Neorez

Jed mckennas enlightenment

86 posts in this topic

I just finished reading the first two books of jed mckenna and I'm not really sure what to think about it. Its such a big contrast between him and lets say a sadhguru or a mooji or something. His nihilist way just left me a but depressed, which I guess is the point of his books to get you to question everything thats a belief. He just takes a run with the entire spiritual dealings and new age stuff. Now I cant stop thinking about why to do anything, why do yoga, why go after enlightenment or do meditation, because its all shit we do in the dream. It does't mean anything. Did anyone else read his books? Is this enlightenment? What is everything else in the spiritual world then? 

What do you like to do ?

Would you still want to do it if you had to pay for it ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Shin Do you mean as a spiritual practise or just in general? I'm just a bit lost. I don't know what to belief or to do because everything you do or belief seems to be just a way to take on another roll instead of letting go of one. I want everthing to be true,to believe that there are such things as old souls,twin flames and everything spiritual, but to me it sounds like a lot of bullshit, just more concepts. But then again is there some truth in them? If there is nothing to belief in what is there to do? Do I delude myself if I just choose something? I don't know if I make any sense.

@Neorez

I like Jed MacKenna. He is one of the most straightforward people in this business.

Don't worry about anything right now, it's normal to feel depressed as you uncover your delusions. You will get used to it (just like you were used to be deluded), and it will pass.

God is paradoxical, It does not make any sense, but at the same time, It does make all sense.

Keep meditating and self-inquiring and other practices if you have already started. And if not, start at least with meditation.

And breathe...

@Truth Addict I was pretty ok until I started writing what I was thinking, so I'm seeing how his spiritual autolysis works. It just feels like getting pulled in all directions and but not moving anywhere. I'm trying to meditate on a daily basis and doing self inquiry. I guess I'm trying to find solid footing again, but thats no longer there, it never was! Why is god paradoxical? Because he, it, whatev has to be everything? Damn you Jed!!!

@Neorez

Just be aware of your thinking process.

And instead of asking this:

4 minutes ago, Neorez said:

@Truth Addict Why is god paradoxical?

Try to ask yourself: why do I want anything to be some other way? Why not accept everything as it is?

Whatever makes you feel depressed, question it until the end.

And remember: it will pass, it always does.

I'm no master myself, but I hope that helps you.

Truth is not interested in the preservation of false delusion, it's in the business of destruction. It will strip away everything that is false until nothing is left. And if there's still someone/something there saying there's nothing left,it's last piece of business is to destroy the one saying there's nothing left. :)

4 minutes ago, who chit said:

Truth is not interested in the preservation of false delusion, it's in the business of destruction. It will strip away everything that is false until nothing is left. And if there's still someone/something there saying there's nothing left,it's last piece of business is to destroy the one saying there's nothing left. :)

oS8y99XZ_400x400.jpg

God is love

And God in them

@Neorez Try to go back to why you read two of his books. What were you looking for, what were you wanting to be without? There’s likely a revelation there for you. 

Nihilism is the ceiling of psychological and pragmatic shedding of beliefs - at the level of thinking. 

But the nihilist is not self realized, because they have not done the work (self inquiry, etc).

Realizing there is nothing, is not realizing I am nothing / ‘who’ nothing is. Notice that “Jed is enlightened”, is a belief, you hold. 

Perhaps it’s more accurate, for you, to say, “Jed is a nihilist”. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

I really liked the Jed Mcenna book I read, just because he was so straight forward and not "new agey". I even find Kriya yoga to be to "spiritual" for me personally. I never believe stuff I don´t experience so im quite critical. Guess we all find the teacher and path that suits us.
It does sound like you got alot from reading his books thou so congrats! (even if it feels abit shit right now, maybe you have something like a ego backlash?)

@Neorez It is good that Jed's books trigger you. There's a lot to learn from getting triggered, as to what you're resisting and being unwilling to look at. I I'm not at all saying Jed is enlightened or right, but looking at why you don't want him to be right is a good place for growth.

@Nahm  I actually didn't know what his first book was about. I kind of stumbled upon it as an audiobook. I want to be the real me, i've been wearing masks that I don't like. But who or what that real me is, haven't experienced yet.

@luckieluuke I don't think I even understood half of what Jed is talking about but yes it was an eye opener. And yes my ego is hating it every step of the way. I'm now listening to his third book, where he talks about spiritual adulthood, and I can feel myself hoping that that is something less scary than the enlightenment he talks about. It's a strange thing and I guess it will stay that way for a while. 

Why is it scary ?

God is love

And God in them

@Shin Because the price is everything and I'm still attached to it, or thats how it feels. Why pay everything is there is nothing after, why not ride the ride and pay when you die. 

1 minute ago, Neorez said:

@Shin Because the price is everything and I'm still attached to it, or thats how it feels. Why pay everything is there is nothing after, why not ride the ride and pay when you die. 

How do you know there is nothing after ?

God is love

And God in them

@Shin guess that's what the fear of no self boils down to? 

2 minutes ago, Neorez said:

@Shin guess that's what the fear of no self boils down to? 

What do you think «noself» is ?

God is love

And God in them

50 minutes ago, Neorez said:

I don't think I even understood half of what Jed is talking about 

I liked Jed's books, because before I started to read non duality, I was not a spiritual person by any means, I didn't do yoga, nor meditation, I was not religious, etc... and when I see an " Enlightened being" on youtube, talking about that everything was love, and we should love to connect to or higher selves, and all that stuff we see in the new age movement, I would then try to do it, but it looked like fake to me, and I would think that if to find truth/liberation I would have to do it I wouldn't even try,

So fortunately I found out Jed's books, he talks about truth, not liberation, not to have a better life, not to become anything, his whole book summarized is: You know nothing, despite the fact that you exist, everything else is belief, as far as you can prove only you exist, and you don't know what you are.

To find out this, to have the direct experience of this, you'll have to try to prove that something besides your existence is truth, and in the end you will see that you can't. So only truth will remain.

Truth is not bad, I don't know why the self identification so badly tries to avoid it, I guess because is its death

I tried spiritual autolisys and then I used other methods also,

Edited by Dumb Enlightened

@Neorez

I don't know who jed is but

Learn only the method techniques if any offered by the masters. 

In general traditional masters are safe. They won't mislead or give wrong advises.