Wisebaxter

How Often can you Safely Take LSD?

16 posts in this topic

I've taken 200ug of LSD two weekends in a row now, had amazing, insightful experiences both times, now I'm tempted to trip again this weekend. A buddy of mine is a bit concerned that I might be getting hooked on it. The thing is, I can feel that I'm getting such amazing growth from it. I feel so much more mellow, less anxious and in control of my life. Every time I trip I get deeper and deeper insights into how I'm holding myself back in life, not to mention the nature of reality in general. I'm a firm believer in going with the heart and I'm sure that when my body and mind has had enough it'll let me know, but right now my intuition is saying - go for it! What do you guys think? I also want to keep increasing my dosage to try and achieve ego death, which I haven't really experienced so far, not intensely anyway. 

@Wisebaxter

Go for it. Yet, use it wisely. Tripping every weekend is not sustainable. The tolerance reset is 12 days, so a strong trip once over two weeks is max. More than that, the tolerance will build up. Also the "magic" will fade if you trip to much. And. . . the insights start to pile up and don't get integrated. After a couple months of frequent use, similar insights occurred and I was even scolded by the psychedelic. It essentially said "Why are you back here? I just told you this last week!!".

I went dialed it down to once every two weeks and then to once a month. However, I think sprinkling in micro-dosing and mini-dosing to be helpful. 

As time went on, the contrast between sober and psychedelic realities started to fade. The two worlds started moving closer together. The dosage I need to reached nondual experience decreased. You mentioned 200ug - that would be a monstrous dose for me. A couple weeks ago, 75ug sent me into a nondual deeply insightful space. As well, my baseline conscious level has increased and I can now access realms sober that used to be inaccessible to me a year ago. 

15 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

You mentioned 200ug - that would be a monstrous dose for me. A couple weeks ago, 75ug sent me into a nondual deeply insightful space.

That sounds so nice. It took 1000ug for my first nondual experience. 

I'm really hoping that gets cut down, because the intensity is just so absurd.

@OP 

Yeah 2 weeks is good for a full tolerance reset. Psychedelics are good for foundation and occasion insights but I wouldn't make it a habit of relying on it for all of your insights.

Edited by Shadowraix

200 ng is enough to go as deep as it is possible, but more is always better to break the barriers. If you feel comfortable with higher doses go straigth ahead!

4 minutes ago, Alex said:

but more is always better to break the barriers. 

Not always ime. For most people, I would recommend being cautious with that idea.

@Serotoninluv I meant that more technical, in that more LSD is better to break barriers. Otherwise I totally agree with what your saying feeling like your dying sure isn't something that anyone wants to experience on their first trip, ;) except when this is excatlly what you're after. 

1 hour ago, Serotoninluv said:

@Wisebaxter

Go for it. Yet, use it wisely. Tripping every weekend is not sustainable. The tolerance reset is 12 days, so a strong trip once over two weeks is max. More than that, the tolerance will build up. Also the "magic" will fade if you trip to much. And. . . the insights start to pile up and don't get integrated. After a couple months of frequent use, similar insights occurred and I was even scolded by the psychedelic. It essentially said "Why are you back here? I just told you this last week!!".

I went dialed it down to once every two weeks and then to once a month. However, I think sprinkling in micro-dosing and mini-dosing to be helpful. 

As time went on, the contrast between sober and psychedelic realities started to fade. The two worlds started moving closer together. The dosage I need to reached nondual experience decreased. You mentioned 200ug - that would be a monstrous dose for me. A couple weeks ago, 75ug sent me into a nondual deeply insightful space. As well, my baseline conscious level has increased and I can now access realms sober that used to be inaccessible to me a year ago. 

@Serotoninluv This is very helpful, thank you. I do feel like the insights are piling up and perhaps I need to be more practical and actually work them into my life more. I feel I don't have the lower levels nailed on Maslow's triangle, such as security, but then again that's partly the reason I want to trip again, as I feel I have more to be shown here. Every time I trip the insights just flow so beautifully out of me, it's very addictive and exciting. Really, my main issue here is lack of patience. What's the rush, really? Well, I guess the truth is I'm also a bit of a pleasure seeker and that feeling of love I get from LSD is like nothing I've ever experienced. 

Perhaps then the answer is to carry on with it like my hearts telling me too and eventually I'll get to a similar state to the one you described, where the insights dry up and the substance scolds me for over-using it. 

1 hour ago, Alex said:

200 ng is enough to go as deep as it is possible, but more is always better to break the barriers. If you feel comfortable with higher doses go straigth ahead!

@Alex Well I feel like I can handle 200ug pretty well now, so I'm sure I can up the dosage a bit. What do you think would be a good amount to jump to next, to be safe?

@Serotoninluv It's funny you mentioned about the smaller amounts. When I did 20ug last week I felt more intense love welling in my heart than I'd felt with the larger amounts. It felt a lot more body-based. Perhaps larger doses don't just give you 'more of the same,' but change the experience completely. I was very pleased that micro-dosing had this effect. If I could have that feeling every day....man, I think I'd be unstoppable. 

Edited by Wisebaxter

I also want to keep increasing my dosage to try and achieve ego death, which I haven't really experienced so far, not intensely anyway. 

You sound like me. I was exactly the same, I wanted ego death and so upped my dosages each time to get it.

When I took 600ug of LSD within 20 minutes I knew it was coming for me, but I was so ready for it. Yet I really didn't handle it well at all, although I thought I did at the time. 

Let's just say when you "die" shit can get weird as you are no longer in control and so "God" will give you whatever you need to get. But the ego won't necessarily like it. For me that was being handcuffed by police and working through one of my deepest fears of insanity/losing touch with reality/everything going to shit.

Go for higher doses to get that breakthrough, or just find some 5-MeO ceremony or something. But if you do a new high dose, 300, 450, 600, etc I recommend using a trip sitter. I really did learn that the hard way and maybe you will too.

Either way, even when your deepest fears LITERALLY start manifesting themselves in reality, just flow with it and stay present without projecting the fears onto the situation. Realise a handcuff is just a handcuff not the story you put on it.

My 600ug trip was the most beautiful and profound trip of my life. That was 6 months ago and slowly my consciousness has been increasing as I integrate things from that trip.

You had amazing insights into your life and amazing insights take time to integrate in your sober reality. Don't get caught up in the novelty of it.

3 hours ago, Alex said:

@Serotoninluv I meant that more technical, in that more LSD is better to break barriers. Otherwise I totally agree with what your saying feeling like your dying sure isn't something that anyone wants to experience on their first trip, ;) except when this is excatlly what you're after. 

I’ve found that once the ego death zone is crossed there isn’t more barriers to cross and it can be counter-productive. For example many minds will black-out. What’s the point in blacking out? Also, they can be extemely intense on energetic systems, increase risks if negative side effects and a long time and o recover

That’s just my experience. Others have different experience and get a lot out of heroic doses.

1 hour ago, Maya_0 said:

You had amazing insights into your life and amazing insights take time to integrate in your sober reality. Don't get caught up in the novelty of it.

This

Psychedelics are a tool, and like anything can be used for pleasure or growth. It sounds like you might be leaning more towards using them for pleasure. And there is nothing wrong with that! But if you want to grow, I recommend dosing less and integrating more

@Maya_0

10 hours ago, Maya_0 said:

Yes I think you've nailed it there, thanks

On 22/03/2019 at 0:24 AM, Bluebird said:

You sound like me. I was exactly the same, I wanted ego death and so upped my dosages each time to get it.

When I took 600ug of LSD within 20 minutes I knew it was coming for me, but I was so ready for it. Yet I really didn't handle it well at all, although I thought I did at the time. 

Let's just say when you "die" shit can get weird as you are no longer in control and so "God" will give you whatever you need to get. But the ego won't necessarily like it. For me that was being handcuffed by police and working through one of my deepest fears of insanity/losing touch with reality/everything going to shit.

Go for higher doses to get that breakthrough, or just find some 5-MeO ceremony or something. But if you do a new high dose, 300, 450, 600, etc I recommend using a trip sitter. I really did learn that the hard way and maybe you will too.

Either way, even when your deepest fears LITERALLY start manifesting themselves in reality, just flow with it and stay present without projecting the fears onto the situation. Realise a handcuff is just a handcuff not the story you put on it.

My 600ug trip was the most beautiful and profound trip of my life. That was 6 months ago and slowly my consciousness has been increasing as I integrate things from that trip.

@Bluebird Thanks for the advice buddy. What was it about the 600ug trip that made it so beautiful? Do you have a trip report written for that one?

On 22/03/2019 at 2:55 AM, improvementedward said:

This

Psychedelics are a tool, and like anything can be used for pleasure or growth. It sounds like you might be leaning more towards using them for pleasure. And there is nothing wrong with that! But if you want to grow, I recommend dosing less and integrating more

@improvementedward Yes mate definitely, I am a bit of a pleasure seeker. I suppose it's about developing mindfulness into your emotional state and knowing why exactly you want to trip, what's your intention. If it's for an escape or for a buzz, then best to wait eh? 

You can dose it every week and learn for yourself that it looses magic rather quickly.

I don't recommend dosing more often than once a month, but sometimes you have to do it, so it's not a set-in-stone rule.