United States where there's quite a variety of different cultures and also people at different stages of Spiral Dynamics and you're coming into the presidential race with 2nd Tier leadership orientation, you would probably find a way to appeal and build ground with those at ethnocentric stage blue and then use that as a way to lead them to your agenda that helps elevate them to say stage orange and also help them include you in their identity. 

If you have a life purpose that's very grand and involves a leadership role or even in your relationships with others, this is an insight you should start contemplating and strategizing to implement and most importantly... PRACTICE!

That's a really good insight.  I'm also lowkey tired of clicking on nondual threads just to see some silly arguement that no one takes anything away from. I think this post really gives something to reflect on for people in their own lives and I appreciate that 

Comprehensive list of techniques: https://sites.google.com/site/psychospiritualtools/Home/meditation-practices

I appreciate criticism!  Be as critical/nitpicky as you like and don't hold your blows

@zambize look at Sadhguru and what he's done. He can appeal to anyone from a rationalist in a cublic - a yogi in a cave who hasn't spoken in 10 years - an illiterate family and community in a rural part of India - those in the US who are suffering the consequences of hedonism - economic titans - political leaders.... Who can't he touch?! How can he do this?! Simple. He understands how to appeal to people's sameness while having a strong and powerful enough vision to lead them towards and thus elevates them.

The nondual thread on here is usually just a shit-show because people want pretend they're know-it-all's as an excuse to not take action on the stuff in the world that needs to be resolved. I was shock at the response I got from people on here by exclaiming how greater consciousness demands taking greater responsibility for one's own actions and development about that's all ego-mind and all these other horse shit excuses. 

If you want to live in a more awakened world and also more evolved world in terms of actually development (Spiral Dynamics) then we need to take the responsibility to whatever degree we can to apply these insights. 

4 minutes ago, kieranperez said:

@zambize look at Sadhguru and what he's done. He can appeal to anyone from a rationalist in a cublic - a yogi in a cave who hasn't spoken in 10 years - an illiterate family and community in a rural part of India - those in the US who are suffering the consequences of hedonism - economic titans - political leaders.... Who can't he touch?! How can he do this?! Simple. He understands how to appeal to people's sameness while having a strong and powerful enough vision to lead them towards and thus elevates them.

The nondual thread on here is usually just a shit-show because people want pretend they're know-it-all's as an excuse to not take action on the stuff in the world that needs to be resolved. I was shock at the response I got from people on here by exclaiming how greater consciousness demands taking greater responsibility for one's own actions and development about that's all ego-mind and all these other horse shit excuses. 

If you want to live in a more awakened world and also more evolved world in terms of actually development (Spiral Dynamics) then we need to take the responsibility to whatever degree we can to apply these insights. 

Yes I really admire people who can find a way to touch and relate to even the worst criminals, it's a long term goal of mine that is still far away, but maybe one day

Comprehensive list of techniques: https://sites.google.com/site/psychospiritualtools/Home/meditation-practices

I appreciate criticism!  Be as critical/nitpicky as you like and don't hold your blows

This is a great insight.

There is ONE difference that is subtle.

- The leader, leading from Shadow/Ego, cultivates this practise as a strategy for self-interested gain. A bit like Dale Carnegies How to Win Friends and Influence People; all salesman tactics.

- The leader, leading from their centre, does this naturally because of the inherent sense and trust in humanity.

Edited by JohnnyBravo

7 hours ago, JohnnyBravo said:

This is a great insight.

There is ONE difference that is subtle.

- The leader, leading from Shadow/Ego, cultivates this practise as a strategy for self-interested gain. A bit like Dale Carnegies How to Win Friends and Influence People; all salesman tactics.

- The leader, leading from their centre, does this naturally because of the inherent sense and trust in humanity.

That's a really good insight on the shadow side of this.  Made me think of all the times we used sameness in the form of national pride, race, etc to dehumanize or unite one group against another