Wisebaxter

Microdosing and Bipolar Disorder

11 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

My girlfriend has type 2 bipolar disorder and she would like to try Microdosing, not specifically for the bipolar, but just because she'd like to benefit from the increased mood etc. She's a little concerned though as there are some conflicting reports online regarding this. I've advised her to take a very small amount and experiment as it's not going to kill her. If anything she will just feel weird and then she can stop taking it. Does anyone have any experience here? 

Edited by Wisebaxter

I don't have direct experience in this myself or with friends who have bipolar.

All I would say is, 'test' your gut feeling. Ignore what you read, and even abandon the logical brain temporarily (oh Ill just give a tiny amount).

Check your gut. If feels good, proceed boldly without fear and believe your convictions.

If feels bad/off/not 100%.....wait.

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, JohnnyBravo said:

I don't have direct experience in this myself or with friends who have bipolar.

All I would say is, 'test' your gut feeling. Ignore what you read, and even abandon the logical brain temporarily (oh Ill just give a tiny amount).

Check your gut. If feels good, proceed boldly without fear and believe your convictions.

If feels bad/off/not 100%.....wait.

Sure I hear what you're saying, thanks for posting. I think she's going to have a very tiny amount to test the water and go from there. I'm quite proud her actually for having the guts to do it. I thought she could maybe journal her experience too if it's a positive one so she can help others with the same question. I'm surprised there's no information for this online. This is the problem with banning these substances, firstly hardly anyone is running tests and secondly everyone else it too scared to try something illegal. 

Edited by Wisebaxter

@Wisebaxter I would dissolve the doses in water/alcohol for accuracy. When you get down to microdosing, I think it's better to dissolve in liquid.

Strictly speaking microdosing is sub-threshold. There aren't any trippy sensations. If she microdoses and "feels something" it is most likely a placebo effect.  

How much will you try? 5ug is tiny, 10ug is standard.

Is she on an mood stabilizers or SSRI's? 

Such as: 

• Prozac
  • Lamictil
  • LIthium
  • Abilify
  • Effexor 

@kieranperez Yeah she is actually on a mood stabilizer. You think that will present an issue?

20 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

@Wisebaxter I would dissolve the doses in water/alcohol for accuracy. When you get down to microdosing, I think it's better to dissolve in liquid.

Strictly speaking microdosing is sub-threshold. There aren't any trippy sensations. If she microdoses and "feels something" it is most likely a placebo effect.  

How much will you try? 5ug is tiny, 10ug is standard.

@Serotoninluv Well the micronising vials were a little expensive so we just bought a bunch of blotters in the end. She gonna snip a little corner off one of them. Maybe 10ug would be a good idea.

I micro dosed around 20ug last week and I felt a very intense feeling of love in my heart? Do you think this was the LSD, or just the placebo you mentioned ?

On 3/22/2019 at 3:15 PM, Wisebaxter said:

@Serotoninluv Well the micronising vials were a little expensive so we just bought a bunch of blotters in the end. She gonna snip a little corner off one of them. Maybe 10ug would be a good idea.

I micro dosed around 20ug last week and I felt a very intense feeling of love in my heart? Do you think this was the LSD, or just the placebo you mentioned ?

All you need is dropper, like an eye dropper. No fancy vials needed. I diluted mine in 40% alcohol in a plasic tube. 

SSRIs work in overlapping pathways as LSD. People’s experience and n both vary. Microdosing is so small, I wouldn’t imagine its too big a deal. Yet I would researcrch more if increasing the dose. 

I find value in all dose ranges, including micro/mini trip at 20ug. This dose can help bump my baseline consciousness into another frequency. Especially creativity, integrative thinking, empathy and connection 

@Serotoninluv You won't believe that went down in the end. She decided to do 100ug instead of microdose, then after an hour said it hadn't worked. I then took 100ug to test it out and agreed after an hour that she was right. Oh and I dropped another 200ug just to be sure. So I come upstairs and we're lying there, when all of a sudden the 100 hits me and I'm mashed. I tell her 'this is good shit!' she then decided that she needs a lot more to to the trick due to her physical makeup and she goes and takes another 1200ug without me even knowing what she's doing. She tells me she's done that just as the extra 200 I took is hitting me, you can imagine my horror lol. Although at the time we both laughed about it. Anyway, I'll write up a trip report some time but it all turned out brilliantly, mystical states for both of us and she handled it like a trooper. I can't believe she did that much. I was totally gone on just 300. So, that was a Wednesday night to remember! 

@Wisebaxter I had a friend on SSRIs that didn't feel a thing on 200ug. She was up for 24hours though. Even strong sleeping pills couldn't knock her out.

@Serotoninluv Hmmm, I wonder if my girlfriend is on an SSRI then, I'll ask her. It was funny, because when I confirmed to her that the LSD was working she all of a sudden started tripping, almost as if her mindset and belief that it was rubbish stuff was holding her back. May have just been a coincidence though, especially as on a dose of 1200ug she seemed to hold it together pretty well. It scares me think how I would handle that dose lol, considering how 300 felt. I went from 200ug to 300ug too so that was a quite a jump. 

Did your friend ever up her dosage and have a proper trip?